log in or register to remove this ad

 

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Turning from the building and trying to spot the rats, thinking about the description and then looking over the guards milling about, Akos is not one to notice background details.

"What!? Where!? How did you...?!? No matter, lets find them, we can deal with the rats whatever they are later. Sargeant, there are regulars there too, will you come?"

But he doesn't really wait for the answer already walking past them.

OOC: almost :)
Listen with aid: 1D20+2+2 = [13]+2+2 = 17
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Breva looks at the foes arrayed against him and his allies and resists the urge to rush at these villains. Instead, he moves sideways next to Vinccenzo and readies his greatsword for the onslaught to come. He motions for the two Regulars to close ranks with him and the others. "We must not let them flank us!" He shouts.

The Rising Swords mercs move forward in unision, but do not charge. They are being careful but not careful enough to keep Tim from counterstriking. Then they attack. One strikes at Tim and break's his blade on the large knight's shield. The second attacks Vinccenzo but drops his blade onto the ground. The third strikes at Breva but the paladin makes to deflect the blow with his greatsword.

Breva watches as their cleric casts a defensive spell on himself but is more concerned with the foe in front of him. He notes a crossbow bolt fly towards the fourth mercenary moving forward but it misses. Then he sense one of the guards move in behind him.

"Damn, I was sure I'd hit him," Mariana says.

He wishes to say something encouraging to the young guard, but then a longbow arrow sprouts out of his shoulder. He grabs at the shaft and grits his teeth. "I didn't see it coming!"

Out of the corner of his eye, he notes the Rising Swords' leader move out of his field of view and then another crossbow bolt flies at the mercenary that Mariana shot at. The shot only skitters across the cobblestones. And then Odhran is standing next to Mariana, behind the Sectarian Guard.

"This isn't good, they have us outnumbered! We should retreat!" He suggests.

"Stand and fight," Vinccenzo orders. "We cannot let them get the doppelganger! And if we retreat, there is a chance we might lose Mani along the way!"
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Greatsword AoO: 1D20+13 = [11]+13 = 24
Plus 11 = Greatsword Attack / +9 = Rizvan Attack: 1D20+11 = [3]+11 = 14
1D20+9 = [16]+9 = 25


Summary:
Attack of Opportunity w/ Greatsword hits AC 24.
First attack w/ Greatsword hits AC 14. (Probably a miss. But I will roleplay it as a feint.)
Second attack w/ Rizvan hits AC 25.

AoO Damage: (2d6+8) = 19 pts.
AoO Damage: 2D6+8 = [6, 5]+8 = 19

Rizvan Damage: (1d8+7) = 10 pts.
Rizvan Damage: 1D8+7 = [3]+7 = 10

TOTAL DAMAGE INFLICTED VS. OPPONENT: 29 pts.

As the merc comes into range, Tim slices him viciously with his greatsword. The merc stumbles in pain, clumsily trying to knock Tim's shield away, and getting a broken sword blade for his trouble. Tim feints a stabbing attack, tricking the merc into sidestepping directly into the path of Tim's real attack, a massive SMASH from Rizvan!

Tim YELLS,"WHO DARES DEFY THE PEACE OF MY FAIR CITY?!? FACE THE WRATH OF SIR TYMBECK VALENCIA! FOR THE HONOR OF OLD CITY, STAND YE BACK, YE VILLAINOUS CURS!!"
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Greatsword AoO: 1D20+13 = [11]+13 = 24
Plus 11 = Greatsword Attack / +9 = Rizvan Attack: 1D20+11 = [3]+11 = 14
1D20+9 = [16]+9 = 25


Summary:
Attack of Opportunity w/ Greatsword hits AC 24.
First attack w/ Greatsword hits AC 14. (Probably a miss. But I will roleplay it as a feint.)
Second attack w/ Rizvan hits AC 25.

AoO Damage: (2d6+8) = 19 pts.
AoO Damage: 2D6+8 = [6, 5]+8 = 19

Rizvan Damage: (1d8+7) = 10 pts.
Rizvan Damage: 1D8+7 = [3]+7 = 10

TOTAL DAMAGE INFLICTED VS. OPPONENT: 29 pts.

As the merc comes into range, Tim slices him viciously with his greatsword. The merc stumbles in pain, clumsily trying to knock Tim's shield away, and getting a broken sword blade for his trouble. Tim feints a stabbing attack, tricking the merc into sidestepping directly into the path of Tim's real attack, a massive SMASH from Rizvan!

