Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Lorien remains in the back with the everburning torch held high. He keeps one on the bats above. A few of them flitter around but the bats remain near the cavern's ceiling.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The three remaining dire rats struggle in vain to escape the web spell. The magic holds them tight while the rest of the swarm rats retreat down the right side corridor. Soon there is only the three dire rats left. The others are either dead or have fled.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Reaching forward with his spear, Caerth attempts to hit one of the remaining dire rats while still musing over the creatures' odd behavior.

"Could be magic. Or some sort of sickness. Or perhaps..."

OOC:
Attack with spear: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Reaching forward with his spear, Caerth attempts to hit one of the remaining dire rats while still musing over the creatures' odd behavior.

Caerth's spear skewers one of the remaining rats. He pulls it off the web, as it remains impaled on his spear. It doesn't look mangy or frail. It fact, it looks plump like it's been feeding well.

Scotley

Hero
Phar rubs his chin thoughtfully and then puts his keen elven ears to use listening for the swarm to approach from some other direction. "I think it best we finish off the dire rat and get moving again. I suspect that we haven't seen the last of the swarm."

OOC: Listen is +4 if needed.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure

". . . . . perhaps. . . . .What?" asks Quinn,his eyes watching the unusually aggressive creatures.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
The half-orc shoots a quick glance towards Quinn.

"Perhaps they are driven by some dark power. A demon, possibly."

Caerth returns his gaze to the rats before adding, "Phar is right. Let's leave."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar rubs his chin thoughtfully and then puts his keen elven ears to use listening for the swarm to approach from some other direction. "I think it best we finish off the dire rat and get moving again. I suspect that we haven't seen the last of the swarm."

OOC: Listen is +4 if needed.
"Agreed," Lorien asserts. He leads the way back out of the room towards the corridor they came in through, trusting Phar's ears.

As Phar listens for any signs of rats, he notes that there are sounds coming from the other side of the cavern's wall, near the opening. And he sees what looks like gaps in the rock face above. Not huge ones, but more than big enough for rats. His ears soon hear the telltale sound of the rats crawling along the caverns walls and can see a few of them appearing on the wall above them. Phar has just enough time to warn everyone before the swarm appears again.

OOC: Phar's Listen check > 1d20+4=23 (you just beat my Move Silently roll by 1) :D

". . . . . perhaps. . . . .What?" asks Quinn,his eyes watching the unusually aggressive creatures.
The half-orc shoots a quick glance towards Quinn.

"Perhaps they are driven by some dark power. A demon, possibly."

Caerth returns his gaze to the rats before adding, "Phar is right. Let's leave."
Everyone retreats from the cavern. Soon the noise from the rat swarm is noticeable to everyone, as it crawls along the wall of the cavern and down towards the uneven floor. The groups moves out of the way just before the swarm would have climbed down all over them.

"Eww, that's disgusting," Lorien notes.

The noise from the swarm causes many of the bats to become agitated. They begin to circle at the top of the cavern and shriek, which causes the rats to surge forward towards the heroes. Soon the bats are swarming through the cavern just as the group heads back out into the corridor.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: I don't suppose there is a door or other barrier we can close?

Phar's eyes flash to the surrounding walls looking for his options even as his mind races to consider an appropriate spell.

Remove ads