L4W Discussion Thread V

Son of Meepo

First Post
I've looked at the playtest packets and haven't been too enthusiastic about Next. I'll give it a try once it is in it's final form, but I still really enjoy 4e.

Neil1889

First Post
I've been playing 4e more as a DM in tabletop (8 players and maybe a game with 2 brewing) and I do enjoy playing here. But yes, I did note there was a drop off of some players after the hack. Yes, stonegod is probably right about the loss of momentum.

I'm distinctly underwhelmed by what I see of 5e, but I'll probably try it as player at some point when it is released. I still play AD&D 2e in RL (my DM even uses my own house-rules from back the 80's, 90's), have played 3/3.5, but wouldn't touch that again, preferring Pathfinder or maybe even a house-ruled Cyclopedia.

4e just seems like a breath of fresh air.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
4e seems especially good for PbP as it is very strict on allowed actions and mechanical effects (from movement to (de)buffs)

4e pbp can get somewhat tricky when a lot of immediate/opportunity action powers are brought into play. I was in a paragon level game where we literally had to do every round twice. The first time was what the enemies wanted to do, then everyone in the party would post their interrupts and then the DM would have to retcon their actions because at least half of them were no longer valid.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
You could (have) solved that by insisting on PCs writing the triggers and common conditions and only re-do actions if something is really important (like keeping someone alive) otherwise, you didn't specify it didn't happen...

Or contact the PC in question with particular action and ask if he wants to interrupt (but this is more work)

treex

First Post
I'm sorry for the lack of activity from me, my laptop is all messed up right now, it can't detect or form cookies or something and I can't login to anything that needs a login. This includes most if not all sites, I can't access Gmail, my facebook, my youtube and it's put me off the internet quite a bit. I'll try to get my lappy fixed ASAP but I wanted to apologize to Dekana and Grimm for my inactivity this past few weeks.

Remove ads