Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth nods. Coming forward, the half-orc takes his trusted backpack off his broad shoulders and takes out a pieces of cloth. Wrapping the fabric around the sword, trying to keep his hands from touching it, Caerth finally pulls the blade from the stone that held it. After a moment of hesitation, he slides it under his belt, adjusting the angle and his posture to accomodate the length of metal.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth nods. Coming forward, the half-orc takes his trusted backpack off his broad shoulders and takes out a pieces of cloth. Wrapping the fabric around the sword, trying to keep his hands from touching it, Caerth finally pulls the blade from the stone that held it. After a moment of hesitation, he slides it under his belt, adjusting the angle and his posture to accomodate the length of metal.
As Caerth wraps the sword in the cloth, he has clear images in his mind of who he assumes is Lord Pendour.

The man fights for his life at the top of the tower that stands before you. He is overwhelmed by the rook-harpies somewhere up on the parapets. The man falls dead at the top of the tower while Cruel Justice falls over the edge, tumbling down through the air to embed where Caerth pulled the sword from the ground.

"Justice for the fallen," the sword says softly. "He fought bravely."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
In response to Phar, Caerth points in the direction of the crumbling tower and, specifically, the flagstaff where a humanoid corpse is barely visible as it swings in the wind and rain. "There is a corpse up there, and I believe it to be the swords former wielder. Let's get him down and show him the proper respects."

OOC: This is, of course, assuming my previous spot check did indeed reveal said man; it could of course be another unfortunate soul.
Examining the tower, Caerth notices several holes in the wall and very large hole near the tower's roof. The tower has seen several battles. The most striking feature, however, is a tall flagstaff that rises from the from the topmost portion of an observation post on the tower's roof. Swinging in the wind and rain from the flagstaff is a limp humanoid corpse. The wind and haze prevents Caerth from being able to make out any of the corpse's features.

OOC: Rolled a successful Spot check for Caerth.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar nods at Caerth, "Are we ready to continue?" His voice sounds a little unsure but he sets his jaw and takes up his bow.
Phar notes that Aureus is studying the tower intently. She is standing near a set of stairs leading up to a closed door.

In response to Phar, Caerth points in the direction of the crumbling tower and, specifically, the flagstaff where a humanoid corpse is barely visible as it swings in the wind and rain. "There is a corpse up there, and I believe it to be the swords former wielder. Let's get him down and show him the proper respects."
"If that is indeed the sword's former weilder, we should give the man a proper burial." Quinn replies. "The sword referred to the fallen lord as Pendour. I'm assuming it the same man of the widow. The key will likely be up there unless his killers took it.

Quinn watches as Lorien walks up next to Aureus; his eyes are fixed on the door as well. Aureus points to it and nods.

"The way in, it seems." Quinn moves up behind Lorien and the hutaakan. "Shall I kick it in?"

OOC: If [MENTION=11456]Tailspinner[/MENTION] doesn't check in soon, I be forced to take control of that PC to keep things going. I'll have her remain mute unless Phar feels the need to ask her something.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar nods at Quinn holds his bow ready.
Quinn takes Phar's nod as a sign to take the door down. "If they didn't all know we're here before, they will now." Quinn rushes the door and kicks at it with all his strength. The door doesn't budge. Quinn comes to a crashing halt on the stairs. He barely stays on the landing as he half hangs over the edge of the stairs. Once he regains his balance, he walks glumly down to the others. "Hmm, for such an old tower, the door is very solid. I should have splintered it like it was nothing.

Aureus looks at Quinn with what might be annoyance. She heads up the stairs and checks the door out. The hutaakan rogue quickly determines it isn't trapped. She knows it will be child's play for her, yet despite her best efforts, she cannot open the door. She stands back confused.

She looks at Phar and shakes her head.

OOC: Quinn >> Attempt to break down door: 1d20+4=13; Dexterity check to keep from falling: 1d20+2=10 | Aureus >> Search check: 1d20+13=17, Open lock check: 1d20+21=40

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
"Magic, maybe?" Lorien comments after his companions fail to open the door. He mutters few words in ancient elven and flicks his wrist before his eyes.

Ooc: Cast detect magic

Scotley

Hero
Phar starts to cast a spell than sees that Lorien is doing so. "If it is magically sealed I might be able to dispel it." He looks expectantly at Lorien.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Magic, maybe?" Lorien comments after his companions fail to open the door. He mutters few words in ancient elven and flicks his wrist before his eyes.

Ooc: Cast detect magic
Lorien opens his eyes to see that the door does indeed have an aura on it. It's tough to discern since Cruel Justice's aura is so strong that it nearly overwhelms the bard's ability to see it. The aura is faint and outlines the frame of the door. Several auras also emanate from items from your companions. All are muted in the strong presence of the magical sword.

OOC: [MENTION=27761]Blackrat[/MENTION], um, Lorien doesn't have any Spellcraft skill ranks. and since it's a trained skill, he won't be able to determine the school of the aura on the door.

Remove ads