Tim YELLS,"WHO DARES DEFY THE PEACE OF MY FAIR CITY?!? FACE THE WRATH OF SIR TYMBECK VALENCIA! FOR THE HONOR OF OLD CITY, STAND YE BACK, YE VILLAINOUS CURS!!"
A blow from Rizvan would normally stagger an opponent but the mercenary takes the brunt of it. There is murder in his eyes and he doesn't flinch as Tim yells his challenge. He tosses the pommel of his broken sword away and looks sideways at Mani standing next to him with an evil grin.

”Sounds like Big Tim!” Tuck exclaims at the same time Mutt begins to growl.

”If he’s in trouble, the Old City Killer could escape. We need to help them!”

The kobold lets Mutt lead the way as he urges Akos and the Regulars to make this a priority.

After Tim's voice booms across the district, all goes silent for several moments. The revelers in the park stand aghast and then begin to rush out of the garden and away from the angry voice.

Tuck looks towards the young guard was running towards the Masque Arch to see if he heard the knight's booming voice, but the fleetfooted guard is already out of sight. The revelers rush past Tuck towards the south where Patrons' Gate stands. One of the revelers stops and points towards the theater and says, "It came from over there on the other side of the theater, but we couldn't see anything or anyone."

Mutt pauses and barks back towards Tuck. The big dog is already half way through the the Song Garden. While the dog sense the danger, he doesn't want to leave his packmate behind. He turns towards the sound of battle once again and barks loudly three times.

Turning from the building and trying to spot the rats, thinking about the description and then looking over the guards milling about, Akos is not one to notice background details.

"What!? Where!? How did you...?!? No matter, lets find them, we can deal with the rats whatever they are later. Sargeant, there are regulars there too, will you come?"

But he doesn't really wait for the answer already walking past them.

OOC: almost :)
Listen with aid: 1D20+2+2 = [13]+2+2 = 17
Akos follows behind Tuck and Mutt. The big dog rushes ahead towards the garden while Tuck stops to listen to one of the revelers tell him what he heard and where it came from. If it wasn't for Akos longer legs, the urban range would quickly outpace him. While the Loremaster trusts the kobold's senses, Akos didn't hear Tim or anyone else shouting. Looking around, he can see that there aren't many people on the streets and those that were going about their business seem frightened and are rushing to get inside.

Something is definitely happening.

Several maids who had been doing chores in the garden of a small manor house, rush inside. Another woman, well beyond her prime, gathers her cane and shoos the birds she had been feeding from a bench next to the theater. She has to throw the bag of seeds away to get them from following her. She moves slowly towards an old house across the street and has look of terror on her face. She looks around frantically, as people rush towards their homes.

Besides Herleva and her patrol of Regulars, the Loremaster doesn't see any other guards.

Herleva and Roland are gathering their patrol together and two of the guards retrieve the polearms they had set aside while listening to Akos tale. The guards move in unision, but are trailing a bit behind Tuck and Akos.

Then, once he and Tuck reach the edge of the Song Garden, Akos hears the sound of metal on metal. If it is Tim and the others, they are fighting. At the very least, someone is clashing with swords.

OOC: Okay, at this point, it will take Akos and Tuck until round 3 to find the others and join the fight. @JustinCase, you can choose to have Mutt rush ahead get into the fight early, as the big dog's sense and natural speed will lead him directly to the others. Mutt would have to Run to get there in round 2 (move x4)! I don't believe that Akos or Tuck could get there in round two by running, but I'm assuming they're running to get there in round 3.

The guards will take a bit longer to get there, coming in on round four. Because they will have to calm the citizens along the way and direct them to get inside.

Roll initiative!
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Falen:
Knightfall said:
At the Embassy of Ticinum:
The night goes surprisingly uneventful. Falen has the best night sleep he's had in a long time.

Falen wakes to a knock on the door. A young Puer (aka boy, page), named Vitus, tells him that it is just past dawn and that the fog has broken outside. He offers Falen a simple breakfast, as the Prefectus has gone to an early morning event for ambassadors and their staff.

"He asks that you not tell anyone in Old City about Legatus Avitis's death until he can inform The Five, personally," Vitus says as he offers a plate of bread, grapes, and cheese along with a mug of wine to Falen. "Scriba Amphion did mention that you plan to go to see a Avitis's relative in the Temple District, at some point. He says you're free to talk to her about the matter. Word has been sent to her, I believe."

Puer Vitus pauses. "The Scriba has gone to run some errands this morning, so I'll be at your service, if you need a guide in the city. I know both Old City and New City quite well, and have been to the Temple District a dozen times in the past. I admit to being a bit unknowledgeable about the Mining District and Wizard District but those areas of Bluffside are more restricted than the others. Of course, New City has been under martial law, but I hear that is ending soon. A powerful priest-knight of the Purifier complained bitterly to The Five, and now they'll soon have no choice but to life the restrictions."
Falen thinks to himself that Vitus is likely meant to spy on him and see where he goes and who he talks to in Old City. He wonders to himself if he'll have to lose the boy in a crowd at some point.

