• COMING SOON! -- The Awfully Cheerful Engine on Kickstarter! An action comedy RPG inspired by cheerful tabletop games of the 80s! With a foreword by Sandy 'Ghostbusters' Petersen, and VTT support!
log in or register to remove this ad

 

Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
As Castan'on is coming to bear against Akos, Tim scores a lucky strike with his huge greatsword! And an equally lucky follow-up with Rizvan!
OOC: I had asked if I had a flanking bonus, but it's a moot point now; I rolled a 20, lol.


The greatsword lands at the base of Mercenary Leader's neck, chopping into it like that first, big bite into a juicy apple, making a similar sound, as flesh is cut, and bones are crushed, and blood spurts forth!

Castan'on whirls around in surprise to face Tim, somehow still standing, despite the severity of the blow! Tim grins at him as he smashes him in the face with Rizvan. Castan'on is too dazed, and cannot move quickly enough to avoid the blow. He takes the full brunt of Rizvan in the face! He suffers a broken jaw and a cracked skull in the process, dropping him to the ground like a sack of grain, submerging his world into the black void of unconciousness. The wound on his neck continues to ooze blood; he is bleeding out, dying slowly from the two grave wounds dealt him by the Half-Ogre Knight that he so foolishly underestimated.

OOC: 27+21 = 48 pts. damage total from both blows.
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Akos smiles grimly as the arrows bounce off. Sure, he's hurt some from the impacts, but nothing serious. And now, the show begins. Too bad he couldn't be here earlier. "So much blood! But that is expected with guards and knights, right?! That's what they do."

He charges straight into thick of things.
"Coming on your right, Sir Tim."
Moving past the giant and bound Mani, Akos passes through the melee and faces the priest.
"You should have listened to your commander."

Then he suddenly blinks and appears right in front of the priest counting on his fingers
"You commander is down. Guards are coming. My magic and my companions swords are ready. Drop your weapons and surrender. You followed wrong lunatic. Face trial...or face my fey friends who will be delighted with whole group of capable warriors to torture."
An evil grin appears on his face.
"Making a priest doubt his faith. Making warriors attack each other or fight figments and their own fears...what fun! Why, Fey Court will thank me for such an opportunity!"

Move: 30' straight up (risking OA from Mani)
Swift: Teleport 10' (anklet of translocation) two squares "under" the priest
Standard: Never outnumbered Initimidate to demoralize: 1D20+22 = [13]+22 = 35 - intimidate everything within 10' - and due Imperious command they COWER (The character is frozen in fear and can take no actions. A cowering character takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class and loses her Dexterity bonus (if any).)
Afterwards they are shaken for a round + 1 round for each 5 above needed value (and I rolled 35 :devilish:)
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Breva decides to leave Mani to Tim's justice and instead focuses his attacks against the one mercenary standing next to him. He slams out with his greatsword. The first strike hits the mercenary's shoulder for a deep wound but the foe manages to use his shield to block Breva's second strike.

Akos smiles grimly as the arrows bounce off. Sure, he's hurt some from the impacts, but nothing serious. And now, the show begins. Too bad he couldn't be here earlier. "So much blood! But that is expected with guards and knights, right?! That's what they do."

He charges straight into thick of things.
"Coming on your right, Sir Tim."
Moving past the giant and bound Mani, Akos passes through the melee and faces the priest.
Mani doesn't move to attack Akos. He simply giggles.

Neurotic said:
"You should have listened to your commander."

Then he suddenly blinks and appears right in front of the priest counting on his fingers
"You commander is down. Guards are coming. My magic and my companions swords are ready. Drop your weapons and surrender. You followed wrong lunatic. Face trial...or face my fey friends who will be delighted with whole group of capable warriors to torture."
An evil grin appears on his face.
"Making a priest doubt his faith. Making warriors attack each other or fight figments and their own fears...what fun! Why, Fey Court will thank me for such an opportunity!"
The evil cleric looks like he's going to laugh, then his face goes blank. He shudders and a look of terror fills his eyes. His arms go limp. The archer to Akos' left begins to shake uncontrollably and nearly drops his bow. The other archer trains his eyes on Akos with twisted malice. "You are going to pay for that!"

