log in or register to remove this ad

 

Kulan: Knightfall's Aerie of the Crow God Game [IC]


log in or register to remove this ad

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: TL;DR: Maur does 27 B damage to the cultist (and feels sorry for not having high crit range weapon ;)


"Brutus, go help the others. These doors aren't quite built with you in mind."

Maur advances, following the cultist in. "Caerth, can you hold few heartbeats more? That is how long this one has in him."
Those words are followed with lightning quick double-strike with his heavy hammer, crushing puny magical protections of the puny c-raven god.

 
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: TL;DR: Maur does 27 B damage to the cultist (and feels sorry for not having high crit range weapon ;)


"Brutus, go help the others. These doors aren't quite built with you in mind."

Maur advances, following the cultist in. "Caerth, can you hold few heartbeats more? That is how long this one has in him."
Those words are followed with lightning quick double-strike with his heavy hammer, crushing puny magical protections of the puny c-raven god.

The cultist tries in vain to block Maur's hammer strikes but his shield cracks in half and so does his arm. The second blow to his chest send him to the floor of the unholy room.

"Curses," The prelate says with grim realization.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth grins wickedly at the prelates predicament, and the half-orc once more takes a few stabs at the cultist with his impressive spear.

His first thrust hits the prelate, although the wound is not that bad. Trying for a more brutal follow-up, however, the druid trades too much precision for power, and the spear misses any meaningful part of his enemy.

The prelate tries to shrug off Caerth's strike. The half-orc druid can tell the man seems to be considering his options. He hadn't expected the other cultists to fall so easily.

Out in the hallway, Quinn picks himself off the ground, his face red. He moves forward in hopes of cutting off one possible escape route for the the approaching cultist. Wieland moves next to Brutus where Quinn was a moment ago. He holds up the light for the big ex-gladiator.

In the room, the prelate decides against trying to cast another spell and strikes back at Caerth with his heavy mace. The blow catches the druid's shoulder with a glancing blow. Then the prelate moves diagonally towards the corner of the room to make his stand. He knows not to let Caerth and Maur flank him, it seems.

"Let us see who meets Death first, shall we?"

Brutus silently wishes he hadn't thrown his axe. Now, he is forced to draw his punching dagger and charge the cultist with a lesser weapon. The young half-ogre rushes forward past Quinn and screams a challenge to the cultist. He nearly trips on a loose flagstone and faceplants onto the floor. He manages to right himself halfway down the corridor but his attack simply deflects off the cultist's shield.

"Lad, you need to be more careful!" Quinn yells at him.

The cultist counters with his mace against the inexperienced half-ogre. The blow is nearly as feeble as Brutus's had been. The cultist swears a curse at the half-ogre in the name of his goddess.

Aureus moves into the room, deftly stepping over one of the dead cultists. She quickly scans the room and sees the prelate near Caerth. She takes aim with her bow and prepares to fire a single arrow. She misjudges her footing due to the slickness of the floor due to Maur's spell. She goes down in a heap of angry fur and her bow slides across the floor past the brazier. "Furballs!"

Timmins moves up next to Wieland and takes aim at the cultist fighting Brutus. He aims carefully to make sure not to hit the half-ogre and te light is just enough for his aim to be true. The arrow slices across the cultist's cheek. Meridith follows Timmins' lead but moves closer to the enemy. Her shot isn't as precise and it embeds in the ceiling.

 

Scotley

Adventurer
Phar moves to where he can get a clear shot and intones a spell. His dextruous fingers weave complext patterns in the blink of an eye and he ends by pointing an extended index finger at the prelate. Bolts of force race from his fingertips, visible only as a distortion in the air, to strike unerringly.

OOC: Magic Missile
Magic Missiles: 4D4+4 = [1, 3, 2, 3]+4 = 13
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar moves to where he can get a clear shot and intones a spell. His dextruous fingers weave complext patterns in the blink of an eye and he ends by pointing an extended index finger at the prelate. Bolts of force race from his fingertips, visible only as a distortion in the air, to strike unerringly.

OOC: Magic Missile
Magic Missiles: 4D4+4 = [1, 3, 2, 3]+4 = 13
Standing over one of the fallen cultists, Phar's spell comes into effect and the bolts slam into the prelate's chest. The evil cleric's smug demeanor fades even more as the foes arrayed against him continues to rise.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Armor unlocks as he takes his first steps and slightly pushes Caerth aside into the wall as he moves through. Calling upon Moradin, he smites the prelate, hoping to end this quickly.

Move: next to the prelate directly through Caerth
Attack:
Smite attack vs prelate; damage: 1D20+13+1 = [4]+13+1 = 18
1D8+7+7 = [2]+7+7 = 16
- eh, low attack, low damage, hopefully enough not to waste smite
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Armor unlocks as he takes his first steps and slightly pushes Caerth aside into the wall as he moves through. Calling upon Moradin, he smites the prelate, hoping to end this quickly.

Move: next to the prelate directly through Caerth
Attack:
Smite attack vs prelate; damage: 1D20+13+1 = [4]+13+1 = 18
1D8+7+7 = [2]+7+7 = 16

- eh, low attack, low damage, hopefully enough not to waste smite
The prelate reacts quickly and raises his shield to block Maur's hammer swing. This is not a foe that is going to go down easily.

Outside in the corridor, Brutus sees two more cultists coming around the corridor and into the fight. The foes are too far away for the others to see clearly, so the young half-ogre shouts out, "two more are coming at me!"

OOC: End of Round Five
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Angus MacKillan Enters The Fray
Angus brushes the dust and grime off his clothes as he nears the rough stone stairs that lead down into the second level of the evil temple. He already hates this place. The tower above was a mess of debris and horrible smells. There was burnt flesh and blood from a fight and the passageway up to the tower from the grotto entrance had been precarious for someone of his size. Once he got down through the damnable trap door, he found a wide bridge over a chasm and several corridors that confused him.

Aeron had tried to guide him through what the old human's pupil had told him above the cultist's lair. The hedge druid had gotten some of the details wrong but eventually Angus came across the right passage. He had been forewarned about some sort of trap on the stones, near the top of the stairs, so the large Harqualian centaur ranger carefully makes his way down.

Then he stops. There is a shadowy light beyond a tight passage with an open door. But what really makes him pause is the sounds of battle from somewhere beyond the doorway. His keen eyes are able to see another open doorway 20 feet away. The light grows brighter beyond that doorway, which has no door. Angus can make out broken pieces of wood on the floor near the second door. It seems Aeron's pupil and his allies are fighting for their lives.

Then he hears an echoing voice call out, "Two more are coming at me!"

OOC:
@Tellerian Hawke, welcome to the game!
 


Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
OOC:
OUT-OF-TURN ROLEPLAYING POST:


To the party's surprise, the metallic, "clip-clop" of a shod horse can be heard nearby, as well as a man's voice, mumbling something, just before a loud, crashing noise is heard!

Unknown man grumbles in Dhaoninean: "Aeron, Lady M love ye, but ye're gunta owe ma one after this one! Look at these pitiful, little doors! Are these cultists all wee folk? A' naiver seen tha like! A' hope a kin fine this Caerth quickly, these tight confines 'r makin' ma testy. Damn it all, these tinae doors! ... A' be hearin' the ring o' steel ahaid... time for a wee song, thain.."

The crashing sounds are coming from around the corner, where the summoned boar had previously broken down the door. There is a loud, angry grunt, and suddenly, everyone in the hallway sees the broken door (which had been still barely clinging to its hinges) FLY into the northernmost east wall, smashing into FLINDERS, as if thrown by a great force! Somehow, you can tell that the "grunt" had a Dhaoninean inflection to it... but how? And why? What in the Nine Hells was a Dhaoninean Clansman doing HERE?

Angus Smash 002.png

After the raucus settles, the clip-clopping becomes evenly-paced, and a loud, clear, barritone, Dhaoninean voice can be heard, SINGING! The Clansman has yet to come into view, but that is about to change, momentarily...


Lay me doon in the caul caul groon
Whaur afore monie mair huv gaun

Lay me doon in the caul caul groon
Whaur afore monie mair huv gaun

When they come a wull staun ma groon
Staun ma groon al nae be afraid...
 
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
For a moment,, Caerth thinks he hears singing. but he shakes his head and concentrates on putting down the prelate. He steps next to Maur and strikes out twice with his spear. He nearly skewers the man with the first strike but the cultist blocks the strike with his shield. The half-orc druid's second strike is ruined by the spear's butt end grazing the statue of the demonic goddess.

"Malotoch protects me," the prelate says, emboldened.

OOC: 5-foot step and then full attack.

Caerth - Full Attack with +1 spear: 1D20+11 = [9]+11 = 20 (miss)
1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14 (miss)
1D8+7 = [3]+7 = 10
1D8+7 = [8]+7 = 15
 
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Quinn clearly hears a voice singing from somewhere behind him, but with Angus in peril, he moves forward with his spiked chain to fight alongside the young half-ogre. He moves to the edge of the shadowy light and lashes out at the figure standing in front of Brutus. The spiked weapon slips past the cultist's defense and raze his chest and right shouder.

"Wieland, move forward with at light!" Quinn orders. "And someone figure out where that singing is coming from!"

The young guard of Carnell instinctively follows Quinn's orders and moves forward just far enough for the torch light to bathe both Brutus and Quinn in illumination. Beyond them, he can see two cultists in the shadowy light beyond.


In the brazier room, the prelate strikes back at the half-orc druid with his heavy mace, but the blow is awkward and misses Caerth.

