• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: I did see this post on the OOC thread, and cut and past it with my last post. (I'm just making sure you saw it.)
A spiked chain come flying and flashing through the shadows, aiming at the first rook to come within range. the first attack rips flesh and feathers causing it to veer unexpectedly making his second attack a wild miss.
As the chain whips with deadly intent through the air, whistling its song of death! A rook wings in to stab at someone but moves right into the field of reach of the spiked chains of links.[/url]

Once again feathers and flesh are flung through the air eliciting a squawk of defiance from the foul fowl !!
The rook hits the floor awkwardly and tries to hop away while beating its wings frantically. Quinn's chain has hurt it badly.

OOC: I didn't see a damage roll, so... Damage > 2d4+7=13

After avoiding the rooks attack, Caerth grabs his spear and gives a powerful surge forwards, attempting to pierce the creatures defences with his mighty weapon.
The longspear impales the side of the rook and it squawks in agony. It pulls away from Caerth causing it more harm. It is trapped in the back of the alcove next to the half-orc druid.

Lorien steps just beyond the alcove and fires and arrow from his bow at the rooks near the opening of the roof. The arrow fires true and one of the bird-beasts hisses in displeasure. It beats its wings and flies through the opening in a hasty retreat. It's companion caws at it in anger then lets out its frightful caw toward Lorien and the others.

OOC: Lorien's shot > 1d20+10=17 (hit), Damage > 1d8+1=9

Scotley

Hero
Watching the Quinn retreat with concern, Phar brings out another arrow and fires at the Rooks near the opening of the roof.

OOC: [roll0] [roll1]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Gah! they're come to take me! they want my heart and brains! " Suddenly the gladiator drops his weapon and runs away screaming in terror!
Watching the Quinn retreat with concern, Phar brings out another arrow and fires at the Rooks near the opening of the roof.
Phar is unlucky with his shot as it thumps into a rafter near the cawing rook.

Quinn rushes down the stairs they way the group came and find himself back in the corridor where he fought the oozes.

OOC: Scott D., you can either have Quinn rush down the stairs to the first floor (where the PCs couldn't get into the tower from outside) or he take take refuge in the chapel. Your choice.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aureus looks with concern at Quinn as he runs away down the stairs, but she can only worry about the rook in front of her. She moves quickly before it can react and plunges her short sword through its head. The beast dies quickly.

The second of the bird-beasts that tried to grab a hold of Phar wings back up to the rafters above where is hisses at the party. It hops along the rafter to the wall of the tower where the darkness hides it completely. The third rook, hopping on the floor near Cearth, swipes at the druid again with its dagger, but Caerth blocks the strike.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth blocks the rooks attack with his greatspear and with the same fluid motion, takes another stab at the foul creature.

OOC: Attack [roll0], damage [roll1]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Still in fear of the rook's screeching, Quinn heads to where he felt the safest, the chapel, "No! No you won't get me! I am safe here where you will not enter! Stay away!!"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Seeing his chance, Phar shifts his grip on his bow and swings it like a club with a grunt of effort.
Phar's swing fails to connect with the rook before it flaps away up to the rafters.

Caerth blocks the rooks attack with his greatspear and with the same fluid motion, takes another stab at the foul creature.
The rook over extends itself leaving it vulnerable to Caerth's attack. His greatspear nearly pins the rook to the floor, slicing deep through its left side and leg.

Lorien takes aim again and fires at the rook that affected Quinn with its magical cawing. His arrow flies true and digs into the bird beast's shoulder. It wings above the rafters with rock in hand and tosses it at the bard in response. The throw surprises the bard, as the rafters hide the rook in shadows as it moves away from the opening in the ruined roof. The rock hits Lorien squarely on the side of the head.

OOC: [MENTION=27761]Blackrat[/MENTION] Lorien's attack > 1d20+10=14 (hit); Damage > 1d8+1=8 | Rook's attack > 1d20+9=29 (critical threat); Critical roll > 1d20+9=21 (confirmed); Damage > 2d6=7

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
a soft whimper is heard in the chapel its echoing sob drowned out by the sounds of fearless battle. the sounds seem to lessen and the breathing seems to change, like one trying to steel his nerves.

trying to save again

will save: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19

His breathing steadies as he steels his battle tried nerves. steal of his armor clanking as he stands from a cowering, fetal position. he takes his bow in had as he had dropped his chain in his panic and heads back to the battle at a run! (x4 movement, draws an arrow as he moves).

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
"Hngh" Lorien grunts as the rock hits him in the head. He loses the sight of the birdman but draws another arrow and keeps an eye out for any opening.

Ooc: Ready to shoot first rook that comes to open

Remove ads