log in or register to remove this ad

 

Kulan: Knightfall's Aerie of the Crow God Game [IC]

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
[on quinn's turn] Quinn knows that running off as fas at the half orc did is not wise, so he hustles down the hall in the direction he went.

Action, Quinn: double move toward where Caerth went until a foe is encountered, then exact "proper justice".
Action, player [me]: going grocery shopping, normal move [1/4 mile @ 2 miles per hour] attack grocery store
+50 att, 1d pocketbook damage, uber home.

damage = $198.02
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth curses as the ghouls close in on him, and Kangs mental anxiety is something he can do without.

Before he has a chance to switch to his trusted spear, the undead things are upon him. The half-orc is soon grateful for the tough rhino hide of his armor, because the ghouls have trouble penetrating it with their claws. He knows his luck won’t hold, and desperately slashes at the closest foe with the dagger.

The blow from the dagger penetrates deep into the ghoul. Caerth can tell it won't take much to put these undead things down. He's still outmatched. Then, he hears the sound of hoofbeats resounding on the cobblestone floor. The sound is coming closer and he knows the centaur is on his way.

As Angus passes Phar and the cultist, the foe tries to stop the centaur with a strike from his heavy mace. The attack doesn't even come close and by the time he's turned around, Phar has run off down the southern corridor.

"I'm going to help find the wizard," Phar says to Quinn as he runs by. "I'll leave that one to you." The paragon elf rushes north to stand ten feet from Maur. He holds up his bow with the light spell. "Let's find this bastard."

Quinn watches as the cultist at the other end of the corridor decides to move into the eastern corridor instead of towards him. Soon, both Timmins and Wieland can hear the man casting a spell, but they don't see him.

"Someone is casting a spell!" Wieland shouts, the need for silence forgotten.

The magic takes hold not on him or Timmins but on the cultist named Eike. He screams in fear. He begins shaking and looks like he's ready to run.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The acolyte on his knees looks up at Timmins and speaks. He barely acknowledges the other cultist who is now under the grips of fear. "Listen, I am not truly one of them. My name is Aries Zeidan and, yes, I have been living among these damn cultists for near a year now, but I was sent by by my masters to infiltrate this Cult of the Crow Goddess and put a stop to there evil ways. I am a member of the Soldiers of Iron."

"Quiet you," Timmins snaps. "I will not listen to any of your lies."

"You must listen to me!" The man yells. "Carnell is in great danger! The undead leader of this cult has planned for your return to this island! He knew you would come and has set a plan in motion to destroy Carnell while you are distracted here!" The man begins shaking in anger. "I did not have time to slip away and warn anyone! A flight of rooks is likely already upon the village! There are more than two dozen of them! Tarrak plans to let them cause havoc and then he and the other ghasts will slip into the village when the sun goes down! They wish to turn everyone in Carnell into undead beasts!"

"You need to be quiet," Wieland insists. He menaces the man with his sickle. "You will not help this Xander escape by distracting us."

"Xander is a wizard and thief," Aries says. "He's not going to stick around here and end up dead for Tarrak. He's isn't loyal to that damn ghast. The duergar is more like the hired help. His payment was to not be turned into a ghoul." He shakes his head. "And I have no love for the man. He's as vicious as they come. He might fireball you if he gets the chance."

"Muzzle that bastard," Aureus barks. "I can't hear a damn thing!"

"Stop talking!" Timmins snaps. He lifts his arm to strike out at the cultist with the flat of his blade.

OOC: Rushed Diplomacy check. All the NPCs start out as Hostile, but they all become Indifferent to Aries with his roll. This doesn't include Aureus. Here is her Sense Motive (Hunch - DC 20) check. I will wait to roll a check for Phar to give @Neurotic to take the lead for this situation.

Aureus - Sense Motive (DC 20): 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9 (failed)

 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Angus hears, and understands, the sentence being within the range of his knowledge of Harqualian; he had been practicing this language for a few years, but there were many subtleties that still eluded him. But he understood this simple sentence, as well as the urgency it carried; so he obeyed it, without question.

His opponent, of course, took a swipe at him as he did so. Little coward. Angus made himself a mental note to deal with him later.

Angus says, "Aen meh Wae!"