OOC: Prelate - Attack Caerth with Heavy Mace (fighting defensively): 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11; 1D8+4 = [2]+4 = 6 (miss)

Brutus's eyes gleam in the light. His eyes allow him to clearly see the cultist in front of him. The young warrior stabs out with his punching dagger, but the cultist manages to block the strike with his shield and counterstrikes. Brutus avoids the powerful swing.


In the brazier room, Aureus quickly picks herself off the floor and moves towards her bow. She scoops up the weapon and checks it over to make sure it is still sound. The bowstring is wet. She'll have to let it dry before using it again. She curses her bad luck.

Timmins listens to the song coming from behind him. He turns to face what might come, although he's not sure what is coming towards them. "Ho there! Be ye friend or foe? Mark my words, we have the numbers to stand against ye!" He yells out to the singer. He motions for Meridith to back him up.

She moves next to the old fighter and keep her bow ready to fire at anything coming out of the shadows near the broken door the dire boar burst through.

 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: @Tellerian Hawke sent his post to me through Facebook so that when I was ready to post, I could just add it in in the right place.

Angus muses inwardly, his thoughts on strategy: ~They doona ken a'am comin'. A' naed tae announce meself. Laet 'em know a'am a fraend. Maybe a laence chaerge es nae tha thin ta laed wit. Whare'd a' put ma bow?~

As Angus comes around the corner, he ends his song abruptly, and says in a loud, clear, commanding voice, as he drops his lance and shield, and knocks an arrow into his bow: "A'am Angus MacKillan, adoopted sen of tha chaef of Clan MacKillan, close fraend an' ally of tha haedge wizard, Aeron! A'am haer ta serve his pupil, Caerth, and ta put doon ever' blasted crow cultist an' theese cursed place! Look sharp, lad! Aencoming!"

Everyone in the hallway is shocked to see a Harqualian Centaur, holding a massive, compound bow, aiming it at the long end of the hallway!

Brutus spares a glance backward, for a mere moment, and sees Angus aiming his bow in his general direction. In an effort to heed the Centaur's warning, Brutus ducks his head momentarily, the way a boxer would to duck a haymaker!

SEQUENCE OF ACTIONS:

Angus will take a standard action (Move and attack once.)

Move Action: Angus will move forward to the corner of the hallway. (Movement cost: Base 30 ft., + 10 ft. for moving through two tight doorways = 40 ft. total move cost. Angus' move = 70 ft.) When he reaches this position, he will drop his lance and shield (in the same square he's standing in) and draw his bow (this counts as part of the 40 ft. move action.)

Attack Action: Angus will fire once at Pritchard.
Ranged Attack With STR Bow vs. Pritchard: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
DISTANCE: Short (Less than 110 ft.)
FIRING INTO MELEE (-4): 23
Angus hits AC 23. Does that hit? | DM: Yes!

DAMAGE:

Arrow Damage: 1D8+4 = [8]+4 = 12
12 Points Damage.


The arrow finds its way over the heads of Timmins, Meridith, Wieland, Brutus, and Quinn. At this distance, Angus cannot see the look of shock on the cultist's face. Brutus laughs.

"Nice shot Meridith," Quinn calls out, his mind clearly on the foes in front of him.

"That wasn't me," she says with her eyes wide in both wonder and fear. Her hands are shaking as she isn't sure whether to fire or not.

Timmins puts a hand on her bow and tells her to lower it. He says to Angus, "We will need proof of what ye say, but after the fight is won. Agreed?"
 


Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.


Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar nocks an arrow and lets fly at the prelate with a well placed shot. Then he speaks loudly enough to carry over the battle in the language of Centaurs, "Well met Clansman, I am Phar and I know of your people. You are far from home as well. Help us win this battle and we will talk."

OOC:
Bow shot and damage: 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23
1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6
The arrow catches the edge of the prelate's shield and then slices across the man's neck. The wound isn't deep but blood trickles.

Maurs armor locks in place again as he takes his position next to the prelate.

"Malotoch protects up to a point."
thud down comes the hammer
"After which you are crow food. Maybe it is time to consider that other gods offer mercy when asked for?"
thud back comes the hammer with another dent in prelates bones.

The first hammer strike cracks the man's shield bearing shoulder, which causes his arm to slump down to his waist. Unable to lift it up to block the second hammer strike, the prelate is thudded to the floor. The hammer hits directly on the man's breastbone and Maur hears a loud crack. The prelate tries to cry out in pain but can't get any air. He drops his mace and clutches at his chest before falling to his knees then sideways to slump against the wall.

He smiles wickedly at Maur and shakes his head, 'no'.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The newest foes move towards Quinn and Brutus. One strikes out with his mace at Quinn, but the ex-gladiator easily avoids the blow. The other stops 15 ft. from the young warrior and mumbles divine words to Malotoch. He directs a fearful gaze at the half-ogre and tries to sap Brutus's will. The half-ogre easily shrugs off the magic. He growls at the man but keeps his focus on the other foe in front of him.


End of Round Six
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top