Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Maur continues his thunderous advance. Using Angus' mass as help in changing direction, he ducks under the hooves appearing (relatively) suddenly in front of the cultist in the side hall.

"Moradin's judgement awaits!"
Maur slams the hammer down on the cultist, his feeble armor and feeble faith no match for the hammer moved by one of the faithful.

OOC: Maur is poor healer, his healing spells are all touch, so tell me if someone is about to drop

Move: Down, down, down, diagonally right-down, ending up just on the right of Angus (is possible he would actually stand over the fallen cultist, but I believe it is difficult terrain?)

Standard: Warhammer attack vs cultist in the side hall; damage: 1D20+13 = [9]+13 = 22;
1D8+7 = [2]+7 = 9

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Maur continues his thunderous advance. Using Angus' mass as help in changing direction, he ducks under the hooves appearing (relatively) suddenly in front of the cultist in the side hall.

"Moradin's judgement awaits!"
Maur slams the hammer down on the cultist, his feeble armor and feeble faith no match for the hammer moved by one of the faithful.

OOC: Maur is poor healer, his healing spells are all touch, so tell me if someone is about to drop
The man reels in pain from the blow. Maur can tell he has almost no more fight left in him. His eyes are wide.

"Hirasean!" Maur hears a voice ring out back in the corridor.

Quinn and Angus can see the farthest cultist down the southern corridor with his hand raised in a fist. He is looking to his right. He yells again, "Hirasean!"

All of the cultists begin chanting the word in unison. "Hirasean! Hirasean! Hirasean!"

The one-handed cultist on the floor, however, begins to laugh manically. He draws his dagger with his off hand and slashes out with it at Quinn. It is a feeble strike.

The other cultist standing next to him raises his mace and tries to bash in Brutus's skull. Quinn and the young half-ogre can see a renewed confidence in the man's eyes. His renewed faith seems to improve his fighting skills and his mace slams against Brutus's left shoulder. The young man yelps in pain.

"Brutus! Fall back!" Timmins orders.

In the side corridor, Maur watches as the fear fades from his foe's eyes. He begins to chant with the others.

"Hirasean! Hirasean! Hirasean!"

OOC: Cultist - Dagger attack while prone: 1D20-4 = [5]-4 = 1; 1D4 = [3] = 3 (miss)
Cultist - Attacks Brutus: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24; 1D8+1 = [3]+1 = 4 (critical threat)
Cultist - Confirm Critical: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16; 1D8+1 = [6]+1 = 7 (not a crit.)

Maur - Heal Check: 1D20+9 = [9]+9 = 18

Maur can tell (hear really) that Brutus has taken some hits and the dwarven cleric noticed that Timmins is nursing some old wounds from the previous fight, as he passed the older man in the corridor. Caerth looks like he's taken a few hits, although it didn't look too bad in Maur's eye while he was standing next to the druid.

End of Round Seven

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round Eight: The Fight Continues
Caerth listens to the chanting cultists and knows who or whatever is coming will be a challenging opponent. "No time to waste," he says. He fires a shot from his composite longbow down the corridor at the closest of the cultist crossbowmen. Unfortunately, there are too many bodies between him and his foes.

OOC: Caerth - Composite Longbow (cultist has soft cover): 1D20+10 = [3]+10 = 13
1D8+5 = [1]+5 = 6
(miss)

I forgot that the PCs and their allies, as well as the cultists should have a +4 to AC versus ranged attacks for soft cover. Hmm, that means that Quinn from last round was actually a miss since 20 doesn't hit AC 23. So, Quinn didn't take two points of damage last round. The Nat 20 vs. Brutus still counts though.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Quinn simply attacks the cultist [to his north] with cruel justice now that he has the one who tried to flank him. His gladiatorial training takes over as he deals with the present threat .. .. .. .. ..
The first attack with the magical blade cuts the cultist deep in the torso. It was close to a killing blow. Quinn is amazed that the man can get his shield raised to block Quinn's second strike. Blood drains out of the man's face and out of the deep wound.

"Justice!" The magical blade yells. "The guilty will be punished!"

Wieland seizes the opportunity to slip past Angus's flank and the corner to stand next to Maur. The young guard slashes out with his sickle at the cultist in front of the dwarf. The slash catches the man off guard and he goes down in a heap.

The foe skewered by Quinn carefully begins to cast a spell to heal himself. He puts all of his focus on making sure Quinn can't take his life as he tries to close the wound inflicted by Cruel Justice. The worst of the wound knits together so that the man's blood stops pouring out, but Quinn can tell the wound isn't completely healed.

"Must hold out, for Hirasean. For Malotoch," the man says to himself.

Brutus steadies the mace and swings it at his foe's head with full force. At the same time, he tries to slam the punching dagger into the man's side. The cultist manages to block both attacks with his shield.

Aureus finds that the statue is just a statue, so she moves to unite with her allies. She moves quickly and is soon standing next to Caerth. "What was that chanting?" She asks.

"More enemies coming," the half-orc druid replies. "Get ready."

The hutaakan rogue nods.

Timmins ponders whether or not he'd be more effective up front, but he knows too many bodies bunched together makes for an easy tage for the spellcaster. He fires two more shots with his bow, hoping for better luck. His luck fails him and so does the bow in his hands. The first shot skids in between Angus's legs. As he lines up the second shot, the bow creaks and then snaps in half as he is about to let loose the arrow.

"Damn!"

Far down at the end of the southern corridor, a tall man decked out in chainmail and wielding a wicked looking longsword comes around the corner moves directly toward Quinn. He looks at the man on his knees with one hand. "Get up, Thomke! Get out of my way, or I'll kill you myself!"

With the man comes a red-headed woman decked out in strange armor that looks like it could be banded mail, but it seems to be made from cloth. She moves with easy and intones a dirge-like oration in the Infernal tongue. The harshness of the sounds seem to bolster the cultists.

"I've got her," Meridith says as she fires at the red-headed woman. The shot doesn't even come close. "I don't got her."

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth

Angus looks at the healing cultist and shakes his head in disgust, "Aeut o'me way, peon. Maek ye room fer yer chaempeon ta coom an' vaesit w' me."

Angus SMASHES the cultist brutally in the face with his massive shield, knocking him back half a step; then he follows it up with a grave stab wound from the big lance!
OOC: Shield Bash hits AC 22, Lance hits AC 24; Damage = Shiield (12), Lance (14) = TOTAL DAMAGE = 26 pts.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Angus looks at the healing cultist and shakes his head in disgust, "Aeut o'me way, peon. Maek ye room fer yer chaempeon ta coom an' vaesit w' me."

Angus SMASHES the cultist brutally in the face with his massive shield, knocking him back half a step; then he follows it up with a grave stab wound from the big lance!
OOC: Shield Bash hits AC 22, Lance hits AC 24; Damage = Shiield (12), Lance (14) = TOTAL DAMAGE = 26 pts.
The cultist takes the shield off the back of his head, as he is more worried about Quinn than Angus. It is a mistake that costs him. Angus's lance pierces the man's back and he gasps once before falling to the floor, lifeless.

Phar considers another spell but there might be more dangerous foes deeper in the temple. He readies his bow and aims for the cultist fighting Brutus. He trusts that Quinn, Maur and the centaur can handle the one the other cultists call Hirasean. He's more worried that the young half-ogre didn't fall back when ordered to by Timmins.

As the paragon elf takes aim, the bow string snaps. Phar elvencrafted bow almost slips from his fingers, but he manages to hold on to the weapon. The arrow he was going to fire falls to the floor, however.

OOC: Phar - Elvencraft Longbow (Point Blank): 1D20+11 = [1]+11 = 12
1D8+2 = [5]+2 = 7
(critical miss)
Phar - Dexterity Check (DC 10): 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12 (success)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
A deep sonorous hum starts from the side-hall. Soon after the source is visible and all of Maurs' group feel uplifted even if the prayer is hard to follow from behind the heavy helm.
"King under The Mountain
King of Kings
From the depth of stone we call

Heed our song
Fill our hearts
In the name of Moradin Greatfather we call

Speed our hammers
Guide our axes
As from the dusty halls we call

For ahead is the test
Plentiful times are past
In the name of Moradin Greatfather we call."

Here is a video for an idea of how it sounds

The paladin walks slowly, purposefully, behind the front line.
"Tim, lad, fall back or I'll throw you back."

Standard: cast Recitation, +2 luck bonus to AC, attacks, and saving throws for 6 rounds (+3 if Moradins follower)
@Knightfall a question: the spell says "All allies" - in Pathfinder I count as my own ally for purposes of spells...is it the same here? i.e. does Maur benefit from his own spell?

Move: right behind Tim

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The cultist fighting against Brutus attacks the young half-ogre with vigor. There is a fanatic look in his eyes, as he is listens to the words of his ally speaking her oratory. Brutus blocks the strike with the mace in his hands. He watches as the prone cultist who lost his hand crawls out of the way of Hirasean, giving the stout warrior a clear path to Quinn.

He hears Maur's warning and begins to think he might be out of his depth.

OOC: Inspired Cultist - Heavy Mace: 1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16
1D8+2 = [3]+2 = 5
(miss)
Prone cultist crawls away 5 feet on his hand and knees.

END OF ROUND EIGHT

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round Nine Begins
Caerth watches as the centaur dispatches one of the cultists. He can't really see the one named Hirasean or the other cultist crawling on the floor. He does see that Brutus still hasn't retreated, so he fires two arrows at the half-ogre's opponent.

This first arrow pincushions the cultist in the chest. The arrow sinks in deep. The man is somehow able to get his shield up to block the second arrow. Caerth smiles again.

"Nice shot," Aureus says.

OOC: Caerth - Composite Longbow (cultist has soft cover): 1D20+12-4 = [16]+12-4 = 24; 1D8+5 = [7]+5 = 12
1D20+7-4 = [17]+7-4 = 20; 1D8+5 = [8]+5 = 13
(hit and miss)

Remove ads