Angus knew better than to go full gallop down the hallway, in an unfamiliar environment; but he didn't have to. His horseshoes, a coming of age gift from his father, made his cantor into an effortless endeavor, adding about three feet to every stride, allowing him to almost float or glide, at almost twice his normal speed.

As Angus reaches the end of the secondary hallway, he is surprised to see the ghoul, but the reaction is momentary, and fear doesn't enter into the equation at all. An ally was in danger, and that was that; ghouls be damned. Besides, they looked squishy enough to Angus...

Angus took a double move, 140 ft. to get here.
He will act again in round 16.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"No, do listen, we cannot afford not to and it will only delay the inevitable. If they are already on their way we cannot help them. But listen somewhere not here. Take them further down the hall, near that red light, and wait. I heard something I didn't in a long time. And some dwarf on dwarf action is in order. I will call out our invisible friend in dwarven, it will be a duel. You will NOT interfere. Now go!"

"Hear that, duergar? Xander? I'm from a fight with a prelate, minor lackeys, and your champion. Wounded, and spells spent. How about it. Duergar against Sonnthord, as it was throughout the ages. Your people think you a wizard. Here, you cannot easily fly. How about it? Or you could confirm the attack on human settlement and help us get there on time. I would vouch for you then, just another hostage forced to do labor."


Maur waits tensely, expecting fully to be attacked from invisibility cover as a means of accepting the challenge. But hoping still there may be some glimmer of dwarfanity in duergar who already showed he doesn't want to fight.

"As you wish, wizard."

He swings in the empty hall, going diagonally across space, stepping into it and reversing the swing on the next one.

Attack NW; damage NW; attack N; damage N; miss chance NW; miss chance N: 1D20+13+3 = [6]+13+3 = 22
1D8+7 = [3]+7 = 10
1D20+8+3 = [11]+8+3 = 22
1D8+7 = [5]+7 = 12
1D100 = [22] = 22
1D100 = [74] = 74

In common: "Quickly now, clear the area. Go all the way back to that light. And take your blasted light with you."

As a move action cast bless into the hammer (I need to check Ordained champion, it may be limited to damage spells)

OOC:
Maur will wait only seconds for the answer and then attack the square "north-west" of him, 5' steps inside and attack the one 'north' of that one.

Assuming there is no answer, obviously

He is not sure about the professed attack on the town but is willing to listen if for no other reason than it would be expensive NOT to.
Sense Motive: 1D20+10 = [2]+10 = 12

He takes a swipe at Eike as she runs, simply for the sake of simplicity, NON-LETHAL


 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Angus and Caerth:
As Angus reaches the end of the secondary hallway, he is surprised to see the ghoul, but the reaction is momentary, and fear doesn't enter into the equation at all. An ally was in danger, and that was that; ghouls be damned. Besides, they looked squishy enough to Angus...
[/spoiler]
The ghoul hisses at Angus, ready to strike.
_______________________________________________________________________

Maur and Phar:
"No, do listen, we cannot afford not to and it will only delay the inevitable. If they are already on their way we cannot help them. But listen somewhere not here. Take them further down the hall, near that red light, and wait. I heard something I didn't in a long time. And some dwarf on dwarf action is in order. I will call out our invisible friend in dwarven, it will be a duel. You will NOT interfere. Now go!"
Meridith nods in assent. She moves away from Maur and the others towards Timmins and Wieland.

"I will not run from a fight," Brutus proclaims. The brash youngster wishes to prove himself alongside the dwarf.

Phar looks at Maur and shakes his head. "I hope you know what you're doing." The paragon elf ends his light spell once Meridith has found her way to Timmins and Wieland. He stands and waits, silently. The red glow gives him some light to see but not much.

"Damn it!" Aureus snaps. She turns and glares at Maur. "I know you think you should lead this fight, but Phar and I have been dealing with this damn place long before you showed up!" Her ears twitch in annoyance. "But if you want to get yourself killed, be my guest, but don't treat me like I'm some invalid or your servant!"

OOC: Brutus refuses to give up his position. Since Meridith didn't act this round, I'm going to let her take a single move action, and push her down in the initiative order to behind Maur and Quinn but before the duergar.

Phar can discontinue the light spell as a free action, if I'm remembering correctly. He cannot move until next round, and he may choose not to do so.

Since Aureus already moved 10 feet this round and made unsuccessful Spot and Listen checks, she really shouldn't be able to move again as I didn't have her ready an action.

