Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
To the Candle Shop:
Through the open window, you can hear a woman humming happily. Just before you can open the door, a patron steps out carrying a bundle of candles in her arms. "Thanks again, Miss Nelie." She is smiling.

The young noblewoman gasps in astonishment when she sees The Exemplars standing outside the shop. "Loremaster Akos," she says. "I'm glad to see you and your friends are well." She looks around and then then seems concerned. "Oh, please tell me that nothing has happened to Sir Tymbeck?"

"He's fine," Custodio replies.

She sighs. "I'm glad. Father wants to invite him to our next party... oh! You too, of course, loremaster. If you're free." She laughs. "Have you come to buy candles from Miss Nelie? Mr. Winton is quite the genius when it comes to lovely scents."

Akos bows to the young woman
"I'll convey your greetings and wishes to Sir Tymbek, my lady."

The woman curtsies to Akos. "I must go home now, or mother will be cross." She laughs ant her own joke. "Please tell Sir Tymbeck that Lady Ricla de Rey sends warm greetings and that I hope he will be available for dinner in three nights time. I will have a messenger get in contact. Good day, loremaster."
"Go with the blessings of The Queen of Summer."

"If there's a thieves' guild here, it is really well hidden," Custodio notes. He waits for Akos to take the lead inside.
"We shall see. Note that the front desk clerk possibly knows nothing about the hidden activities."

Entering the shop, Akos stops for a moment to let his eyes adjust to the relative darkness inside. He smiles at the halfling woman and steps boldly forward
"Hello, hello, good lady. We're here for some candles, some for my religious rituals, some for something extra, but what's more for some obscure lore regarding candles. I'll take your advice on the first part. And I would like to set up a meeting with Mr. Winton to discuss candle esoterica if possible."

He pauses for effect and to give the halfling woman a chance to greet him, but he doesn't wait long and interrupts anything beyond simple welcome.
"I'd like candles that burn with a summer scent, something reminiscent of late summer, fields after harvest, freshly mowed grass, meadow in the summer or earth and forest after the summer downpour."
Again waiting just enough for the shop keeper to open her mouth.
"And for Mr Winton, I don't know if he's into such things, but everybody says he's a wizard with the candles, and I was hoping for some arcane minutiae on components of the summoning candles and ritual candles and other such exotica. Please, please tell me he's available soon, we're kind a busy with, you know, city troubles, but I just had to come as we were in the neighbourhood. And if it's not too much trouble I'd like to see the...special...offer, not the common ones presented here."

OOC: The idea is to keep her flustered if possible and fast-talk her into letting me see the hidden room.
Bluff +23, Diplomacy +25 if this comes more as a persuasion than fast talk.
Social recovery skill trick allows me to roll Bluff at +13 (-10 penalty) if the first version fails for some reason to recover.

Also, if she reacts with something along the lines "I don't have authority to let you in" - imply that she should immediately contact the owner or let Akos know where he can do so. If she seems cagey (Sense motive +9), he is ready to go with Suggestion power

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Falen:
Moving to follow Tymbeck, Falen turns the corner into the rear alley behind the candle shop. Affixing two additional belts as makeshift bandoliers, he has attached the sheathed magical daggers (the Dancing Dagger & the Venom Dagger, after having assessed how they work) retrieved from the treasure move to Oakfirst’s manor with the belts. He contemplated one of the hand crossbows as well, but settled for one of the healing potions and two small pouches as spares. All you need for your mission; little more, little else. He recalled one of Max’s admonishments when he had found himself over-encumbered in the past.

Moving around the corner, his visage changes to Nathanial Aceron…for a moment, he contemplates going inside the candle shop. He thinks better of it as he addresses Tym, “No worries Warrior, your eyes are unafflicted. None of you have seen my actual face, and none of you will see it soon. However, should anyone coming from inside recognize the noble turdnugget, it may give us options, insight, or a good chuckle. Anyone who sees me will think Aceron, the added benefit that his family might be additionally sullied by the indignity my half-monstrous impersonation.

He places his hand on the dancing dagger and the venom dagger, preparing to trick or to maim whoever comes out of the back of the building.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Moving to follow Tymbeck, Falen turns the corner into the rear alley behind the candle shop. Affixing two additional belts as makeshift bandoliers, he has attached the sheathed magical daggers (the Dancing Dagger & the Venom Dagger, after having assessed how they work) retrieved from the treasure move to Oakfirst’s manor with the belts. He contemplated one of the hand crossbows as well, but settled for one of the healing potions and two small pouches as spares. All you need for your mission; little more, little else. He recalled one of Max’s admonishments when he had found himself over-encumbered in the past.
Although he is at the rear of the building, Tim catches the faintest whisper of candle scent in the air. The fragrance reminds him of home, specifically, of the candles that his mother used to burn on the large table of the castle's library. For a moment, he misses her dearly. But the moment passes, and he returns his focus to the task at hand.
Big Tim is so nearly lost in thought that he almost doesn't notice that Falen tags along with him to the back of the building. The half-hobgoblin wizard deftly moves between the half-ogre knight and the building and uses his magical abilities to make himself appear to be Nathaniel Aceron.

"We shall see. Note that the front desk clerk possibly knows nothing about the hidden activities."
Custodio nods. "You're probably right," he replies. "I'll watch the front."

The Vanquisher cleric scans the streets for any sign of danger. There are workers and citizens going about their daily lives, although Custodio that there is some tension in the air. With the threat of Loyalists and The dusk, it isn't surprising. He notes that there is an open-air stall selling freshly baked bread and finely crafted sweets. The aroma of the bread mixed with that of the burning candles is almost sickly sweet. He takes a step away from the shop to stand at the edge of the street to watch the handful of people buying bread or casually walking the streets.

He notes the guards on duty on the inner wall and by the inner gate. Two guards are having an intense but friendly discussion and there is a halfling guard on duty who Custodio has heard of but hasn't worked alongside of personally. "Zenpher Stillcloak," he mumbles to himself. He doesn't recognize the other guards with just a glance.

He knows that Ol' Valentine is around somewhere watching the candle shop, but the man is doing a good job hiding himself in plain sight. The captain is not only incredibly honest, but also a great master of disguise. The man is an interesting contradiction of clandestine skills and upstanding morals.

Tellerian Hawke said:
Tim still has his sword sheathed, but holds Rizvan at the ready. He stands next to the tree's trunk, well within the canopy of the tree's shade, his eyes fixed on the back door, watching intently, should it suddenly open. If anyone comes out of this door, Tim intends to lay them out cold with Rizvan, concordant with Oakfirst's command to bring Kelik to him alive, in irons.
Aust Thale said:
Moving around the corner, his visage changes to Nathanial Aceron…for a moment, he contemplates going inside the candle shop. He thinks better of it as he addresses Tym, “No worries Warrior, your eyes are unafflicted. None of you have seen my actual face, and none of you will see it soon. However, should anyone coming from inside recognize the noble turdnugget, it may give us options, insight, or a good chuckle. Anyone who sees me will think Aceron, the added benefit that his family might be additionally sullied by the indignity my half-monstrous impersonation.

He places his hand on the dancing dagger and the venom dagger, preparing to trick or to maim whoever comes out of the back of the building.
The area around the back of the shop is quite serene and Tim would find it almost relaxing if this mission wasn't so important to the city. He has to force himself from leaning against the tree. The shade it provides cools him as the day gets hotter. He makes note of his surroundings. A matronly woman and her grandson are drawing water from the fountain on the candle shop's plot of land. The young boy looks at Tim wide eyed and with a grand smile.

"Look grandma!" he says while pulling on her skirt and pointing at Tim.

"Do not point, my dear," she chastises him. "It's rude."

"It's the tall man," the boy says excitedly.

"Yes, I see him. Let's not bother him and his friend," she says. The two of them linger at the well and she says a short prayer. The boy can barely contain himself.

While the boy is watch Tim and Falen, Falen is making note of everything on the street. With his back to the wall of the candle shop, he notes the small market sitting in the square. A trader haggles with a customer. A young minstrel sings a happy tune. A town crier is shouting out the latest news. A halfling man pleads for a discount with an old merchant who is seated in a wooden chair. Workers and other common folk are bustling through the street.

There is laughter, but it isn't as jovial as it should be on such a fine day. Falen can sense tension on peoples faces, and when a worker accidentially drops his crate, everyone in the street startles and looks as if they are going to start running. The man apologizes as he checks the crate over and then heaves it back up onto his shoulder. The minstrel tries to lighten the mood with a joke. No one laughs.

The Loyalists and The Dusk are spreading fear among the people.

Neurotic said:
Entering the shop, Akos stops for a moment to let his eyes adjust to the relative darkness inside. He smiles at the halfling woman and steps boldly forward
"Hello, hello, good lady. We're here for some candles, some for my religious rituals, some for something extra, but what's more for some obscure lore regarding candles. I'll take your advice on the first part. And I would like to set up a meeting with Mr. Winton to discuss candle esoterica if possible."
Vinny and Tuck follow the Loremaster inside, and they try to look around the shop casually. There is no one else in the shop besides them, Akos, and the halfling clerk.

Miss Nelie beams a grand smile at Akos and greets him warmly, "Welcome to the Crossed Candles, Loremaster Akos. Your reputation precedes you in all matters. I am more than happy to help you find what you are looking for."

Akos can tell the halfling woman's happy demeanour is quite genuine and that she loves her work. She steps onto a small footstool so that she isn't hidden behind the counter.

Neurotic said:
He pauses for effect and to give the halfling woman a chance to greet him, but he doesn't wait long and interrupts anything beyond simple welcome.
"I'd like candles that burn with a summer scent, something reminiscent of late summer, fields after harvest, freshly mowed grass, meadow in the summer or earth and forest after the summer downpour."
Again waiting just enough for the shop keeper to open her mouth.
"And for Mr Winton, I don't know if he's into such things, but everybody says he's a wizard with the candles, and I was hoping for some arcane minutiae on components of the summoning candles and ritual candles and other such exotica. Please, please tell me he's available soon, we're kind a busy with, you know, city troubles, but I just had to come as we were in the neighbourhood. And if it's not too much trouble I'd like to see the...special...offer, not the common ones presented here."
She listens to him thoughtfully and begins to write down everything Akos says. She nods thoughtfully and her eyes are bright and cheerful. she waits for Akos to finish and doesn't interrupt him.

"Oh my, what a wonderful list. We have almost everything you want and more. Our forest scents, in particular, are quite refreshing. And while we rarely deal in magical candles, I do have a few candles that could be used for rituals." She pauses and clasps her hands together. "I'm more than happy to show you everything we have in the shop and a few rare specimens in the back. They are quite heavenly and we have several intense scents meant for binding, love spells, and all sorts of exotic needs."

She bounces down off the step with her list in her hands and moves towards the door leading to the back of the shop. "I'm sure Mr. Winton won't mind me letting you see our rarer Summerdawn candles and the heady beeswax candles that we import from the southern lands." She pauses. "They are quite expensive."

Akos is surprised to find that the door to the back room isn't locked. She leads him into the room while Tuck and Vinny stay in the main room to... look around. She is either very trusting or feels that no one would try to rob her.

"I'm afraid Mr. Winton isn't here right now," Nelie tells Akos as she rummages through several crates. "He's doing a special delivery, but I can have a messenger send for him. Hmm?"

Akos finds the back room to be very well organized. There is a wash basin, a table with two chairs, a red rug, and a doorway leading to another room. The floors are wooden instead of marble and there is a red curtain that divides the two rooms. Nelie is so engrossed in her work that she doesn't notice Akos take a peek into the other room. The room is someone's sleeping quarters.

"Ah ha! I found them!" she exclaims with glee. She turns and brings them to Akos. She is unconcerned that he is standing next to the curtained doorway. "These are from Khemit! The finest ritual candles from the Twilit Continent!"

She beams with pride as she holds out a set of three fine red and yellow candles that are tied together with a sturdy string. "These are 600 gold for the set, but I assure you that you won't find better ritual candles anywhere in Old City. Now, I can't say that there won't be something better in the Wizard District, but who would want to go shopping in that stuffy part of Bluffside."

She scrunches up her face and then laughs.

Neurotic said:
OOC: The idea is to keep her flustered if possible and fast-talk her into letting me see the hidden room.
Bluff +23, Diplomacy +25 if this comes more as a persuasion than fast talk.
Social recovery skill trick allows me to roll Bluff at +13 (-10 penalty) if the first version fails for some reason to recover.

Also, if she reacts with something along the lines "I don't have authority to let you in" - imply that she should immediately contact the owner or let Akos know where he can do so. If she seems cagey (Sense motive +9), he is ready to go with Suggestion power
OOC: No bluff is needed vs. her at this point. She is quite a lovely and genuine person, which is probably why Kelik uses her as the face of the candle shop.

I'm going to roll Search checks for both Tuck and Vinny and post the results on the OOC thread... either a bit later or early tomorrow.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
While Akos distracts the shopkeeper, Tuck makes his way through the the front room of the shop while Vinny watches both doors. The kobold doesn't find any traps in the room or any obvious secret compartments or hidden doors. However, while searching behind the counter, he finds a well disguised spyhole in the floor that is located in between the shopkeeper's chair and the counter.

He almost missed it himself.

Tuck's eyes keenly note that there is an eye looking up through the spyhole and kobold urban ranger does his best nonchalant look to try to convince the hidden onlooker that he didn't see anything. He looks at Vinny over the counter and shakes his head before moving back towards his fellow Exemplar.

Once away from the spyhole, he scratches his chin as if his scales are itchy. Vinny seems to understand and both wait for Akos to be done in the back room or for an alarm to be raised.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"These candles all smell too much," Tuck makes smalltalk with Vincenco. "A candle is a tool, no need for it to smell like anything other than wax and smoke, don't you think?"

As the kobold moves about the store, acting in a way that he hopes appears oblivious to the peeping tom, he picks up a candle or two to sniff at it and wave it at his companion to prove his point before putting them back.

"What does Akos need special candles for, anyway?"

Mentally he makes tries to recall what that short glimpse at the spying eye revealed, fighting the urge to look again and giving himself away.

OOC: Rolls have already been posted in the OOC; this is just my IC reaction.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Falen (threadfiller background post):
Falen locked his door when he went to bed at Aceron manor. His accommodations were quite satisfactory. Who was he kidding; they were luxurious. Uncomfortably so. However, he took advantage of the clean sheets and not having to hide in an extra-dimensional space. He loathed dinner with the turdnugget, but he gleaned much from visiting with the other nobles. Still, retired earlier than everyone else. He didn’t care for them. Not because they wielded wealth and privilege like a cudgel. But because they appeared to be so damn ham-handed wielding it. And if the turdnugget was their future, their kin would end. Unceremoniously. He would continue to watch. Perhaps the boy could be wizened. But Falen doubted it. He used his magical hat to mimic the different Aceron faces. He could approximate several words in close to the turdnugget’s voice. “Wait! Listen! Help!” It would do. Nothing about it was magical. If anyone was paying attention, the ruse would be forfeit. Satisfied that he could cause the Aceron’s the least bit of mischief, he slept hard, and awoke very early. He studied his spellbook; he was getting better at his spells. He had been working feverishly prior to his water voyage on a spell he’d learned from the other “Unseen” working for Max, and they, in turn, had learned it from the Ticinum Rangers. Their spells were nearly all combat-driven. Nobody had ever accused them of being diplomats. Keen edged blunt instruments perhaps. But wholly unpersuasive in the field with words or kindness. Being away from his study in favor of daily spell memorizing had been the breakthrough. He could cast it now.

He prepared the two belts he acquired from the loot to hold the magical daggers. He rolled and put away the magical cloak into his haversack along with the disguise kit. It would not have fit into a regular backpack. He put the keys in a pouch and into a side pocket. And the healing potion in a pouch clipped to his regular belt.

He then helps himself to a light breakfast in the kitchen disguised as Evered Cobbe, the head butler, a regal taste tester of noble cuisine who clearly is interested more in food than talking to anybody. Falen couldn’t help himself. He just had to stir the pot a little.

Switching back to his faux-Falen visage out of sight of any audience, he meets with everyone prior to their leaving Aceron manor.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sorry for the slow responses, I am at the TLA conference in Austin, currently. But I am finding time between sessions to run errands, and today's errand was to catch up on posting. 😎

Tim does a double-take, until he realizes that Falen is using some sort of magical disguise technique. He chuckles quietly, beaming at him in admiration. Then he returns to the matter at hand, watching the door intently, while also remaining aware of his surroundings.

As the woman and child leave, Tim smiles, and tips his hat to the woman, and winks at the boy. There was no time for pleasantries, during such an important operation, but Tim saw no harm in at least giving them a polite acknowledgement.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Inside the Candle Shop:
"These candles all smell too much," Tuck makes smalltalk with Vincenco. "A candle is a tool, no need for it to smell like anything other than wax and smoke, don't you think?"

As the kobold moves about the store, acting in a way that he hopes appears oblivious to the peeping tom, he picks up a candle or two to sniff at it and wave it at his companion to prove his point before putting them back.

"What does Akos need special candles for, anyway?"
Vinny sense that Tuck is seeking distraction, so he plays along. "Well, sometimes a smell can trigger something that is more than magical. A feeling or a memory." The Sectarian shrugs. "A special candle could help with treating Sylemis' condition too."

While Vinny knows that's not the point, it is a believable half-truth. There could be a scent that might help ease the dragori's pains... or at least ease the druid-monk's mind. Something to consider for later. He looks around the shop himself, quite casually. He makes note of the different type of candles offered, as well as fancy candelabras and other candle holders that are for sale -- metal, stone, and even delicate glass candlesticks. It is obvious why the nobles of Old City love this shop. Everything he can see looks like it is extremely expensive.

JustinCase said:
Mentally he makes tries to recall what that short glimpse at the spying eye revealed, fighting the urge to look again and giving himself away.
The eye didn't look monstrous. It was probably a human. The spyhole wasn't very big, so he didn't see much skin. But the person seemed to have a typical human skin ton. So, probably not an orc, a goblin, or one of his kind. There wasn't anything animalistic about the eye.

And, if the spy noticed him, they are remaining calm. No one is rushing to attack him. Yet, he feels a bit uneasy. His scales itch and he feels like there could be danger at any moment.

In the back room, Miss Nelie continues to try to sell Akos on different scents. "We have excellent candles made from various scents including lavender, clary sage, and sweet marjoram, as well as rose and geranium. Of course, we also offer a special Bluffside-inspired sea breeze scent that is quite relaxing."

She seems to sense that Akos is thinking, so she pauses and studies his face carefully. "Of course, if you really want something truly unique, then we can have something specially made for you. We have good relations with all of Bluffside's candle makers." She muses for a moment. "For truly exotic candles, there is no one better than Mr. Ataiuhi. He's lived in Bluffside for over 20 years now and is quite an amazing chandler. He does most of his work out of New City. I can get in contact with him and see if he can take a special order for you."

"But if you really want something designed by Mr. Winton, you will probably have to wait at least three weeks. There are so many orders that still need to be completed. Sometimes... I just don't know how he does it. It like he is a man possessed... almost blessed with an unfailing endurance. He spends so much time in his workshop across the street." She sighs. "I worry that he works too hard."

Akos can sense that Nelie admires the man who calls himself Barclay Winton.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Outside the Candle Shop:
Tim does a double-take, until he realizes that Falen is using some sort of magical disguise technique. He chuckles quietly, beaming at him in admiration. Then he returns to the matter at hand, watching the door intently, while also remaining aware of his surroundings.
Tim and Falen can hear Akos and the shop clerk talking on the other side of the door. It doesn't surprise either of them that the Loremaster was able to charm his way into the back. The woman is gushing about what the shop has to offer. She sounds quite genuine in her zeal for her work.

Tellerian Hawke said:
As the woman and child leave, Tim smiles, and tips his hat to the woman, and winks at the boy. There was no time for pleasantries, during such an important operation, but Tim saw no harm in at least giving them a polite acknowledgement.
The grandmother and child head away from the shop. On the street, the man who lost the crate he was carrying continues on his way, and the street is soon back to people coming and going. There are all sorts including dwarves and few gnomes and the occasional half-orc. The minstrel continues to sing while the merchant in charge of the market shoos away an old beggar who has found his way into Old City. Normally, the guards keeps beggars out of the district, but with the threat of the Loyalists and their allies, it has become less of a concern.

The beggar moves away from the merchant. He sees Falen in his disguise and heads toward him and Tim. The man is poorly dressed but not dirty or smelly. Perhaps he is just a trader down on his luck. He walks up to Falen and speaks meekly. "Alms for a poor old miner?"

On the other side of the shop, Custodio continues to keep watch. There is good conversation among the baker and his customers. He hands out some sample slices to a young boy and his sister who run off past the guards. Workers continue to come and go through the street. The front door to the building located across the street opens and a burly man steps out. He looks like he could be soldier, but he wears the uniform of a private guard.

He stands in front of the open door for a moment before closing it behind him. The man breathes in a lungful of air and smiles. He nods to a passing worker and then spots Custodio standing outside the candle shop. He smiles and waves a greeting as he walks across the street.

"Good day," he says to Custodio. "Are you seeking candles from Miss Nelie?"

Custodio tenses. He can tell this is no worker or guard. The man tries to speak to him casually but there is menace behind his words. He keeps his eyes on the man. The man is wearing a heavy cloak that is hiding the armor and weapons he obviously has underneath it. The man's eyes shift from false friendliness to bitter hatred.

"You and you friends should not have come back to Old City," the man growls. "Now, you all will pay with your lives."

"Do not start a fight you have no chance of winning," Custodio warns. He glance towards the bakery stall and the citizens gathered in the street.

The man grins evilly. "You think we care about them!"

The warehouse door opens and a burly dwarf decked out in the colors of the Rising Swords steps out. "Stop toying with him and kill him already!"

The dwarf's voice is loud enough for all in the street to hear. The street goes silent for several moments and then the people begin to panic when they see the dwarf mercenary. They run away as fast as they can shouting in fear. "Loyalists!!!"

The guards by the gate snap to attention and draw their weapons.

"Stop where you are!" the halfling guard named Zenpher Stillcloak yells as he moves towards the mercenaries and Custodio. Two of the other guards move to back him up.

"I don't think so," the dwarf sneers as two more mercenaries, a man and a woman, step out of the warehouse onto the street. They are wearing heavy armour and carrying long wicked-looking blades and stout steel shields. "Ludovic, get out here!"

The door to the old house next to the candle shop opens and two Loyalists step out.

"Damn it!" Custodio shouts. "Guys, get out here! We've got company!"

"You are outnumbered," the dwarven mercenary mocks.

"Nay villain!" A voice shouts. An old man steps out from the side of the warehouse next to the Bakery stall. He throws off his disguise to reveal the sash of a Bluffside Elite. A female elite guard stands with him, also shrugging off her disguise.

"Captain Camburn," Custodio says. "Oakfirst told us you were around."

"No matter, you are still outnumber," the dwarf replies calmly. "More than you know."

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Inside the Candle Shop:
In the back room, Miss Nelie continues to try to sell Akos on different scents. "We have excellent candles made from various scents including lavender, clary sage, and sweet marjoram, as well as rose and geranium. Of course, we also offer a special Bluffside-inspired sea breeze scent that is quite relaxing."

She seems to sense that Akos is thinking, so she pauses and studies his face carefully. "Of course, if you really want something truly unique, then we can have something specially made for you. We have good relations with all of Bluffside's candle makers." She muses for a moment. "For truly exotic candles, there is no one better than Mr. Ataiuhi. He's lived in Bluffside for over 20 years now and is quite an amazing chandler. He does most of his work out of New City. I can get in contact with him and see if he can take a special order for you."

"But if you really want something designed by Mr. Winton, you will probably have to wait at least three weeks. There are so many orders that still need to be completed. Sometimes... I just don't know how he does it. It like he is a man possessed... almost blessed with an unfailing endurance. He spends so much time in his workshop across the street." She sighs. "I worry that he works too hard."

Akos can sense that Nelie admires the man who calls himself Barclay Winton.

Akos looks at the halfling solemn and just a little bit sad.
"Possessed..." he says dreamily "...yes, that could explain it."
He takes some liberty and sits down so he is more on the halfling level without crouching or looming over her. Lowering his voice so only she can hear him and forcing her to focus on him or approach so she can hear better..
"I'll let you on a little secret. We're here because there are serious accusations leveled at your employer by one of the old families. And since it involves a certain rogue caster, trouble in the Old City, and various outsider groups...you understand how it may be bad for him if he's in on the recent events. But possession, if he changed suddenly if his stamina looks endless and yet he looks like he forgot to care for himself...if any of this is true, it may clear his name. On the other hand, if he made a pact with...unsavory elements...those working with or for him might get in trouble too. You seem like an honest woman with real admiration for that man. Would you help us..."

At that point, even his normally very self-centered attention catches the change in tone outside.
"You'll have to excuse me, there are people that need to know proper fear."

Initiative: 1D20+2 = [5]+2 = 7

Standard: unroll his armor skin
Move: to the front room, if I count correctly he can stand where Tuck is now assuming Tuck moves

Cast in the morning: Tyche's touch

Diplomacy vs halfling: 1D20+25 = [2]+25 = 27 - if we weren't interrupted (with this roll, it is exactly as were interrupted at a critical moment :) )

Remove ads