Knightfall said:
He continues chatting incessantly as Falen nibbles of a piece of cheese. "Just in time too. Old City is so overcrowded due to that mess that happened in New City. Do you know about that? There was a huge battle and an explosion of magic. Part of the outer wall was destroyed, I hear. Of course, that was more than a month ago. That's why the Bluffside Elite are hunting the renegade sorcerer and his Loyalists. I forget his name. There is a big reward for information about him, but it has to be good. Lots of rumors floating around the city."

The boy keeps talking without taking a breath. "I hear he's some sort of fiend in disguise. A demon from the lower planes come to steal souls and damn the city to darkness." He shivers. "I wouldn't want to meet him, or the Old City Killer." He finally breathes. "Did you hear about that? There is a serial killer loose in Old City." He pauses again. "Well, if the rumor I heard this morning is true, he was caught by the Elite and Sectarian Guard, working together! That almost never happens. Of course, it could just be a rumor, but if they did catch him, it's more good news for Old City. Life can get back to normal. Well, as normal as it can get with the renegade running around blowing up stuff with magic and terrorizing the citizens."
Falen listens the casually to the young man's chatter but his mind locks on to the word 'Loyalists'. That seems familiar to him, but he's not sure why. He shakes his head and wonders who this renegade sorcerer is and why the local guards would be having so much trouble tracking one man. Perhaps he's more than just an arcanist or has secret connections in the city who are protecting him.

Hearing about a serial killer being caught makes him raise an eyebrow. Bluffside is definitely going through a crisis. And now there is the letter to consider.

Knightfall said:
Puer Vitus notes the look on Falen's face. "Is the cheese not good? I told old Maxima that it looked a bit old and moldy but she says it's supposed to look like that. I can bring you something else if you wish?"
"The food is fine," Falen replies. "The cheese is quite good."

Vitus sighs in relief and smiles. "I'm glad you like it. You could always ask Maxima for more."

"This is enough. I should get going," Falen says. He gathers his things while Vitus stands and waits, watching. 'Yes, I'm definitely going to have to lose him', Falen thinks.

"I am looking forward to visiting the Temple District," Vitus says. "You'd think they'd all be so solemn, but some of the faiths are lively. There is always a festival of some sort going on."

Falen ponders his options. If he can distract the boy and keep him talking, perhaps he can slip away. "Tell me more about this renegade sorcerer and the serial killer."

"Well, the killer has been the bane of Old City for many months now. He's been leaving bodies around the district to taunt the Elites and some think that he's responsible for the death of the Lord Mayor who was murdered in his home. I hear he's killed over two dozen people and that each body was displayed in a grotesque manner." Vitus shudders as he follows Falen out into the hallway. "I really hope he's been caught."

Falen simple nods as he walks through the embassy's anteroom and out past two new guards protecting the entryway into the building. They let him pass without any concerns and Vitus close behind. The day is bright and cheery. The contrast between the fog of the previous night and the new day is startling. The streets around the embassy are busy but not frantic. Old City definitely has the feel of a nobles' district.

"As for the renegade, it's probably better that I show you." Vitus motions for Falen to follow him down the street. He stops and waits for the unseen seer. The boy refuse to let him out of his sight. Falen sighs and follows behind. The boy takes Falen to a postboard and pulls a broadsheet off of it, one of many, that show the identity of the renegade. "Ah, that's his name! Phelix Del Cannitha!" Vitus hands the parchment to Falen and looks at the others on the postboard. "I wonder if he really looks like that."

Falen's blood goes cold. The name and face stick in his mind.

"I need to go to see the commander of the Regulars," he says as calmly as he muster. He hands the parchment back to Vitus with some nonchalance.

"Oakfirst? I thought you wanted to go see Lady Nazaria first?"

"That's what I need you for, Vitus," Falen replies calmly. "I need you to go to the Temple District ahead of me and let Lady Nazaria know I'll be a bit late. I want to talk to this Oakfirst and tell him about the Regulars who accosted me. I won't be long."

"I really should stay with you," the boy's tone changes. "It's my job."

"If you feel you must follow and watch me for the praefectus, so be it. But I wonder what Commander Oakfirst will think of Ticinum pages keeping a close eye on new visitors in Bluffside, hmm?" Falen keeps his back to the boy as he wanders away casually.

"N- no, it's not like that," Vitus says. He's still young and trying a bit too hard. He sighs. "I will go ahead of you and tell the lady to expect you you in a few hours."

"Good lad," Falen walks away more quickly but turns his head and flashes a smile at the boy. "I will see you later. After I've spoken to Lady Nazaria, perhpas you can show me around the Temple District."

Vitus nods and heads off in the other direction.

Falen waits until the boy is out of sight, he goes back to the postboard and looks at the broadsheet more carefully. 'Phelix Del Cannitha... Who are you and why do you vex me?' Falen ponders.

The unseen seer tries to memorize the face before rushing off through the district to try to find some local guards who can guide him to wherever Oakfirst might be right now. The letter will have to wait be delivered. And what if this Lady Nazaria is league with the renegade sorcerer. He must find out more about this Phelix person, first.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Help Tim!" Tuck orders Mutt ahead, as the kobold is sure he and Akos can find the battle easily now.

As most of his kind, Tuck is surprisingly fast for his small size, and the little reptilian does not stop but instead grabs his crossbow and loads it awkwardly with a bolt. He wants to be ready when coming onto the scene.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Akos hastens along, using the first few seconds of confusion and guard-talk to re-establish his armor skin and is soon running full sprint after the furry fury of Mutt.
"I need to stop running like this! I cultivated image of calm and confident, of cultured and refined preacher and monk. And now this! What will people think!? At least yesterday there was the fog and no one saw me - I think - and now again! But if Tim yelled so loudly for Tuck to hear him there must be something big. And we don't want to lose Mani!"
Akos thinks as he goes, but doesn't slow down for his dignity. Mani and the groups lives are more important
"I can always recreate the image. And besides, people will remember that story I told just now."

OOC: maybe I should consider taking some (more) bard features :)
 


Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Vinccenzo considers his options and quickly decides to cast a shocking grasp spell against the mercenary who dropped his sword in front of him. The Sectarian Guard successfully reaches out and sends the electricity through the man without fear of a counterattack. The man shudders as the spell is conducted by his metal armor. Vinccenzo then draws his rapier.

OOC: Shocking grasp spell vs. touch AC: 1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14+1 (Bless) = 15 (hit); Shocking Grasp (damage): 5D6 = [2, 2, 1, 3, 4] = 12

OOC: Power attacks and damage: 1D20+10 = [3]+10 = 13
1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14
2D6+15 = [5, 2]+15 = 22
2D6+15 = [1, 3]+15 = 19


Breva lays about with his greatsword with powerful blows, but he is used to fighting in the open rather than in closed ranks on city streets. His extra care in not striking his friends hinders his ability to bring down the enemy.
Breva's sword strikes ring off the nearest mercenary's shield. The foe counters with his longsword. Breva manages to block the first strike but the second one slips through the paladin's defenses.



The other mercenary to Breva's right charges forward towards Mariana and manages to strike a solid blow against the female guard. She winces but does not falter.

OOC: Mercenary Charges Mariana (+2 Attack, -2 AC): 1D20+14 = [5]+14 = 19; Rising Swords Merc - Longsword Damage: 1D8+4 = [1]+4 = 5

Tim is surprised that the mercenary who attacked him and broke his sword, initially, holds his ground without drawing the dagger from his belt. The other mercenary in front of Vinccenzo does the same. They seem to be waiting. Then the knight hears the enemy cleric chanting a spell and can see that he has his eyes on Vinccenzo as he steps forward 5 feet. A black aura of energy seems to engulf the Sectarian Guard and stiffens his limbs for half-a-second but Vinccenzo shrugs it off.

OOC:Evil cleric casts hold person (DC 15) vs. Vinccenzo. | Vinccenzo saves vs. hold person spell: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23 (saves!)

Mani stands eerily silent in front of Tim.

Mariana counterstrikes against her foe with her own longsword and manages to slip her blade past the mercenary's shield.

OOC: Mariana - Longsword Attack (with Bless): 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23 (hit); Mariana - Longsword Damage: 1D8+3 = [3]+3 = 6

Then the two mercenary archers step forward 5 feet and fire two shots each. The first takes aim at Tim while the second fires at Breva. The first arrow almost slips past Tim's shield, but he manages to deflect it away with Rizvan at the last second. The other arrows goes wide over his head.

Breva isn't as fortunate. The first arrow sinks into his chest. Luckily, the second arrow hits the cobblestones in front of him.

OOC: vs. Tim: Rising Swords Archer with Point Blank Shot vs. Tim: 1D20+11 = [13]+11 = 24 (-4=20); 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12 (-4=8) (both miss!)
vs. Breva: Rising Swords Archer with Point Blank Shot vs. Breva: 1D20+11 = [17]+11 = 28 (-4=24); 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19 (-4=15) (hit, miss) | Rising Swords Archer Damage vs. Breva: 1D8+1 = [8]+1 = 9

AHH! I forgot the -4 for firing into melee! Added in to the rolls above. The minus four means Tim isn't hit by the first arrow fired at him. The -4 didn't save Breva from the first arrow fired at him and he takes full damage from it. Breva has taken 18 points of damage this round for a total of 25 in this fight.


"Do it now!" Castañon yells to his men. The man facing Tim steps away from Tim and puts himself right in front of Mani. He draws his dagger and then tries to grab the doppleganger and pull him away from Tim. At the same moment, the other mercenary in front of Vinccenzo draws his own dagger and slashes out at the Sectarian Guard. The blade digs deep into Vinccenzo's side.

Almost in unison, the Rising Swords commander steps towards Tim with an evil grin, and slashes out twice at half-ogre knight. The first strike is clumsy and Tim nearly knocks the sword from Castañon's hand with his greatsword. The mercenary commander slashes back in anger but Tim blocks the blade with Rizvan.

OOC: Okay, I'm 100% sure how to do a grapple while Mani is bound and chained. I figure, at the very least, Mani cannot take an AoO against the mercenary trying to grab him. But, could Tim take an AoO against them an since he's trying to grapple Mani in a square that Tim threatens? I'm not sure it actually works that way, but I'm not going to decide anything tonight. I'll post the grapple rolls on the OOC thread tomorrow. (I need to go to sleep.) :sleep:

Rising Swords Merc - Dagger Attack vs. Vinccenzo: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30 (hit, critical threat); Rising Swords Merc - Dagger (Confirm Critical): 1D20+10 = [18]+10 = 28 (critical hit); Crit. Damage vs. Vinccenzo: 2D4+8 = [3, 3]+8 = 14
Ouch! :(

Castañon - Full Attack vs. Tim: 1D20+14 = [1]+14 = 15
1D20+9 = [13]+9 = 22
(both attacks miss)

I rolled a one again!!!!!! :mad::mad:

Dexterity Check (DC 10) to keep from dropping his sword: Castañon - Dex Check: 1D20+1 = [20]+1 = 21

And now I roll a Nat 20! AHHHHHHAAAAA! :ROFLMAO:


"Help Tim!" Tuck orders Mutt ahead, as the kobold is sure he and Akos can find the battle easily now.
Tim can't help but grin at his foe's bad luck and then he and the others hear a familiar sound. Mutt barking from somewhere. The big dog rushes through the overgrown archway behind them and charges the nearest mercenary! Unfortunately, Mutt's teeth only scrape across the mercenary's shield.

"What the hells!" The man says in surprise.

OOC: Mutt - Bite Attack: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
As far as I know, grapple provokes from the opponent, because you are moving into their actual square. Since Mani is tied and bound, he wouldn't be able to take advantage of that, unless you wanted to allow him an action that he can still perform, such as a headbutt. In my view, that's kind of a gray area.

As for Tim, someone moving into Mani's square means that they are moving THROUGH a square that Tim threatens, so they WOULD provoke the AoO, based on that reason alone, grappling not withstanding. At least that's how I would judge it, were it my game.


As the Merc moves toward Mani, Tim stabs at him with his Greatsword, making full contact!
OOC: 13 Pts. Damage


Normal attack vs Merc grappling Mani: 1D20+11 = [3]+11 = 14
(Probably a miss, unless this merc is wearing leather armor.)
Tim then turns his attention to the guy who advanced on him from the left side, intending to shield bash him with Rizvan.
Coyote Code has been acting weird today; I have had to re-enter several rolls, because some of them produce a blank page, with no die result.
Attempt 3: 1D20+10 = [17]+10 = 27
(Probably a hit)
Damage from Rizvan: 1D8+7 = [2]+7 = 9

Tim tries to stab the intrusive Merc a second time, but the wily cretin manages to twist out of the way of a second stab wound.

However, Tim is able to catch the leader off guard with a bash from Rizvan!

OOC: 9 pts. damage.
 
Last edited:


Knightfall

World of Kulan DM

As the Merc moves toward Mani, Tim stabs at him with his Greatsword, making full contact!
OOC: 13 Pts. Damage
The mercenary tries to shrug off that pain as he tries to grab onto the doppelganger. He fails to realize just how dangerous Mani is to him, even bound. The doppelganger raises his head and grins evilly at the man. His eyes flash as he holds one hand slightly forwards and cackles gleefully.

A fine swarm of crystals fans out from his hand and catches both the mercenary in front of him and the mercenary in front of Vinccenzo. Both of them are soon bleeding from dozens of tiny cuts all over their bodies. The merc in front of the doppelganger reaches for his throat where four crystals are embedded. He gurgles and falls to the ground.

"No one is dissecting me!"

Tellerian Hawke said:
Normal attack vs Merc grappling Mani: 1D20+11 = [3]+11 = 14
(Probably a miss, unless this merc is wearing leather armor.)
Tim then turns his attention to the guy who advanced on him from the left side, intending to shield bash him with Rizvan.
Coyote Code has been acting weird today; I have had to re-enter several rolls, because some of them produce a blank page, with no die result.
Attempt 3: 1D20+10 = [17]+10 = 27
(Probably a hit)
Damage from Rizvan: 1D8+7 = [2]+7 = 9

Tim tries to stab the intrusive Merc a second time, but the wily cretin manages to twist out of the way of a second stab wound.

However, Tim is able to catch the leader off guard with a bash from Rizvan!

OOC: 9 pts. damage.
What Tim thinks is the cretin trying to twist away is the man falling to the ground dead from Mani's psionic attack.

Castañon takes the blow from Rizvan without a sound of distress.

OOC: END OF ROUND TWO

Odhran, holds his action to push his initiative up to near the top of round 3. He will switch positions with Vinccenzo.
 

Scotley

Adventurer

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Akos huffs and puffs onto the scene and quickly assesses the situation. He moves a bit closer to the fighting, trying to see everyone. Once he has a good idea who is who, how dangerous and how wounded, he stops and focusing his energies sends a flying spectral book at most wounded of his companions.

Move: move forward (to be within 30 of all allies)
Free: Heal check: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29
Free: Knowledge devotion check: 1D20+16 = [8]+16 = 24
Standard: Healing blast: ranged touch attack; healed: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11; 2D6 = [3, 5] = 8 - add 2 to attack if most wounded one is humanoid (this is important if Tim is Giant type)

next round plan is area intimidate, just so you can plan to have your bad guys fall one their knees and worship Akos :p
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
As most of his kind, Tuck is surprisingly fast for his small size, and the little reptilian does not stop but instead grabs his crossbow and loads it awkwardly with a bolt. He wants to be ready when coming onto the scene.
Akos hastens along, using the first few seconds of confusion and guard-talk to re-establish his armor skin and is soon running full sprint after the furry fury of Mutt.
"I need to stop running like this! I cultivated image of calm and confident, of cultured and refined preacher and monk. And now this! What will people think!? At least yesterday there was the fog and no one saw me - I think - and now again! But if Tim yelled so loudly for Tuck to hear him there must be something big. And we don't want to lose Mani!"
Akos thinks as he goes, but doesn't slow down for his dignity. Mani and the groups lives are more important
"I can always recreate the image. And besides, people will remember that story I told just now."
Neurotic said:
Flap, flap, flap, slap, slap, slap one can hear the robe flapping and sandals slapping as the fey menace approaches the combatants.
As Tuck and Akos pass through through the hanging vines of what Tuck knows is the Overgrown Gateway, they see their companions engaged against what looks like members of the Bluffside Elite! Big Tim stands menacingly over the battlefield with both Vinccenzo and a member of the Bluffside Regulars directly to his right. Next to them stand both Breva and a female Bluffside Regular who Akos seems to remember is named Mariana. Both were stationed at Red Arch. Neither of the heroes can see Mani anywhere.

Mariana is being menaced by a soldier that is also dealing with Mutt trying to yank away the man's shield. Another foe stands toe to toe with Breva while a third stands just in front of Vinccenzo. Tim fights with his back to gateway, so there are likely other foes behind him that Akos and Tuck cannot see.

The guard standing in between Tim and Mariana casts a healing spell and directs it towards Breva. Tuck hears him say "switch with me," and then he and Vinccenzo switch positions. The sectarian guard turns and fires three magic missiles at three other foes that stand at least 30 feet away from him. The missiles slam into the three foes -- two of them with bows and another decked out in the garb of a cleric.

OOC:
Power attacks and damage: 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19
1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24
2D6+15 = [1, 5]+15 = 21
2D6+15 = [6, 3]+15 = 24

Crit Check: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11

Breva takes the time to nod his thanks to Odhran for the healing. His eyes widen as the crystals bring down a merc. He decides it is past time to bring this fight to a close. His blade lashes out at the two foes in easy reach. The big blade moves swiftly belying the power behind the strokes.
The nearly blocks the first strike with his shield but Breva's greatsword flashes just quick enough to penetrate the man's defenses. The blow slices deep into his shoulder and puts the man off center so that Breva's second strike comes close to splitting the man in two. Only a quick twist of body saves the man's life, but the paladin has hurt him badly. Blood seeps from both wounds and he cries out in pain. Breva can see that the man's resolve is shaken.

"Castañon," he yells across the battlefield after he catches the image of Tuck and Akos out of the corner of his eye. "The other two are here! We should retreat!"

"If you run, Mambru, I'll kill you myself!" Castañon orders. "Archers, take out the loremaster! Do not let him speak any charms!"

Akos huffs and puffs onto the scene and quickly assesses the situation. He moves a bit closer to the fighting, trying to see everyone. Once he has a good idea who is who, how dangerous and how wounded, he stops and focusing his energies sends a flying spectral book at most wounded of his companions.

Move: move forward (to be within 30 of all allies)
Free: Heal check: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29
Free: Knowledge devotion check: 1D20+16 = [8]+16 = 24
Standard: Healing blast: ranged touch attack; healed: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11; 2D6 = [3, 5] = 8 - add 2 to attack if most wounded one is humanoid (this is important if Tim is Giant type)
Akos moves closer to the fight, but not too close. He can see the archers in the distance look towards him, but he can't worry about that while his allies are in peril. The loremaster puts himself 15 feet behind Vinccenzo and quickly notices the Sectarian Guard is bleeding from a deep cut. The young female guard looks like she might have taken a hit, but it is Breva who is definitely hurt the worst. Akos can see that blood has stained the cobblestones under the paladin's feet.

The spectral book looks as if it is going to impact the paladin with its healing energy, but instead flies by his left ear and just misses the foe the paladin is fighting. It impacts the ground 10 feet away from the enemy archers.

OOC: Breva's touch AC is 14, so the ranged touch attack is a miss.

The mercenary fighting Mariana slashes out twice at the female Regular and his longsword scores a strike on the first blow. The other mercenary fighting Breva steps away from the paladin, sheathes his sword, and drinks down a potion produced from a pouch. The wounds that Breva just inflicted stop bleeding.

The Rising Swords cleric scowls at Vinccenzo and steps forward and casts a spell. The man's hands seem to be engulfed in shadow. Then he moves to throw, something, not at the Sectarian guard but towards the kobold urban ranger in the distance. The shadow becomes formed into a black, wispy flame that streaks towards Tuck. The shadowy flames impact the kobold squarely in the chest. The evil cleric cackles in glee!

"I said the loremaster!" Castañon yells.

"I am not one of your soldiers, Castañon," The cleric replies back. "Don't forget that!"



Mariana counterstrikes with her blade against the mercenary and hits a solid blow against the man. "Surrender or perish!" She demands.

"You have no idea what you're up against," he laughs.

OOC: Mariana - Longsword Attack (with Bless): 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23
1D8+3 = [8]+3 = 11


The two archers take aim at Akos and let loose hell. Little do they know their shots are wasted on him as long as their arrows aren't cold iron or enchanted. The first hit thumps into his shoulder but Akos only feels the weight of the impact and nothing else. The arrow falls to the ground harmlessly. The second arrow flies high over the loremaster's head.

The second archers aim is better but the blunt impacts against Akos' chest and thigh only leave his clothes torn. His skin remains pristine beneath the damaged clothing.



"What!" Castañon exclaims in surprise. His archers look befuddled too.

"Tee hee, now watch me!" Mani giggles. The doppelganger turns its head towards the Rising Swords mercenary but then quickly looks at Odhran. A loud piercing scream resounds out from the doppelganger and Odhran's eyes roll back into his head. The guard screams and drops his weapon. He shudders once and then falls down dead.

OOC: Mani - Attacks Odhran with Mind Thrust (DC 18, will negates): 7D10 = [6, 8, 4, 5, 10, 3, 6] = 42 (6 point augment); Odhran - Will Save: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8 (fails!) | That's two kills now for Mani!

Mani cackles in glee.

"Odhran, no!" Mariana yells in anguish.

"Well, that was surprising," Castañon says. "Savvas, slit that doppelganger's throat. He's too dangerous."

The guard next to the doppelganger looks at horror at the fallen Bluffside Regular and balks. He steps back from the monstrous foe and looks as if he's going to run. Instead, he reaches for a healing potion to improve his odds of survival. He is so shaken that he doesn't realize he's still too close to Big Tim.

"Damn, I'm surrounded by fools!" Castañon barks. "Forget the loremaster, shoot the doppelganger and ogre!" He orders the archers.

Castañon looks at the doppelganger, considering his next target, but knows if the loremaster speaks a charm, the fight will go against him. He rushes recklessly past the half-ogre knight to try to get to Akos before the loremaster can speak.

OOC: At this point, @Tellerian Hawke, Big Tim can take an AoO at either the mercenary drinking a potion or the mercenary commander who rushes past him towards Akos. They both act on the same initiative count. Since it is such an important moment, I will wait to post Castañon's attack or roll for the healing potion.
 


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Are those... Rising Swords?" Tuck mutters to himself as awareness dawns about these seeming soldiers. The kobold has little time to ponder this mystery, however, when a blast of shadowy fire hits him in the chest.

"Oof," he gasps, then moves slightly to the right in order to shoot two bolts at the caster that just hit him with burning magic. One bolt goes wide, but the other seems to hit its target.

OOC: Sense Motive to recognize those "soldiers" are in fact Rising Swords, which are Tuck's favored enemy (+4):
Sense Motive: 1D20+7+4 = [10]+7+4 = 21

Moving up to his speed, veering slightly to the right so he doesn't shoot his allies, Tuck uses Manyshot to fire two bolts at the cleric (-4 to attack due to Manyshot; +4 to damage due to Favored Enemy):
First bolt: 1D20+13-4 = [2]+13-4 = 11 (miss?)
1D6+1+4 = [5]+1+4 = 10 damage
Second bolt: 1D20+13-4 = [10]+13-4 = 19 (hit?)
1D6+1+4 = [1]+1+4 = 6 damage


37/47 hp

Is Tuck on fire?
 


Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: I like DR, that's why I took it. But if they are steel arrows they do extra 1d6 so DR is partly negated.

I also like how Akos already got a reputation "don't let him speak or we lose" :D
OOC: Ah, okay. So, we add the extra damage to the arrow shots that hit Akos. 6+3 = 9; 6+6=12; and 5+2=7. So, he takes 1 point from the first arrow, 4 points from the second, and no damage from the third.

Extra damage vs. Akos for steel arrows:
1D6 = [3] = 3
1D6 = [6] = 6
1D6 = [2] = 2
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Tim takes a swipe at Castanon as he rushes past.

OOC: Does AC 17 hit him while he's moving?

OOC: Unless Tim has some sort of special feat or ability I'm not aware of that allows you to increase his attack roll against a moving target, then no.

The Rising Swords commander easily ducks under Tim's blade and then rushes sidelong at Akos and slashes out with his scimitar. Castañon's foot slips slightly on a damp cobblestone from last night's fog, and he misjudges his strike. The blade comes very close to slicing Akos left arm.

"Damn your luck," he growls at Akos. "But it won't last forever."

OOC: Castañon - Scimitar Attack vs. Akos: 1D20+14 = [4]+14 = 18
1D6+8 = [3]+8 = 11
(miss)

Mutt thinks about going to his master, but instead the big dog lets go of the mercenary's shield and then tries to bite the man's tender bits, but the foe blocks the dog's bite with his shield again.

OOC: Mutt - Bite Attack: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9; 1D6+4 = [6]+4 = 10 (miss)

"Are those... Rising Swords?" Tuck mutters to himself as awareness dawns about these seeming soldiers. The kobold has little time to ponder this mystery, however, when a blast of shadowy fire hits him in the chest.

"Oof," he gasps, then moves slightly to the right in order to shoot two bolts at the caster that just hit him with burning magic. One bolt goes wide, but the other seems to hit its target.
Tuck watches as Mutt tries to bite one of the Rising Swords in the balls. The distraction causes his first bolt to fire wildly, ending up embedded in a distant tree. The kobold ranger steadies his aim for the second shot and the bolt hits the cleric's thigh. The man seems to wince but isn't made lame.

JustinCase said:
OOC: Sense Motive to recognize those "soldiers" are in fact Rising Swords, which are Tuck's favored enemy (+4):
Sense Motive: 1D20+7+4 = [10]+7+4 = 21
OOC: At this point, the Rising Swords aren't even trying to hide who they are. Tuck can tell from the pommels of their swords and the designs on their shields that they are indeed members of the Rising Swords. | Bluff to oppose Tucks Sense Motive: 1D20+1 = [4]+1 = 5

JustinCase said:
OOC: Moving up to his speed, veering slightly to the right so he doesn't shoot his allies, Tuck uses Manyshot to fire two bolts at the cleric (-4 to attack due to Manyshot; +4 to damage due to Favored Enemy):
First bolt: 1D20+13-4 = [2]+13-4 = 11 (miss?)
1D6+1+4 = [5]+1+4 = 10 damage
Second bolt: 1D20+13-4 = [10]+13-4 = 19 (hit?)
1D6+1+4 = [1]+1+4 = 6 damage


37/47 hp
OOC: The first bolt misses but the second one hits.

JustinCase said:
OOC: Is Tuck on fire?
OOC: No, there isn't any ongoing fire damage for Darkfire. At the most, he might be smoldering a bit, but he's not on fire.
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top