Neurotic said:
"Hear that, duergar? Xander? I'm from a fight with a prelate, minor lackeys, and your champion. Wounded, and spells spent. How about it. Duergar against Sonnthord, as it was throughout the ages. Your people think you a wizard. Here, you cannot easily fly. How about it? Or you could confirm the attack on human settlement and help us get there on time. I would vouch for you then, just another hostage forced to do labor."

Maur waits tensely, expecting fully to be attacked from invisibility cover as a means of accepting the challenge. But hoping still there may be some glimmer of dwarfanity in duergar who already showed he doesn't want to fight.

"As you wish, wizard."

He swings in the empty hall, going diagonally across space, stepping into it and reversing the swing on the next one.
The duergar says nothing. He only waits and listens for his chance. He grins as the light goes out. Once Maur is done swinging his hammer at empty air, Xander makes his move. He dashes away from the half-ogre pup and the strange canine female who he can now tell isn't a gnoll. The two of them got way to close for comfort. He foregoes silence for speed and the one called Aureus hears him, but it's too late to stop him.

"Damn, I hear him!" Aureus growls.

"Even I heard that, but I still can't see him," Brutus says quietly. "Show yourself wizard!"

"With pleasure," Xander says. He stops, drops his axe, and turns and Maur can hear the duergar casting a spell. "You want a fight, Sonnthord. You're going to have to survive my magic and then catch me first!"

In the darkness, Aureus watches as a glowing bead streaks out towards her. "Brutus, watch out!"

"Damn wizards!" The half-ogre says.

"Fireball!" Phar yells. "Take cover!"

The fireball goes off right in front of Aureus. She quickly puts herself in the corner of the corridor where the wall and floor meet. Her quick reflex and natural abilities keep her from getting roasted. While Brutus and Phar aren't as lucky, the two of them manage to avoid the worst of the blast.

The flames crawl along the walls down the corridors to engulf the Timmins.

"Look out!" Meridith yells to the old warrior but it is too late. Timmins uses his shield to block some of the flames but is still singed.

"Damn wizard! Brutus yells. He looks like he's going to throw his axe again but instead he prepares to charge forward.

Aureus glares at Maur. She looks ready to bite.

OOC: Xander - Fireball spell: 5D6 = [3, 6, 1, 5, 1] = 16 (Reflex save for half damage [DC 16]) | Saves on OOC thread

Neurotic said:
OOC:
Maur will wait only seconds for the answer and then attack the square "north-west" of him, 5' steps inside and attack the one 'north' of that one.

Assuming there is no answer, obviously

He is not sure about the professed attack on the town but is willing to listen if for no other reason than it would be expensive NOT to.
Sense Motive: 1D20+10 = [2]+10 = 12

He takes a swipe at Eike as he runs, simply for the sake of simplicity, NON-LETHAL
OOC: Since Aureus is the second square you want Maur to attack, I'm going to say he attacks the square behind Angus instead. In the end, it doesn't really matter as Xander wasn't even close to any of those squares.

Sense Motive result: Maur isn't believing anything the cultist is saying at this point. It sounds like a desperate bluff by a man who doesn't want to get gutted in the "here and now" or be hanged later back in Carnell.

OA vs Eike; damage: 1D20+13+3-4 = [10]+13+3-4 = 22;1D8+7 = [2]+7 = 9 (nonlethal)
DM's Note: Saving this attack for next round as Eike will run [x3]. Maur's attack will be a hit against him.
_______________________________________________________________________

Quinn:
Quinn knows that running off as fast at the half orc did is not wise, so he hustles down the hall.

OOC: for 40 feet of movement, have me end up in the square just south of where Phar was...
Quinn rushes down the corridor to help Caerth and the centaur. Then, he hears it. The sound of an explosion and roaring flames.

"A fireball spell," Cruel Justice says.

The corridor that Phar just ran into brightens and then goes dark.

END OF ROUND 15
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Maur rushes after the wizard suddenly visible
"I knew it! Rush toward the back as I told you. NOW! Wizard, Phar, if you can make me go faster, please do so."

"And now something completely unexpected wizard."

Maur rushes after the wizard. While another might think him charging the wizard, at the last moment, just before they collide Maur shimmers and disappears, appearing a moment later right behind the duergar.

"Yield to your fate!"

