D&D 4E Lack of interst in posting since 4e announcement?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Alzrius said:
I've certainly been feeling a general malaise in regards to posting. Partially this is because I just don't feel enthusiastic about speculating over 4E; not the way I did about 3E back in 1999. I guess I'm just older and more jaded now. Likewise, the flip side of the coin is that posting about 3E just doesn't feel very relevant anymore. :(

Ditto here. At first, I posted rampantly about the new edition. Once I realized that a) I don't like where it's heading, and b) the 4e forum is essentially "love 4e unequivocally or get out", I've mostly fled back to my hole (the Creature Catalogue forums). I am closely monitoring the threads regarding Paizo's decision to convert or not, and check this forum for any "old school" love.

Bagpuss

Legend
I'm the opposite, I had lost interest in D&D even though I'm playing and running a Savage Tide campaign. Mainly due the the bloat and power creep, new books would come out but the GM I play with won't allow stuff from them cause he considers many things in them broken (Reserve Feats, MIC, Spell Compendium, etc.).

So I'm looking forward to starting with a clean slate, and interested in how 4E will turn out, having seen Star Wars Saga.

No change for me personally, but it seems to me anecdotally that I saw regular numbers of users hovering over 2000 at any given time up until Gen Con. Post Gen Con, it seems like that's down by about 300. Could be wrong, don't have access to the site stats. :)

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I'm posting less. . . because I got a new job at a USPS Help Desk, though, not because my interest in d20/D&D 3.5 has waned.

Chimera

First Post
Alzrius said:
I've certainly been feeling a general malaise in regards to posting. Partially this is because I just don't feel enthusiastic about speculating over 4E; not the way I did about 3E back in 1999. I guess I'm just older and more jaded now. Likewise, the flip side of the coin is that posting about 3E just doesn't feel very relevant anymore. :(

Pretty much exactly what I had come into the thread to post.

This is the first time I've even looked at ENWorld in probably more than a week, and the first post to the general forum in several months. I used to look at the board several times a day, even if I didn't post very much.

I like 3e (3.5) quite a lot, it totally renewed my interest in D&D when it came out. I play in one game (which is all my schedule allows at the moment), but somehow 4e completely took the wind out of my sails in regards to overall enthusiasm. All I can say is that I'm taking a "wait and see" approach, waiting until 4e actually comes out to worry about what it contains rather than wasting my time pouring over speculative threads.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
I have noticed; sadly there are less 3.5 topics nowadays, and so I post my opinion or advice less, sure. When I get a chance I look over at the 4e forums to see if there's anything of interest, but someone there threw something at me when I mentioned 3.5 and it hit me in the EYE.

-DM Jeff

Ry

Explorer
Per what Jeff just said, I have found there's fewer "What do I do in three hours when I have to run my game" which had become my posting bread and butter with TRAPs. Or "How do you do a low magic 3.5 game?" which was my bread and butter with E6.

I'm missing 3.5 already. :(

Remove ads