Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar concentrates hard and carefully recites the arcane phrases and moves in the precise guestures to produce the effect he seeks. With a final flourish there is a burst of golden motes centered on Tarrak. Everyone and everything in a 10' burst is covered in golden glitter.

OOC: DC19 Will save to avoid blindness. No spell resistance.
The motes explode outward to cover not only Tarrak, but also Maur, Quinn, and Caerth. The ghast lord easily shrugs off the blinding effect of the spell but he looks up in annoyance towards Phar who is silhouetted in front of the light cast by Scarborax's dancing lights spell.

OOC: So, I need will saves for Caerth, Maur, and Quinn vs. the blinding effect of the glitterdust spell. @ScottDeWar_jr made his save already.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Tarrak shouts a defiant prayer to Malotoch asking for his faith to shield him against Maur's hammer. A black mist swirls around him and then settles around him like a second skin of protective energy. The motes from the glitterdust spell continue to shine through the dark barrier.

"You will not defeat me!" Tarrak boasts once his spell is completed.

OOC: Tarrak - Casts Defensively (DC 16): 1D20+14 = [15]+14 = 29 (success)
Tarrak casts shield of faith. His AC is now 31.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aureus digs through her pack for the torches she took off the cultists, as well as her flint & steel. She manages to get both out and one of the torches lit. The light illuminates her and Sir Ghal in the darkness and he can see once more.

"My thanks, lady Aureus," he says as he begins climbing down the rope.

She nods.

The knight easily climbs down to the end of the rope and then takes a deep breath and jumps.

OOC: Sir Ghal - Climb check w/rope of climbing (DC 5): 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15 (success)

Sir Ghal double moves (40 ft.) down the rope and then jumps down. He ends his movement midjump (another 20 ft.) and must finish his jump in the next round, which is another move action (20 ft.).

Sir Ghal - DC 15 Jump check (Jumping Down): 1D20+11 = [3]+11 = 14 (failed)
Doh! I was sure he was going to make that jump check!

So, he takes 4d6 falling damage next round instead of 3d6 (if he'd succeeded).

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Att:
A 25 and 13, both misses
Quinn steadies himself midair and lashes out twice at Tarrak with his spiked chain but the weapon only hits the glittering motes still hanging in air from Phar's spell. Soon his weapon is sparkling in the darkness.

He easily shrugs off the blinding effect of the motes.

Maur managed to block most of the exploding fire from the elemental and uses his axe to shield his eyes as the glitterdust envelopes him, Caerth, Quinn, and the ghast lord. He swings his hammer twice at Tarrak. The first blow comes close but the ghast lord manages to evade it. His second hammer strike hits a small stalagmite and crushes it.

OOC:
Maur - Reflex save vs. fire damage and Will save. vs glitterdust: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18 (save)
1D20+18 = [9]+18 = 27 (save)
Maur only takes 1 point of fire damage and does not catch on fire. He easily avoids being blinded.

@Neurotic, I'm assuming you didn't find anymore bonuses to hit, right?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Henry reloads the heavy crossbow. It's time consuming.

Ailward runs up the slope to try to get to the horses as fast as he can. He knows Sir Ghal will want him to ride along with Lady Pendour through the night back to Carnell.

Thorvid moves down the slope to the fallen fighter named Annabel and bend down to pick her up from the cave floor. At the same time, Bothild carries Syndra over to Angus and drapes the dead ranger over the back of Angus's horse body.

"I will bring Miss Zephora to you as well," Bothild says to Angus. "But you take young Wieland and this fallen lady to the horses. It will take time for us to bring them to you." She looks down the slope. "And someone has to go get Gala Willowchild."

OOC: Okay, so @Tellerian Hawke, it's Angus's turn. He heals Wieland this round. You rolled another Heal check for yourself in the next round, and then you're third Heal check will be for Thorvid in the round after that. By then he'll have brought Annabel to Angus. I'm going to assume Angus holds his position unless you want him to move and pick up Zephora himself.

I'm going to add another post for the end of the round, but feel free to post an action or have Angus converse with Bothild. :)

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Scarborax keeps his focus on the dancing lights and shifts them where needed to provide more light for the fleeing militia members.

Elle moves over to Angus and taps him on the leg. "Do you think you'll have room for me too?"

Lady Pendour holds her position by the horses. Tristan doesn't even try to get her to ride for Carnell until more of the soldiers are away from the fight. He finishes loading up the dead previously gathered up by him, Angus and the others and waits for the centaur's next grisly load.

OOC: That is the last of my posts for Round 22. I will hold off on posting anything else for the next round until Neurotic and T.H. chime in with descriptive posts, if they so choose. I am going to post the next initiative round on the OOC thread, however.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Maur shakes his head at the magics bursting around him. While theatrical and impressive to look at, they did little to help against the undead monster. At the same time, the cleric protected himself well and now he is at least as hard to hit as Maur himself.

Two swings that bounce off the enemy prove the point. Still, in any fight, one who can outlast an enemy wins. And Maur is surrounded by the grace of Morndinsamman, that one will not go away soon. And even the hardiest opponent make mistakes or someone gets a lucky hit in. While Tarrak probably had more spells, Maur counted on most dangerous ones being already spent. But harming the living and potentially paralysing by the touch was always a risk with evil clerics.

He sets his defenses and awaits the inevitable attack.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Elle said:
Elle moves over to Angus and taps him on the leg. "...Do you think you'll have room for me too?"

Angus smiles, and nods: "Aeve coorse, lass. Hepp oop." If Elle is too weak or otherwise unable, Angus will help her up.

Angus remains in place while performing the heal checks. Once Lady Pendour has brought him Zephora, and Thorvid has brought him Anabelle, he will heal Thorvid, and then begin his next, grisly, "run."

Remove ads