Save: Reflex save (base + spell resistance + items + recitation): 1D20+3+3+1+3 = [15]+3+3+1+3 = 25 - saved, 8 damage

Double Move
Swift action: anklet of translocation, going straight behind the wizard
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Thanks," Caerth growls at Angus, a little more gruff than he would when not in combat with a bunch of ghouls.

The half-orc again regrets not wielding his trusted spear, and the magical dagger is starting to revolt him again. Why did he pick it up again?

Regardless, the blade handles well and the druid manages to hit the undead creatures easily.

OOC: Caerth attacks the ghoul between him and Angus first. If that one goed down, his secondary attack is against the next ghoul within reach.

Full attack with Kang:
1D20+11+2+2+2 = [10]+11+2+2+2 = 27
1D4+5 = [3]+5 = 8 damage
1D20+6+2+2+2 = [12]+6+2+2+2 = 24
1D4+5 = [4]+5 = 9 damage
(Added the +2 flanking AND the +2 recitation AND the +2 circumstance bonuses later. :) )

Does the Deathwatch ability works on undead, too?
 
Last edited:


Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Thanks," Caerth growls at Angus, a little more gruff than he would when not in combat with a bunch of ghouls.

The half-orc again regrets not wielding his trusted spear, and the magical dagger is starting to revolt him again. Why did he pick it up again?

Regardless, the blade handles well and the druid manages to hit the undead creatures easily.
The ghoul that moved around Caerth goes down with one stab from Kang. It topples to the floor. The second strike with the weapon cuts a deep hole in the next ghoul's gaunt torso. The blad comes back with black ichor on it.

JustinCase said:
OOC: Does the Deathwatch ability works on undead, too?
OOC: Deathwatch only lets you know that the ghouls are undead. It doesn't tell you how close they are to being destroyed.
 
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
As Caerth swings around and stabs at the second ghoul, he sees the cultist in the niche run for the other door. The man quickly opens it and then closes it from the other side. While Caerth isn't sure, he thinks he hears a large mechanism being operated on the other side of the door. More than likely, the cultist locked and bolted the door.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Meanwhile...
Rush toward the back as I told you. NOW!
Maur's word shake Brutus's inner anger into his throat. He senses the dwarf means what he says. The young warrior can only hope that the dwarf won't hold his rashness against him in the future. He retreats from the damnable wizard into the other corridor and hopes Maur makes quick work of the duergar. He stops when he reaches Timmins.

Eike dashes down the corridor towards Meridith. Fear drives him forward, recklessly. Meridith moves out of his way, as she's more concerned with Timmins who is trying to stop his cloak from smoldering. Brutus doesn't think to stop the mad cultist's rush to get away from the source of his fear.

"Eike, don't run!" Aries yells.

As he passes by Maur, the dwarf uses strikes out at the man but doesn't try to kill him. Maur's hammer thumps the man's backside but he keeps running past the dwarf and by Phar and Aureus. The hutaakan rogue thinks about trying to stop the man, but instead she fires two bow shots at Xander. Without his invisibility, the wizard is an easy target for her. The first arrows sink into his arm while the second nicks the duergar's thigh. He yelps in pain.

"Ha! Got him!" Her tail swishes, and she turns to look at Maur smugly. "He's all yours, I've made my point... to him and to you."

Timmins finally puts out his cloak and turns back to Aries. "Maur says to listen, so talk... but no shouting."

Aries sighs. "As I said, the fight here is meant as a distraction. Tarrak and the other leaders have already left the temple through a secret underground passage on the upper level you just came down from. Very few of the acolytes know it's there, but Tarrak had begun to trust me. Anselm -- he's another ghast - might still be around here somewhere but he'll probably just hide out in his room or somewhere elsein hopes you won't find him. He's not much of a warrior, but he's still dangerous."

"And the attack on Carnell?" Wieland asks.

"The rooks are already on their way or they're already there. As I said, Tarrak and his senior acolytes won't attack the village until dark. The passageway leads under the water and shoreline. It comes up on the beach close to the village but is still far enough away to have remained hidden for decades."

Phar watches the cultist's mad dash, but he doesn't try to stop him. He's more concerned with who or what frightened him. The paragon elf wizard gives the dwarf the fight he wants. He moves back towards the double doors and the reddish light. He goes past Meridith and stops by the open doors. He looks inside and sees a massive forge sitting in the center of a large room that is roughly 50 feet long and 30 to 35 feet wide. Several crates are stacked up in the corners closest to the double doors. He can see another door that is ajar on the southeastern wall. The reddish glow emanates from the forge. Phar can clearly see there are piles of coal and two old barrels on the other side of the room and a weapon's rack leaning against the northwestern wall.

Beyond the forge is a large anvil. On the anvil is a greatsword. It looks to be in the finishing stages of its creation.

"This forge room. Is there anyone else inside?"

Aries shakes his head. "No. While Xander can call forth hell hounds from the forge, Tarrak already had him do that and took the infernal beasts with him for the attack on the village. There is also a deadly bird called an anathaema eagle that is attacking with the rooks. It is quite large and carry a rider. One of the senior acolytes, a man named Crisenth, is leading the rooks."

"This is bad," Meridith says.

"How many more in the temple?" Phar asks from the open doorway.

"Not many, we were told to fight to the death, but after Tarrak left, several of the acolytes deserted. There were a few old boats on the other side of the island that Tarrak had forgotten about. I fixed up two of them just in case I needed a quick escape. The last time I check on them, the boats were still there but I wouldn't be surprised if the fleeing acolytes discovered them. If they didn't, they probably swam to the mainland." He pauses. "There are half-a-dozen ghasts waiting for you on the next level. That's the main level of the temple. There are probably rooks still in the aviary and hatchery, but if you don't go in there, they won't attack you. There is some sort of plant monster in the aviary too."

"Can you get this Xander to surrender?"

"Unlikely."

OOC: Maur - Intimidate check vs Brutus: 1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13 (success) | Brutus's attitude will naughty word to unfriendly towards Maur after the Intimidation ends.

Aureus - Composite Longbow (Full Attack): 1D20+15 = [13]+15 = 28; 1D8+3 = [1]+3 = 4
1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25; 1D8+3 = [1]+3 = 4 (two hits, min. damage)
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The Ghouls Attack:
The ghoul tries to overwhelm Caerth with its attacks. Bite. Claw. Claw. One again, Caerth's unique hide armor protects him from the ghoul's teeth and claws.

The other ghoul steps towards Angus and does the same with the same results. The undead's attacks cannot bypass the centaur's shield.

 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Mortas grins with evil satisfaction. Eike betrayed Malotoch and he will pay for his betrayal. Mortas tries to think of who to attack next. Then he sees the elf wizard, Phar, appears in front of the double doors of the forge room. He balks at the idea of challenging the wizard. Instead he tries to slink back the way he came. He gets only 10 feet before he notices the pale light of Cruel Justice shining from around the corner from the southern corridor. He can hear Quinn moving. He moves another 5 feet and waits with his mace and shield ready. Maybe he can ambush the man and take the sword from him. Tarrak would reward him.

The man is hardly moving silently and Quinn hears him coming, easily.

OOC: @ScottDeWar_jr, your action for Quinn!
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
F6D1FD6B-BBB9-4EAE-B82B-3A81F7C06EFD.png

Did this in a hurry... didn't bother to login, which is why it put it under the "default" username.

Angus' mind is swirling with options. But these were undead, he knew that much. He didn't know what they were capable of, but he DID know that now was not the time to showboat.

Stick to the basics. Chop this bugger in two!

Angus brings the big clan sword down HARD on the ghoul's right shoulder with a sickening THWACK of sharp steel hitting soft flesh!

OOC: Hits AC 26 for 11 pts. damage.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
View attachment 137565
Did this in a hurry... didn't bother to login, which is why it put it under the "default" username.

Angus' mind is swirling with options. But these were undead, he knew that much. He didn't know what they were capable of, but he DID know that now was not the time to showboat.

Stick to the basics. Chop this bugger in two!

Angus brings the big clan sword down HARD on the ghoul's right shoulder with a sickening THWACK of sharp steel hitting soft flesh!

OOC: Hits AC 26 for 11 pts. damage.
The blade nearly cleaves the ghoul in two, but the undead monstrosity remains upright, for the most part.

OOC: Since the ghoul moved to you, I'm going to forego the -2 penalty, but the second strike is still a miss.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Maur rushes after the wizard suddenly visible
"I knew it! Rush toward the back as I told you. NOW! Wizard, Phar, if you can make me go faster, please do so."

