• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L4W Discussion Thread III

renau1g

First Post
My issue is actually with the CB and Vista problems, not actually arising out of WOTC (ironically), but rather Microsoft acting in bad faith, so I won't be paying and not getting the whole product (especially as that to me is the biggest benefit, besides the non-existant, but soon to be released possibly, tabletop.)

[sblock=long story]
I used to work for a company selling microsoft products, when Vista came out I was given a free copy of the software with the intent that I would be more knowledgable and be able to pimp their product better. I was told it was fully supported, wasn't a beta or trial or whatever. I installed it and everything was fine... until about 6 months ago (just before the CB came out) I got a pop-up saying my version was no longer valid and that I needed to upgrade to the full retail copy to keep getting updates. I called M$, but to no avail, they told me their rep had "misunderstood" my question... Jerks! So I couldn't install that .NET framework as you need a "genuine" copy of windows. Therefore I couldn't install the CB (luckily I found out when they released the free trial of it so I didn't waste money).
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As an aside someone mentioned Minotaur on the cover of PHB3 and it being a playable class. I sure hope they add the doppelganger and a few of the other MMI monsters as there are already quite a few big,strong, bashing types (Dragonborn, goliath, orc, even earth-genasi).

Atanatotatos

First Post
Well Eberron should help us with that. Dopplegangers/changeling are sure to be there, as should Kalashtar (will they be reflavoured Devas?)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
There are lots of open-source PDF viewers. I have at least three installed here for some reason. And I don't think these PDF's have DRM or anything on them.
PDF has been open/non-proprietary since 2008 (and not really all that closed before then). Tools to generate it are another thing, though there are many non-GNU options (just not a lot of GNU options yet).

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
PDF has been open/non-proprietary since 2008 (and not really all that closed before then). Tools to generate it are another thing, though there are many non-GNU options (just not a lot of GNU options yet).
Ah guess I havn't been keeping up on that

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock=long story]
I used to work for a company selling microsoft products, when Vista came out I was given a free copy of the software with the intent that I would be more knowledgable and be able to pimp their product better. I was told it was fully supported, wasn't a beta or trial or whatever. I installed it and everything was fine... until about 6 months ago (just before the CB came out) I got a pop-up saying my version was no longer valid and that I needed to upgrade to the full retail copy to keep getting updates. I called M$, but to no avail, they told me their rep had "misunderstood" my question... Jerks! So I couldn't install that .NET framework as you need a "genuine" copy of windows. Therefore I couldn't install the CB (luckily I found out when they released the free trial of it so I didn't waste money).
[/sblock]

You should try grabbing the release canidate for win7, it's fully functional and will be till march 2010 that gives you almost another year of free OS, I know from experience the CB works on win7

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
FYI: Living Eberron is in a state of transition determining its future. I'd like folks input/thoughts as well. Please see the Future of LEB thread, especially as a conversion to 4th is one of the options there.

dimsdale

First Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it safe to say that our judges are being swamped with work due to the rapidly expanding living 4e world, whether it be approving characters, judging adventures, DMing adventures, and/or playing their own characters?

Here are the judges that I know of based on reading earlier threads:

• Covaithe
  • Atanatotatos
  • Garyh
  • renau1g
  • Lord Sessador
  • JoeNotCharles
Are there more?

If not, should more be added or at least given power to do some of the busy work, such as character approvals, to help lesson your work load? Not me of course. The only thing I can do is roleplay a dwaven fighter.
I'm sure there are others out there that are qualified and willing to help out. I can think of three or so who I adventured with in Long Arm of Hoofchew. The less work load, the quicker new characters can be approved and the quicker characters who are waiting for approval for leveling can be approved. Judging from the adventures which are currently taking place, many characters are going to level soon or have done so already.

Keep up the great work judges! I've had a blast in the 7 months that I've been playing pbp here.

Remove ads