The two mercenaries behind him also become locked in fear. The one that is also held by Vinccenzo's magic is deathly silent but the other mercenary is making sounds as if he is weeping.

Then, Mani laughs manically at the scene and shouts, "Do it again!"

The mercenary hit by Breva's greatsword decides to flee rather than die or be caught. He disengages from the fight and runs away from the melee as fast as he can.

The two guards with halberds move forward and yell "halt" to no one in particular. Once they get close enough to the heroes and see the fake Elite uniforms being worn by the mercenaries, they train their halberds on the two that have been affected by Akos demoralizing intimidation. "You will surrender," one of them says.

Mariana, enraged by Mani's actions, moves past Breva and then attacks the doppelganger without mercy. "You bastard!" But Mani easily dodges her strike.

OOC: Mariana - Longsword Attack (with Bless): 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11; 1D8+3 = [3]+3 = 6 (miss)

The archer, that shrugged off Akos attempt to demoralize him, fires two arrows at the loremaster from point blank range. His first arrow impacts the loremaster in the gut but it doesn't bypass Akos' fey heritage. The second shot deflects of the cobblestones and splits in half. The archer yells a stream of curses at the loremaster. He looks like he's going to throw his bow at Akos.

OOC: Rising Swords Archer with Point Blank Shot vs. Akos: 1D20+11 = [15]+11 = 26; 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14; 1D8+1+1D6 = [1]+1+[3] = 5; 1D8+1+1D6 = [7]+1+[3] = 11 (hit and miss) | AHHH! Two 1s on the damage roll! Akos' luck is uncanny!

The guard that Akos and Tuck know as roland moves up quickly to backup the loremaster. He is soon standing ten feet from the archer who just shot at Akos. "Drop your bow and surrender! You are outnumbered!"

"Never!! Death first!"

Mani hisses at Mariana and then grins at her. "You will pay for that... another time." He glances at the dour look on Tim's face and he slowly sits down on the cobblestone street. He keeps an eye on the half-ogre knight.

"You coward! Stand up and face me!" Mariana screams at him.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Protect Akos," Tuck orders Mutt, but the dog is already on its way to the loremaster.

The kobold, making sure he is not on fire from the magical attack he took only seconds ago, likewise moves forward and shoots two bolts at the archer that refuses to acknowledge his now precarious situation.

"Death, then," Tuck yells, a shrill shriek compared to Akos' seductive words, but containing an inevitable conclusion to the archer's choice.

OOC: Not sure if Mutt, moving through the squares of allies, can also make an attack on the not-demoralized archer. If so, here's the attack roll:
Mutt bite: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8 (miss); 1D6+4 = [5]+4 = 9

Tuck shoots at the same archer with Manyshot:
1D20+13-4 = [9]+13-4 = 18 (hit?); 1D6+1+4 = [2]+1+4 = 7 damage
1D20+13-4 = [10]+13-4 = 19 (hit?); 1D6+1+4 = [1]+1+4 = 6 damage


37/47 hp
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"There is nothing you can do, archer, strong-willed as you are. But are you brave or just stupid? Just surrender, you cannot do anything that will change the outcome."
Akos approaches the man looking into his eyes, words laced with magic.

Move: step up to the archer
Standard: cast command (yes, I know I provoke, but he has no melee weapon :) )
Will DC 16 to resist

I suggest either drop prone (grovel), drop the weapon (drop) or no action (halt) if he doesn't resist - spell description allows for other words that can be given as single word commands, but doesn't define the effects :(
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
1-Square adjustment to upper diagonal left (Northwest) does not provoke AoO, and provides Tim with a +2 Flanking Bonus.
Many is sitting, which is a +4 bonus to hit. (Total bonus: +6)
Greatsword attack vs. Mani while flanking with Mariana (+2 Flanking Bonus): 1D20+13 = [6]+13 = 19 Whoops, forgot +4 bonus: 19+4 = Tim hits AC 23 with the Greatsword.

Rizvan vs. Mani while flanking with Mariana, and Mani sitting (Prone) total +6 bonus: 1D20+16 = [7]+16 = 23 Tim hits AC 23 with Rizvan as well.

Tim is pulling his punches against Mani, choosing to inflict NON-LETHAL damage.

Damage With Greatsword:
Tim is applying Non-Lethal damage, using the flat of the blade, vs. Mani.: 2D6+8 = [3, 5]+8 = 16

Damage With Rizvan:
Rizvan Damage vs. Mani (Non-Lethal Damage): 1D8+7 = [6]+7 = 13

16+13 = 29 pts.

Tim takes a step to his left, to cut off any escape route that Mani might be planning. He then brings his considerable might to bear upon the creature, albeit in the interests of his capture; Tim is intent upon seeing this foul creature HANG for his crimes, or even worse, if mages are involved, magical imprisonment, which, according to things Tim has heard, is far more brutal, because of the victim's state of awareness, combined with paralysis and sensory deprivation. Tim pulls his punches, intending to render Mani unconscious.

Both blows, the flat of Tim's blade, and the center of Tim's shield, come from above, landing on the top center portion of Mani's skull; were it a full-force blow, chances are Mani's skull would burst like a ripe melon. But as it stands, Mani is having "two lumps" with his evening tea.

Mani yelps in surprise with the first blow, but falls silent with the second; as Tim intended, Mani is taking a brief nap, courtesy of a good, old-fashioned wallop.

Tim says, "Lights out, cur. You'll soon face justice at the end of a rope... or worse. Until then, have a nice nap."
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Protect Akos," Tuck orders Mutt, but the dog is already on its way to the loremaster.
Mutt quickly maneuvers past the two Regulars with halberds and rushes to Akos side. He snaps at the archer but the man shifts away from the big dog's teeth.

JustinCase said:
The kobold, making sure he is not on fire from the magical attack he took only seconds ago, likewise moves forward and shoots two bolts at the archer that refuses to acknowledge his now precarious situation.

"Death, then," Tuck yells, a shrill shriek compared to Akos' seductive words, but containing an inevitable conclusion to the archer's choice.

OOC: Not sure if Mutt, moving through the squares of allies, can also make an attack on the not-demoralized archer. If so, here's the attack roll:
Mutt bite: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8 (miss); 1D6+4 = [5]+4 = 9

Tuck shoots at the same archer with Manyshot:
1D20+13-4 = [9]+13-4 = 18 (hit?); 1D6+1+4 = [2]+1+4 = 7 damage
1D20+13-4 = [10]+13-4 = 19 (hit?); 1D6+1+4 = [1]+1+4 = 6 damage


37/47 hp
The bolts hit the archer who was distracted by Mutt's teeth. One hits him in the chest and the other slices through the man's forearm.

1-Square adjustment to upper diagonal left (Northwest) does not provoke AoO, and provides Tim with a +2 Flanking Bonus.
Many is sitting, which is a +4 bonus to hit. (Total bonus: +6)
Greatsword attack vs. Mani while flanking with Mariana (+2 Flanking Bonus): 1D20+13 = [6]+13 = 19 Whoops, forgot +4 bonus: 19+4 = Tim hits AC 23 with the Greatsword.

Rizvan vs. Mani while flanking with Mariana, and Mani sitting (Prone) total +6 bonus: 1D20+16 = [7]+16 = 23 Tim hits AC 23 with Rizvan as well.

Tim is pulling his punches against Mani, choosing to inflict NON-LETHAL damage.

Damage With Greatsword:
Tim is applying Non-Lethal damage, using the flat of the blade, vs. Mani.: 2D6+8 = [3, 5]+8 = 16

Damage With Rizvan:
Rizvan Damage vs. Mani (Non-Lethal Damage): 1D8+7 = [6]+7 = 13

16+13 = 29 pts.

Tim takes a step to his left, to cut off any escape route that Mani might be planning. He then brings his considerable might to bear upon the creature, albeit in the interests of his capture; Tim is intent upon seeing this foul creature HANG for his crimes, or even worse, if mages are involved, magical imprisonment, which, according to things Tim has heard, is far more brutal, because of the victim's state of awareness, combined with paralysis and sensory deprivation. Tim pulls his punches, intending to render Mani unconscious.

Both blows, the flat of Tim's blade, and the center of Tim's shield, come from above, landing on the top center portion of Mani's skull; were it a full-force blow, chances are Mani's skull would burst like a ripe melon. But as it stands, Mani is having "two lumps" with his evening tea.

Mani yelps in surprise with the first blow, but falls silent with the second; as Tim intended, Mani is taking a brief nap, courtesy of a good, old-fashioned wallop.

Tim says, "Lights out, cur. You'll soon face justice at the end of a rope... or worse. Until then, have a nice nap."
The doppelganger doesn't move and is almost comically gangly laying on the cobblestone street, if he wasn't such an evil creature.

"Well, that's the end of him," Mariana says angrily. She doesn't seem to be aware that Tim didn't kill the shapechanger. She looks like she's ready to drive her sword into Mani's gut.

The halfling guard captain moves up to near Tuck and looks at the halfling. "Those aren't Elites, are they?" She looks at the uniforms the mercenaries are wearing and shakes her head. "Those uniforms aren't right."

OOC: End of Round Four
 


Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
”Rising Swords,” Tuck confirms, not trying to hide his contempt.
"Those damn mercenaries," Herleva replies. "Here in Old City! Running rampant!" She shakes here head. "I knew that they had infiltrated other parts of Bluffside, but for them to have the gall to show their faces in Old City... the Undercity, I could understand."

Vinccenzo does a quick assessment of the situation and decides to check on Odhran. The man's scream left little hope but perhaps he wasn't truly dead. The Sectarian Guard bends down and turns the guard over. The man's face is frozen in pain and blood is coming out of his ears, nose, and mouth. There is little doubt.

"Damn it," he curses. "There is nothing we can do for him."

"There will be time to mourn him later," Breva says. The paladin moves forward to cover the other archer still under the sway of Akos' intimidation. He watches the Loemaster's back to make sure the villains don't try to flank the loremaster. "You will surrender or perish," the paladin says to the archer. He takes a second to call upon the will of the Purifier to heal himself. He keeps his sword trained on the archer. He notes the man... no, woman has a blade on her hip.

OOC: Breva moves 20 feet. I can't see him attacking a foe that is frozen in fear, so I'll have him use lay on hands to heal himself. I believe his Charisma is still done by two, so Breva gains back 8 hit points. That means he's now only down 12 hps from his full health.

"There is nothing you can do, archer, strong-willed as you are. But are you brave or just stupid? Just surrender, you cannot do anything that will change the outcome."
Akos approaches the man looking into his eyes, words laced with magic.

Move: step up to the archer
Standard: cast command (yes, I know I provoke, but he has no melee weapon :) )
Will DC 16 to resist

I suggest either drop prone (grovel), drop the weapon (drop) or no action (halt) if he doesn't resist - spell description allows for other words that can be given as single word commands, but doesn't define the effects :(
"Be careful Akos," Breva warns. "This one has a sword and so might he."

The archer senses Akos' attempt to invade his mind with magic but he easily shrugs off the loremaster's spell. "You should not have within reach of my blade!"

OOC: Rising Swords Archer - Will Save: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22

The mercenary standing near the Regular named Roland snaps of the blinding fear and notes the Regulars with halberds standing in front of him. "Damn," he gulps. He steps back from the polearm wielding guards and lashes out at Roland with his longsword. He comes close to skewering the Regular, but his hands shake as he continues to fight. He manages to slice Roland's arm with his second blow but it isn't a deadly blow.

"Roland," Herleva notes with concern.

"I'm fine."

The other mercenary already fleeing takes off towards the Gate of Scales, now running with speed.

"Let him go," Herleva orders. "Capture the others!"

The evil cleric comes out of his stupor and looks at Akos with both disdain and fear. He notes Breva's position and decides not to engage the paladin. He steps away from Akos and then back towards the archer, ends his darkfire spell, and readies his spiked club from his belt. "If you run, I'll kill you myself," he says in a low voice to the male archer. "Keep fighting!" He orders the other mercenaries in a loud voice. "The Rising Swords do not surrender!"

The two halberd-wielding Regulars move and strike out in unison at the mercenary who backed up and attacked Roland. One of them scores a hit but it is only a glancing blow. The second strike scrapes the cobblestones.



Mariana's eyes are wide with fury and she moves to slit the doppelganger's throat.

"Mariana, don't!" Vinccenzo tries to order her to stop. "You can't kill an unconscious prisoner!"

She doesn't seem to hear the Sectarian Guard. Nor the order from Herleva that rings out a moment later.

OOC: @Tellerian Hawke, it's at this point that Tim can try to stop her with his full-round action, as she is trying to perform a coup de grace. Mariana's initiative will move to 9 even if Tim is successful.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: @Knightfall Not sure if this is too much for speech as a free action, so feel free do split it with the next round. If the priest thinks on casting on Akos, don't forget SR 16 :D
Also, this is a rumor and disinformation - Akos is harmed by cold iron, not silver...but who will know? :D
For the next round, step back and blast. Enough with soft approach.


Looking in surprise at the resistant Rising sword Akos nods in all seriousnes.
"You really are something. You should ignore that bumbling fool behind you and join The Five in trying to control this menace. A man of your obvious talent dying just for some motto? Right! And your pigstickers cannot harm one touched by the Court of the Moon..." Akos motions to his own silver weapon. "This is the only thing that works, and I carry it to remind myself of the danger of complacency. It would be softer touch for you, weaker than iron. But if you survive, ask around what substance harms Children of the Moon the most."
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tim steps in front of Mani, blocking Mariana from proceeding by putting both his body and Rizvan in the path of her weapon. He looks at her sternly:

Tim warns, "If you want to murder this creature, you'll have to come through me. Know that I wish him dead as well, but The Five want him alive for questioning. When they're done with him, I am certain he will hang for his crimes. But until then, he must remain alive, and I intend to see to it that he does."
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Tim steps in front of Mani, blocking Mariana from proceeding by putting both his body and Rizvan in the path of her weapon. He looks at her sternly:

Tim warns, "If you want to murder this creature, you'll have to come through me. Know that I wish him dead as well, but The Five want him alive for questioning. When they're done with him, I am certain he will hang for his crimes. But until then, he must remain alive, and I intend to see to it that he does."
Tim is surprised by Mariana's rage. She tries in vain to get to the doppelganger to the point of recklessness. She tries to kick the half-ogre knight in the knee in order distract him, as she tries to take Mani's head off. The strike is awkward and Tim easily blocks it with Rizvan. The strike wasn't even close.

"Get out of my way!" She yells. "That monster must die!"

"That is not your decision to make," Vinccenzo replies. "Not yours, not Tim's, not mine... none of us."

"Regular, you are risking your career," Herleva says to Mariana. "If you kill a helpless prisoner, the least you will face is ostracization from Bluffside. Concentrate on the Rising Swords. They are the threat!"

The female archer steps back from Breva, drops her bow, and draws her blade. She seems uncertain, but she doesn't run. The evil cleric's presence nearby keeps her in the fight.

Looking in surprise at the resistant Rising sword Akos nods in all seriousnes.
"You really are something. You should ignore that bumbling fool behind you and join The Five in trying to control this menace. A man of your obvious talent dying just for some motto? Right! And your pigstickers cannot harm one touched by the Court of the Moon..." Akos motions to his own silver weapon. "This is the only thing that works, and I carry it to remind myself of the danger of complacency. It would be softer touch for you, weaker than iron. But if you survive, ask around what substance harms Children of the Moon the most."
The archer grins at Akos, but there is only menace in his eyes. He drops his bow, shifts away from the snapping teeth of Mutt, and draws his blade. "You think The five would forgive a man that was once an Elite, hmm? A man forced from his home for a crime he didn't commit by a system that cares nothing for the truth! They took my honour, and my betrayer took my wife! No one believed me then, why would they now!"

He shouts out a challenge of anger as he tries to cut Akos' head off. The loremaster manages to avoid losing his head, but the man still cuts a deep wound into Akos' shoulder. The iron blade makes his skin blister.

OOC: RS Archer (male) - Attack vs. Akos: 1D20+10-2 = [15]+10-2 = 23 (hit); RS Archer (male) - Damage vs. Akos: 1D8+3+1D6 = [8]+3+[3] = 14 | Akos takes 6 points of damage

Roland leaves the mercenary to the other two guards, and, initially, steps towards the fleeing man. Then he shakes his head and moves to engage the evil cleric, hoping he can keep the man distracted, so the loremaster has to worry about one foe. He slashes out at the cleric with his short sword, but the cleric easily deflects the strike away with his club.

Vinccenzo immediately senses that the mercenary that succumbed to his spell, has managed to break free of the enchantment. "Tim, he's free from spell!"

 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Mutt instinctively shifts to keep the mercenary, being challenged by the two guards, from being able to back up to his allies. He plants himself behind the man and tries to bit his ass off. The man manages to put the dog off with his shield, however.

Tuck considers firing at the fleeing mercenary. The idea of one of them getting away makes his blood boil. But when he sees the archer back up from Breva and draw a blade, the kobold ranger knows that's his best shot. He takes aim and fires three bolts as fast as his hands can move. All three streak through the air and find the target.

The mercenary caries out in pain but doesn't go down, but two bolts are now lodged in her chest and one in her thigh. The sound of her voice surprises Tuck for a moment. The Rising Swords rarely recruit woman. At least, that's what he's heard in the past. Could their membership be expanding?
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
D490C18F-5061-4FE2-A424-AC3E4C0C26C6.jpeg

Tim moves 1 square diagonally upper right (Northeast) = 5 ft.
Tim moves 2 squares straight up (North) = 10 ft.
Total movement: 15 ft.
Tim ends his movement in the position marked with the yellow circle.
From the position, he is within 10 ft. of either mercenary.
(Blue markers indicate distance.)
(First diagonal move is always 5 ft. So no matter how you measure it, he is 10 ft. away from Merc #4.)
There is no question that Merc #1 is 10 ft. away.
Since Tim's reach is 10 ft., he can strike either one.
Tim moved more than 5 ft., so he only gets one attack.
Tim attacks Merc #1
Tim attacks the wounded archer who backed away from Breva.: 1D20+11 = [12]+11 = 23
If 23 hits, then the Greatsword deals:
Greatsword Damage vs. Archer: 2D6+8 = [4, 4]+8 = 16

Tim takes a few steps, placing himself into a more strategic position, and swings his family's heirloom Greatsword down HARD on her shoulder. The archer winces as the sword rends the shoulder piece of her studded leather, pierces it, and draws blood!

OOC: Archer takes 16 pts. of damage. Not sure if that will drop her. I will let the DM describe the effects of the attack further.
 
Last edited:


Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Tim takes a few steps, placing himself into a more strategic position, and swings his family's heirloom Greatsword down HARD on her shoulder. The archer winces as the sword dents her shoulder plate, pierces it, and draws blood!

OOC: Archer takes 16 pts. of damage. Not sure if that will drop her. I will let the DM describe the effects of the attack further.
The archer's studded leather is rent apart at the shoulder and so is most of her shoulder as well. She howls in pain and clutches at the wound with her free hand. She looks ready to collapse but stays on her feet. "I'd rather die here than at the end of a noose!"

Herleva takes aim with her light crossbow at the mercenary standing next to Mariana and fires a bolt that flies over the man's head and the rest of the combatants, by a long margin. "Mariana!" She looks at Vinccenzo and he nods. "Mariana, snap out of it! This fight isn't over yet!"

 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Cantrips
Detect Magic, Light, Message*, Silent Portal, Ray of Frost

Level One
Cutting Hand*, Critical Strike, Ice Dagger, Nightshield, Magic Missile
Bonus [item familiar]: Shocking Grasp

Level Two
Blur, Electric Loop, Mirror Image, Cat's Grace *

Level Three
Dolorus Blow*, Haste, Hold Person

*Transmutation specialty.

Vinccenzo stays back from the melee, but he shifts right to get a better angle on the mercenary who shrugged off his hold person spell. "Not many options left," he muses. "I hate wasting another spell on you."

He spits out harsh arcane words and snaps his fingers. A small stroke of lightning leaps from the ground and engulfs the man. The electricity loops around the man, singing him

OOC: RS Merc - Reflex Save (DC 15): 1D20+4-2 = [10]+4-2 = 12 (failed!); Electric Loop damage: 2D6 = [4, 2] = 6

"I'll leave her to you," Breva says to Tim.

He shifts back to the singed mercenary and strikes out with his greatsword. The mercenary manages to steady himself enough to block the first strike with his shield and avoid the second blow altogether.

"Mariana, help me take this bastard down," Breva encourages. "Do not let Odhran's death be in vain."

OOC: Breva - Full Attack (with Power Attack): 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17
1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10
2D6+15 = [5, 1]+15 = 21
2D6+15 = [6, 5]+15 = 26
(both attacks miss)

Hmm, something about this attack routine doesn't seem right to me. :unsure:

Doing the math for my peace of mind...
While attacking for Scotley, I used a previous roll he'd made for Breva, and I assumed it was right. Breva gets +6/+1, +4 for Strength, +1 for the magic greatsword, +1 for Weapon Focus, and +1 for bless (cast in round 1). That would be +13/+8. So, +10/+5 makes it a 3 point Power Attack.

So damage would be a base of 2d6 +6 for Strength, +3 for Power Attack, +1 for the magic greatsword. That equals 2d6+10 not 15. I wonder if I'm missing something. (Maybe he was using Smite, and I missed it, but that doesn't quite add up either [+2 to attack (*), +6 to damage].) Maybe it was a 2 point Power Attack and Scotley hadn't realized I had Breva cast bless. That would be +15 with Smite.
* Normally +4 (Charisma), but still down due to Mani's previous psionic attack when the PCs first faced the doppelganger.

If so, that means Breva's used Smite more times than he should be able to with a reduced Charisma score. That would be my bad. :rolleyes:

Now my head hurts! :LOL:
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'm sorry. Such talent, wasted."

Akos steps away and raises his hand. The gloves shine with pale blue, like the full moon after a summer rain. There is a flash and phantom leaves swirl between him and the angry man, cooling his body if not his emotions. The rime forms as the leaves coalesce on his chest, intense cold burning the flesh underneath.

"When the bark fails, there is always bite. If you were wronged and your pleas not heard, you could have your revenge without joining those harming others like yourself. You are like many others, hiding behind the personal tragedy, but only seeking power. And as many others, you will die prematurely."

Move: 5' down-left
Swift: activate gloves of eldritch admixture (1 charge, +2d6 cold damage)
Standard:
Eldritch blast; cold damage: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25; 4D6+2 = [6, 3, 2, 2]+2 = 15

HP: 36/47 - went back, Akos received 11 damage total - with two attacks fully blocked by DR and saved a total of 41 damage :D
 
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"I'm sorry. Such talent, wasted."

Akos steps away and raises his hand. The gloves shine with pale blue, like the full moon after a summer rain. There is a flash and phantom leaves swirl between him and the angry man, cooling his body if not his emotions. The rime forms as the leaves coalesce on his chest, intense cold burning the flesh underneath.

"When the bark fails, there is always bite. If you were wronged and your pleas not heard, you could have your revenge without joining those harming others like yourself. You are like many others, hiding behind the personal tragedy, but only seeking power. And as many others, you will die prematurely."

Move: 5' down-left
Swift: activate gloves of eldritch admixture (1 charge, +2d6 cold damage)
Standard:
Eldritch blast; cold damage: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25; 4D6+2 = [6, 3, 2, 2]+2 = 15
The archer reels in pain and goes from angry to shocked. He glances at his cleric ally. "You told us he was only a mindbender," he says. "Damn you, Solomon!"

"Do not blame me for you lack of instincts," he cleric spits back. "Now, kill him, or either die by my hand or his magic!"

OOC: Next post will be a long one from the Rising Swords mercenaries, after Akos, all the way to the mercenary fighting with a dagger. I'll then wait a bit to see if @JustinCase is able to post for Mutt and Tuck before posting for him.
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Or you could kill Solomon the liar, and atone for your actions. I promise I will look into the injustice done to you whatever The Five decide your fate is. Love is not something to be despoiled by injustice."
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top