"And now something completely unexpected wizard."

Maur rushes after the wizard. While another might think him charging the wizard, at the last moment, just before they collide Maur shimmers and disappears, appearing a moment later right behind the duergar.

"Yield to your fate!"

Save: Reflex save (base + spell resistance + items + recitation): 1D20+3+3+1+3 = [15]+3+3+1+3 = 25 - saved, 8 damage

Double Move
Swift action: anklet of translocation, going straight behind the wizard
Maur's rush forward doesn't surprise Xander, but his magic jump does. He finds himself with only one option and hopes it is enough to put some distance between him and Maur. He tumbles deftly away from Maur through the open doorway that leads to the stairway up to the first level of the temple. The duergar abandons his waraxe. He's to busy trying to get away from the ordained champion. Maur can see that Xander does have a dagger and hand crossbow, however. The wizard/rogue draws the short blade after he lands back on his feet and continues to move away.

"You will have to do better than that," he mocks. He has put some distance between himself and Maur, but he knows the Sonnthord dwarf isn't done with him yet. "And if you expect me to fight toe to toe against you, your crazier than that damn self-proclaimed Ghast Lord! You'll get your licks in, but eventually, I'll outpace you."

OOC: Xander tumbles two diagonals (equal to 30 feet) and then moves another 10 feet after that for a total of 40 feet. This is a double move that requires two successful tumble checks.

Xander - Tumble check (DC 15): 1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18 (success)
Xander - Tumble check (DC 15): 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23 (success)
 
Last edited:

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Mortas grins with evil satisfaction. .. .. ..[edit] .. .. ..The man is hardly moving silently and Quinn hears him coming, easily.

OOC: @ScottDeWar_jr, your action for Quinn!
Quinn does indeed hear the man trying to be sneaky.

"you do ynot seem repentant of your ways, so you will have to be punished."

Quinn attacks the weapon hand of Mortus in hopes of giving who the warrior thinks is just a minor player of the hierarchy.

 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Quinn does indeed hear the man trying to be sneaky.

"You do not seem repentant of your ways, so you will have to be punished."

Quinn attacks the weapon hand of Mortas in hopes of giving who the warrior thinks is just a minor player of the hierarchy.
Mortas shifts his stance to try to hit Quinn first as Quinn takes a step towards the approaching man. However, the man's mace only strikes the corner where the two corridors meet.

Quinn tries to encourage Cruel Justice to use its power again to sever the man's hand. The blade does not comply. Quinn still scores two solid strikes and the cultist reels in pain from the deep cuts on his arm and torso.

"You must not rely on my power to defeat such weak foes," Cruel Justice insists. "This man is nothing and will fall easily. Use your skill to defeat him. And if he somehow survives our strikes, then you will take him back to Carnell to face justice!"

Quinn can feel the blade's will pressing against his own. Could this be what Maur warned him about?

OOC: Cultist (Mortas) - Readied attack: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14; 1D8+1 = [4]+1 = 5 (miss)

ScottDeWar_jr said:
OOC: Both attack hit even though the cultist has cover (+4 AC) after Quinn takes a 5-ft. step. Quinn attacks him around the corner of the two corridors. And no, Quinn did not just chop the cultist's hand off. See my post in the OOC thread. And even if CJ relented and used its special power as Quinn wants, its never a killing blow. The hand is severed and the wound is immediately cauterized.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Maur looks at the surprisingly agile duergar with new respect.
"You're a tricky one, eh? Well, your champion took all of one hit, so...I don't need to make many 'licks' in."

Maur casts a spell...and...nothing happens. He looks for the moment into his shield with the holy symbol and then rushes after the escaping wizard. "Whu...!?"

"I didn't expect you to resist this, chaotic one."


Standard: cast Spike stones behind duergar and as far into the hall as possible (20x20 squares x 7 levels) :devil: 1d8 damage per 5' of movement, half speed, and Ref save DC 18 to have the speed halved again.

Rogue can spot the stones with Search DC 29 (full round action)
Also, IIRC, no tumbling into the difficult terrain?

Move: next to Xander, I believe I just reach him 1 diagonal and 3 'lefts'

Opportunity Attack vs Xander; damage: 1D20+13 = [17]+13 = 30; 1D8+7 = [5]+7 = 12
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top