• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L4W Discussion Thread IV

Kalidrev

First Post
Kalidrev takes the HELP WANTED sign on the wall and walks into the not-so-secret non-great-grandfather's-grandfather-prerequisite Judge Hiring room.

"I'll take the job if there's an opening :) "

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I've been ignored twice. Thats kinda personal record.
One can volunteer, but there isn't auto-acceptance. Can't speak for the L4W folk, but from my judging experience, there is a potential issue with too many judges.

of course, the more that can help w/ character judging, the better. And that is auto-acceptance, last I checked.

But, as I said, I'm not judge over here. Take that for what its worth.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Hmm... Sounds like Voda, Kalidrev and I have offered our help. Garyh, could you please tell us where we go from here? If 3 is too many to add (and I think it might be), then just roll dice. OK by me, but please respond and give the lucky one(s) access to the L4Wjudges requests, so they can get started on character approval at the very least. If not, then let us know if there really is a shortage of judges.

Cheers.

Dunamin

First Post
Hmm... Sounds like Voda, Kalidrev and I have offered our help. Garyh, could you please tell us where we go from here? If 3 is too many to add (and I think it might be), then just roll dice. OK by me, but please respond and give the lucky one(s) access to the L4Wjudges requests, so they can get started on character approval at the very least. If not, then let us know if there really is a shortage of judges.

Cheers.
Regarding where to go from here, feel free to check out the aforementioned judge recruitment thread for a bit more information:
Check out the Judges Needed thread from ancient times.

As for character reviews (which is a non-issue as I understand it), all three of you please send an email to l4w.judges@gmail.com and I can set you up immediately.

As for full judge status, I definitely think there is a need for more, and would support expanding the crew. What do the rest of the judges, think?

garyh

First Post
Given the number of games that keep popping up, which is great, I think we need more full Judges. Plus, on my end, my wife and I are expecting our second kid in a few weeks, at which point I will be on less for a bit (I'll keep following my four Judged games, but it's not a good time for me to add more).

So, personally, I think adding all three volunteers is a good idea. Don't forget, we haven't replaced Ata, so this would only put us at two more than we had a while ago.

Thanks for your interest in helping out, HM, VV, and Kalidrev!

Velmont

First Post
I don't have plenty of time, but it happen once upon a while to have a few moment to kill in front of my computer, so I'm willing to be added to the character judge list if you are willing. If I have a lot more time, I will rather DM, but for sporadic hole, looking at character sheet seems fine with me.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Dunamin,

OK. I sent the e-mail and I've ready the link. I've made a list of my strengths and improvement areas based on this outline:

Reviewing Character and Adventure Submissions: Bring it on. I can do this at the rate of about 1 or 2 a week, and I'll get to work immediately after I get approval to do so.

Voting on Proposals: I'll either research and vote on new proposals, or immediately let people know if I would like someone else to field them.

Helping to Manage the EN Wiki for the L4W Setting: Not my strong point, technically, but I can help with playability questions.

As for full judge status, I definitely think there is a need for more, and would support expanding the crew. What do the rest of the judges, think?

Sounds like a proposal to me. I'll submit it.

renau1g

First Post
Given the number of games that keep popping up, which is great, I think we need more full Judges. Plus, on my end, my wife and I are expecting our second kid in a few weeks, at which point I will be on less for a bit (I'll keep following my four Judged games, but it's not a good time for me to add more).

Congratulations Gary!

Kalidrev

First Post
Being that H.M. was willing to list her strengths, I think I'll do the same.

Reviewing Character and Adventure Submissions: Just like H.M... BRING.IT.ON. I've got a bit more time on my hands that I think H.M. may have, so I could potentially get through a bit of these on a regular basis (my only flaw here is that I haven't memorized all of what each class has, so I'll need to do a little research with each character).

Voting on Proposals: I'm always willing to give my opinions and very willing to listen to a compelling argument. I promise not to be completely biased towards my own agendas ;)

Helping to Manage the EN Wiki for the L4W Setting: I have no idea how to program/script/code a Wiki, but am very willing to learn. I know a little bit of HTML (I taught myself HTML 4.0 in highschool by looking at page sources and tinkering with the code), and am doing my basic english/math/science classes for college and will *eventually* get to my programing classes, which should help in the future. If there are any resources that I could look at and learn more about what makes the Wiki tick, I'd be very agreeable at taking a look.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads