• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth notices the scared creature coming down from the rafters and takes his chance. Charging with his mighty spear, the half-orc makes a thrust aimed at the vile rook.
Caerth misjudges the distance to the rook as he charges forward. His spear scraps along the stone floor and the half-orc druid nearly falls prone next to the rook. While he manages to stay on his feet, his spear doesn't come close to impaling the rook.

The bird beast reaches out with its bony arm and grabs a nearby bone to use as a club against the druid. Its swing is a lucky one. It manages to connect with Caerth's kneecap.

OOC: Caerth's charge (+2 attack, -2 AC) > 1d20+10+2=13 (critical miss); Dexterity check (DC 10) > 1d20+3=21 (not a fumble) | Rook's attack while prone > 1d20+7-4-4=16 (hit); Damage > 1d6-1=2

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
From 10 feet away the sound of a spiked chain coils about like a snake then twice it lashes through the air, the links whistling in a high pitch whistle.

Though the first lashing of steel hits nothing but air above the prone rook, his second is better placed and rips through the feathered body, releasing blood and innards so violently that it causes enough trauma to cause the rook to stop moving.

note: if the rook tries to stand, as the act of AOO, he will trip with the chain as his AOO.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
From 10 feet away the sound of a spiked chain coils about like a snake then twice it lashes through the air, the links whistling in a high pitch whistle.

Though the first lashing of steel hits nothing but air above the prone rook, his second is better placed and rips through the feathered body, releasing blood and innards so violently that it causes enough trauma to cause the rook to stop moving.
As the rook plops dead on the stone floor, Quinn's chain gets wrapped around the beast's arm as he pulls it back. Instead of tearing it off, the chain's weight pulls Quinn forward. At the same time, he misteps on a small bone fragment causing him to lose his balance. Before he knows it, he is face down on the floor behind Caerth looking at the half-orc's feet.

OOC: Quinn is now prone. There is only one rook left, however, and it is trying to flee.

Scott DeWar

**O-O-O-F-F** ! ! ! ! ! The gladiator falls ungracefully on the blood and gore splattered floor, bits of blood and bone splattering on his face and arms.

Action: He will take a move to pick himself up

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar focuses on the Mote lit Rook that seems to be making and escape. He sights along the arrow and fires.
The rook laughs at both the death of the rook and Quinn's folly. Phar's arrow cuts off that arrow, as it passes through the rook's back and partly out the front of its chest. The beast gurgles something unintelligible as it claws at its back. It falls to the floor, dead, next to Caerth.

Scanning the rafters above, Aureus finds no sign of any more rooks. "All done?" She asks Phar in broken Elven.

Scott DeWar

Quinn rises from the ground, dusting himself off. he then retrieves his spiked chain and returns it coiled to its straps.

He gives anyone who looks at him with mirth a dark glare but does not say anything.

After a few seconds he does look back the way he fled and says, "We are missing one of our numbers back at the alter, I believe. I found, . . . comfort there . . . . myself."

Scotley

Hero
"I see no more," responds Phar to Aureus, but he doesn't lower his bow. "Now that the Rooks are dead our companion should return, but let us backtrack a bit and meet halfway I think."

Scott DeWar

Quinn looks at Aureus for the translation, meanwhile he removes his chain to be ready just as the bow shooter remains at the ready.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth relaxes after the last foe in sight drops down next to him. He casually looks at the corpse to see if it carries something valuable or useful and pokes a bit with his spear.

"Foul creatures," the half-orc mutters before turning to his allies. "Let's get everyone together and then push on. I have had enough of these harpies, I'd say let's get this over with."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads