D&D 3E/3.5 [Kulan] House Rules Thread (Updated: Mar 13/24)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Okay, for nostalgia purposes I took a look at my old index card file of magical items. Some (or all) of these will be revised for 3rd Edition.

The Bow of Wind has already been updated and was posted on my Kulan: Lands of Harqual thread, but there isn't a description of what it is in that post. Once it gets revised completely for 3e, I'll re-post it here.
_________________________________________________​

Artifacts
  • Bolt of Destruction
  • Larea's Hunter (created by the gods)
  • Mystical Riverboat (allows planar travel)
  • Rod of the Elements
  • The Bow of Wind
  • The Horn of the Minotaurs
Magical Items
  • Barding, Platinum
  • Chaufron of the Unicorn (steed gains Int and attacks of a unicorn)
  • Deathblade (+2 sword, +4 with death attack)
  • Girdle of the Dragon (turns wearer into a half-dragon)
  • Gloves of Thunder
  • Hand Axe of Returning
  • Horseshoes of Fire
  • Pipes of the Hills
  • Red Dragonne (figurine of wondrous power)
  • Rod of the Wild Magi
  • Stone of the Giants
  • Whip of Defending
Cursed Items
  • Braclet of Haunting (attracts ghosts)
  • Gloves of Chaos (causes confusion)
  • Sheild of the Blue Dragon (attracts "rogue" blue dragons)
Psionic Devices
  • Saddle, War, of Dream Travel (dream travel with steed)

Last edited:

Kmart Kommando

First Post
Any suggestions on how to make it stronger?
here's a few:

I like free temp hit points, so maybe 2/spell level on the recipient of a curing spell. I think the favored soul had a version of that as a variant class ability.

Free feat, Augment Healing. Healing characters almost never take the Healing domain, because it is weaksauce. This wouldn't be. :)

Automatic Empower Spell on any spell from the Healing domain, 1/day at 1st level, +1/day at each odd level. Maybe too much, but it's the walking bandaid we're talking about.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
here's a few:

I like free temp hit points, so maybe 2/spell level on the recipient of a curing spell. I think the favored soul had a version of that as a variant class ability.

Free feat, Augment Healing. Healing characters almost never take the Healing domain, because it is weaksauce. This wouldn't be. :)

Automatic Empower Spell on any spell from the Healing domain, 1/day at 1st level, +1/day at each odd level. Maybe too much, but it's the walking bandaid we're talking about.
I like the idea of Augment Healing as a free feat. The automatic Empower Spell on Healing domain spells is too powerful for my campaign, IMO.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Sacred Healing revised

Sacred Healing (variant)
Deities: Apollo, Issek, Jalivier.

Granted Power: The cleric receives Augment Healing as free feat and a +2 sacred bonus to the Healing skill checks and may use the skill upon any living creature; animal, humanoid and monstrous. Spontaneous metamagic heals cast by the cleric take only a standard action instead of a full-round action.

Sacred Healing Domain Spells:
1. Cure Light Wounds
2. Cure Moderate Wounds
3. Cure Serious Wounds
4. Blood of the Martyr BoED
5. Energetic Healing BoED
6. Heal
7. True Rest †
8. Heal, Mass
9. True Purity †
† A new spell from the Spells 3.5 document for Kulan
BoED A spell from D&D Book of Exalted Deeds

Last edited:

Kmart Kommando

First Post
I like the idea of Augment Healing as a free feat. The automatic Empower Spell on Healing domain spells is too powerful for my campaign, IMO.
I may have phrased that incorrectly. 1/day, they can Empower a spell from the Healing Domain, and gain additional uses based on caster level, or class level that gave them the domain.

Lumping Miracle in the Healing domain makes it available to anyone who can get a domain, that seems a bit powerful. While it can do healing, Miracle is just that. Mass Heal, like the original Healing domain, is plenty powerful.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I may have phrased that incorrectly. 1/day, they can Empower a spell from the Healing Domain, and gain additional uses based on caster level, or class level that gave them the domain.
Ah, I see. That's more reasonable. I still prefer the bonus feat.

Lumping Miracle in the Healing domain makes it available to anyone who can get a domain, that seems a bit powerful. While it can do healing, Miracle is just that. Mass Heal, like the original Healing domain, is plenty powerful.
Well, I do consider it a work in progress. And, I forgot to list the specific deities that have access to it. Only those specific deities' followers have access to the domain.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I made a couple more changes to the Sacred Healing domain. I pulled a couple of unique spells from the document I use for Kulan. These two spells were created by the Jester.

In his campaign, the spells are Healing domain spells, which I've noted below in braces. For my campaign, they will be for the Sacred Healing domain instead.

True Purity
By @the Jester
Transmutation [Good]
Level:
Good 9, (Healing 9), Purity 9, Sacred Healing 9
Components: V, S, M, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell combines several powerful effects. A good-aligned subject is cured of all diseases, poisons, infestations, negative levels, non-lethal damage, ability damage or drain, alignment change and compulsions. She is also healed of 100 hit points of damage. While the spell lasts, she is not subject to disease, poison, infestation, negative levels, ability damage or drain, alignment change or compulsions. She also gains DR 15/evil and cold iron. Finally, she gains a +6 enhancement bonus to Charisma for the duration.

A non-good creature subjected to this spell receives the same benefits and effects, except that its alignment shifts one step towards Good for the duration of the spell (possibly requiring atonement later). An undead creature suffers 100 hit points of damage rather than being cured, but is otherwise affected normally.

True Rest
By the Jester
Conjuration (Healing)
Level:
(Healing 7), Sacred Healing 7
Components: V, S
Targets: 1 creature/level
Duration: 8 hours and 4 hours (see text)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

You cast this spell on creatures going to sleep. If they get a full 8 hours sleep, they heal ten times their level in hit points, and all of the following conditions are removed: ability damage or drain, blindness, (confusion,) dazed, dazzled, deafened, exhaustion, disease, fatigue, feeblemind, insanity, nausea, sickened, stunned and poison. The creatures awaken feeling refreshed and have a +2 morale bonus on saving throws and skill checks for the following four hours.

Last edited:

Kmart Kommando

First Post
True Rest
By James Sutherland
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: (Healing 7), Sacred Healing 7
Components: V, S
Targets: 1 creature/level
Duration: 8 hours and 4 hours (see text)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

You cast this spell on creatures going to sleep. If they get a full 8 hours sleep, they heal ten times their level in hit points, and all of the following conditions are removed: ability damage or drain, blindness, confusion, dazed, dazzled, deafened, exhaustion, disease, fatigue, feeblemind, insanity, nausea, sickened, stunned and poison. The creatures awaken feeling refreshed and have a +2 morale bonus on saving throws and skill checks for the following four hours.
how do you get the confused individual to go to sleep in the first place? :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases