• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Galzadar watches with anger as Screech tries to hurt his familiar. While he knows it is unlikely the owl will be able to hurt Eutharic, it might be best to give the quasit something to do. Galzadar looks up at Caerth in his dire bat form. Perhaps the Eutharic is right. This foe is to dangerous to ignore. The wizard pulls a wand from his belt, activates it with an elvish word, and taps the wand on his wrist.

Caerth watches as a soft bluish glow of magic embraces the strange elf.

The elf holds the wand up in the palm of his hand. "Eutharic, forget about the owl. Come, take this to Crisenth. I'm sure he and others will find it useful against the damn heroes."

The quasit says something angrily in Infernal.

"Well, then don't get to close to Lord Tarrak, if you don't want to get sick," Galzadar says back in Common. "Now, do as I say." The elf doesn't get angry but his tone is clear.

OOC: Galzadar uses a magic wand to cast a protective spell on himself. The Spellcraft DC to know what spell was cast from the wand is 17. His familiar will move to Galzadar on its turn, take the wand (as a free action), and then move towards Crisenth with the wand. Screech will get an AoO on the demon familiar's turn in round eight.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: In case I am not near my computer at the right time, I am posting Quinn's attack now

Quinn is not effective with ranged combat, so he leaves the work of that to Phar and Aureus. He shoulders his bow and draws the bastard sword in both hands while moving to the downed rook.

power attack -5 from attack, +10 damage
da big battle: 1D20+11 = [10]+11 = 21
da big battle: 1D10+5 = [8]+5 = 13 +10 for power attack
23 damage

Hp: 113/113*[1*]
AC: [27] +1 [haste]; +4 [deflection]; +3 [natural]; +5 [breastplate]; +2 [magic]; +2 [dex]
AC vs AOO: 31 [feat Mobility]
fort: [+13] +3 [moral]; +4 [resistance]; +3 [class]; +3 [con]; +1 [cloak]
ref: [+13] +1 [haste]; +3 [moral]; +4 [resistance]; +3 [class]; +2 [dex]; +1 [cloak]
will: [+12] +3 [moral]; +4 [resistance]; +3 [class]; +2 [wis]; +1 [cloak]
SR vs chaotic spell or caster: 25
energy resistance: fire 5 [red sash]

**con damage from cloudkill: -1 con [16->15] -1 to a few things:
[*1] HP total: 105 [-9 from cloud kill]
[*2] fort saves [+12] [-1 from cloud kill]

BAB: [+15] +9 [class]; +4 [str]; +1 [haste]; +1 [moral]
dam: +1 [conviction] +1 [bard song]

Longbow +1 att; 1d8 +5 dam
+1 composite +4; threat range: 20 [x3]

bastard sword +1 att; 1d10 -1 dam +4
mwk, alchem silver; threat range: 19-20 [x2]

Cruel Justice, Scimitar +1 att; 1d6+1 dam
(Adamantine/Intelligent/Keen); threat range: 15 - 20 [x2]

Spiked chain +1 att; 2d4+1
threat range: 20 [x2]
Quinn is shocked to see the rook hop down the slope toward him and swing its club. The attack is meaningless. Quinn's counterattack takes the rook's head clean off. It tumbles through the air and down into the crevasse.

The bird beast was either overconfident or just plain reckless.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Maur looks at the decimated forces around him. This is really getting out of hand. He didn't plan on using the spell...but the upper parts of the cave have light enough and his gem will see them through.

He advances up slope, ignoring the rook next to him and casts a spell. Heavy rain, sparkling with inner light and enchanced extra by celestial brilliance in its midst falls down instantly dousing all the light sources humans put up.

"Caerth, stop casting and kill that wizard! You're a druid, eat it!"

Celestial Brilliance: 1D6 = [2] = 2

Move: two squares up (see the map)
Standard: Holy storm 20' radius, 20' high so unfortunately not hiting the elf or the flying rook (lightning bolt sign on those hit)
NO SAVE, NO SR!!!! :) and evil outsiders get extra 2d6
Also, shooting in, out and within the area is all but impossible. Melee only :D

Ghoul: 2D6 = [5, 2] = 7
Phre: 2D6 = [1, 1] = 2
Tarrak: 2D6 = [4, 3] = 7
dead?cultist: 2D6 = [1, 5] = 6
cultist: 2D6 = [2, 1] = 3

Douses unprotected fires and has 50% chance to douse lanterns and similar protected non-magical fires.

1627023390022.png

Attachments

• 1627023254978.png
    1627023254978.png
    868.9 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Maur looks at the decimated forces around him. This is really getting out of hand. He didn't plan on using the spell...but the upper parts of the cave have light enough and his gem will see them through.

He advances up slope, ignoring the rook next to him and casts a spell. Heavy rain, sparkling with inner light and enhanced extra by celestial brilliance in its midst falls down instantly dousing all the light sources humans put up.

"Caerth, stop casting and kill that wizard! You're a druid, eat it!"
[/spoiler]
The holy storm and celestial brilliance rends the lesser ghoul and affects the female ghast, Phre, to a lesser degree. She hisses in discomfort as the rain hits her but it mainly makes her angry. Tarrak is too far away for the ordained champion to see the ghast lord's features but he does hear his voice clearly enough.

"Crisenth, please do something about that damn dwarf!"

"I will do what I must,"[/] the man replies. "But now, do you see my concern about you holding back?"

"Yes, yes, kill them all. No more toying with them."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The holy storm and celestial brilliance rends the lesser ghoul and affects the female ghast, Phre, to a lesser degree. She hisses in discomfort as the rain hits her but it mainly makes her angry. Tarrak is too far away for the ordained champion to see the ghast lord's features but he does hear his voice clearly enough.

"Crisenth, please do something about that damn dwarf!"

"I will do what I must,"[/] the man replies. "But now, do you see my concern about you holding back?"

"Yes, yes, kill them all. No more toying with them."
"Caerth!"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Wieland watched as the bleak eagle and its rider returned to the cave. Then, the rider leapt off and feather falled to the floor of the cave. Wieland decides its best for him to find some cover and hope the new foes ignore him. He moves back down the slope and ducks in behind a stalagmite. He tries to catch his breath. The ghast lord's touch ability has drained him of his will to fight. He hopes the others can beat the undead foe.

Ailward looks down at Syndra and notices her spear sitting across her body. In this fight, he'll likely need another weapon, so he bends over and grabs the spear before moving down the slope to where Maur was a moment ago, in order to try to give Henry some help. His spells are of no use against the ghast lord.

With the rook too close, Henry drops the crossbow and draws his short sword. The rook slams its club into the wilderness rogue, but Henry counters with his blade and stabs the rook deep into its side. The rook doesn't go down but it is unsteady in the air.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Sir Ghal moves forward to where Lady Pendour had been standing a moment before. He doesn't try to attack Phre but provokes her to attack him, hoping his defenses will be enough to block her weapon. The monstrous ghast manages to strike at him with the same force she tried to hit Angus with, dealing the warrior a deadly blow.

The Guardian absorbs the strike and then rises his blade high in the air. "Soldiers of Carnell, hear me! You must continue to fight! Do not despair against the evil of these foes. The North Gods are with us and is Moradin! Fight if you have the will to see glory this day! Help your fellow soldiers and leave the ghast lord to us!"

The soldiers simply react with stunned silence or disbelief.

OOC:
Phreonsheth - AoO with Smite on Sir Ghal while prone: 1D20+23-4 = [5]+23-4 = 24
1D8+15 = [6]+15 = 21
(hit)
Phreonsheth - Will save against being slowed (Shield of Law): 1D20+9 = [19]+9 = 28 (I'm assuming that's a save)

Sir Ghal makes a Rally check using the rules from Heroes of Battle. He is considered a captain, as per those rules.
Sir Ghal - Rally Check (+2 for 5 ranks of Intimidate and +4 for being a Captain): 1D20+9 = [10]+9 = 19 (unsuccessful)

A rally check can only be attempted once in a round.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The ghast howls in pain and rushes up the slope out of the range of the holy storm. It leaves its prize, Scarborax's dying form, behind. The prone dwarven fighter slashes out at the fleeing ghast with his battleaxe in hopes of taking the undead thing down. The weapon slips from the dwarf's hands and skids across the slope past the rook next to him and bumps into Sir Ghal's foot.

"Damn!" The dwarf curses as he stands up.

The ghast licks at the burns on its body.

The halfling Gala of Inanna prays to her goddess and reaches out to heal Angus.

OOC:
Ghast moves up the slope 15 feet.

Male Dwarf Militia Fighter - AoO on Ghast: 1D20+5-4 = [1]+5-4 = 2
1D8+2 = [1]+2 = 3 (critical miss)

Elle Redding - Spontaneously Casts Cure Light Wounds: 1D8+1 = [6]+1 = 7

@Tellerian Hawke, Angus gets back 7 hit point, and it is now your turn!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads