• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter X

Majin

First Post
Lord Randall Morn nods in kind for each member accepting his request for help. At Laurent's question he perks up. "I know of two such raids, so far... My soldiers have reported the deaths of fifteen to twenty farmers in the affected area, west of Dagger Hills. The odd thing is, very little loot was carried away, and no captives were taken... the drow seemed bent simply on mindless slaughter, which strikes me as unusually savage and pointless for drow. The signs indicate that perhaps a dozen drow were responsible for the damage."

kirinke

First Post
hippocrachus [COLOR=Sienna said:
"You have had many dealings with drow legions, Teleri?"[/COLOR] Calenthang asked the priestess, bemused. Laurent's question was wisely asked and she didn't need to belittle him. That was his job.

"More than I have cared to in the past two years friend Calenthang." Teleri said wearily, her eyes haunted with the memories of dealing with the aftermath of drow attacks, not to mention leading the defenses against them.

"Forgive my remarks Laurete. Mention of drow do not bring out the best in any elf, especially the mention of drow raiders."

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Good Gods. You are telling me Drow live UNDERGROUND??? ARRRGHHHH!!!", Laurent stares at the ground beneath his feet in apparent panic and leaps onto his chair, "THEY COULD BE HERE RIGHT NOW!!! ARRGHH!! ARRGHHHH!".

He is suddenly silent and clambers back down onto the floor, speaking softly and slowly"I am fond of my life milady. We will be dealing with a species that prides itself in deception, misdirection and treachery." . He slowly wipes the dust off of the upholstery, "The first trail we come to will almost certainly be false and if we are lucky, will merely lead us on a wild goose chase, if we are not so lucky only into hideously demented traps, if we are very unlucky we will find the drow themselves and the first we will know of it is when half of us drop to poisoned bolts fired from ambush".

"You are too beautiful to die choking your life out with a bolt in your throat and it would be a shame to see such purity offered up in the unspeakable sacrifices of the spider queen whilst I myself am not really suited to a life of debased servitude in perpetual darkness," he finishes cleaning Lord Morn's good furniture and sits back down again, "That's why I am not overly keen on following an obvious trail into the first dank hole we find."

kirinke

First Post
Teleri smirked at his antics, knowing he was getting back at her a little bit. "It wouldn't be the first time I've been a drow target." and the humor faded. "And they have regretted setting me in their sights."

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang snorted at Laurent's display, actually enjoying himself.
A few run-ins and she thinks she's an expert scholar. Calenthang rolled his eyes at the priestess.
"You haven't seen anything," he replied firmly to the room in general.

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
I don't trust that pointy eared boy. StormArmour told the girl. Better keep on your tippy toes with this group lass. Seems to me, time hasn't been kind to most of them.

Teleri rubbed her eyes and snorted. "Most likely not. Our dark enemies seem to have some new atrocity they want to try out on us each time they stage a raid. It's usually surprising. And most of the time incredibly nasty."

She looked back at Morn as he described the unusual brutality of the drow attacks. "It is strange indeed. They generally tend to take at least a few captives back, for slavery or... Other uses."

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Sielwoodan looked at the group. It always be an amzing feat that the group hold together for so much time. The ranger had some affinity with the Calenthang, and had trusted Ayden times ago, before he dissapear. Ayden had played much into maintaining the group together. But it didn't needed much to feel the Finer's priest had changed. He lived an experience that he could only phantom.

He wondered how the group will stay together for this new mission. Time will tell it. The archer stayed silent and waited.

Mimic

First Post
A fortnight ago

"Master, a rider is coming," the thought springs into the gnome's mind as he sits in his well worn chair. "The usual?" He replies as one hand rests on a book that he has become quite familiar with and the other hand quickly making notes in a secondary book. Most of the time he was left alone, although magic was common it was still feared in the outskirts but it wasn't unusual for local farmers to come and ask for a boon, for a fee of course.

"No master, this rider is different. I have made contact and he says he comes to deliver a message from Daggerdale."

"Retrive the message and send him on his way..." "Already done master, he was from those that harp." "Really, most interesting."

A few minutes later, note in hand Broddy carefully rereads the message. "Well this should be interesting, not a lot of time to prepare but at the least should lead to to some interesting experiments." He says to no one in particular

"Is it always about experiments and knowledge master?"

"Always."

A few minutes ago

"Do we have to do it this way master?" Broddy chuckled slightly to himself before answering the question. "Yes, we will don't have time to get there through conventional travel."

"Fine, if we must." Broddy chuckles as he pull the scroll from his belt and starts to read aloud.

Now

A shimmering portal appears off to the side of the room as a small winged creature flys into the room flapping quickly to gain altitude it settles on an overbeam, hissing slightly at the people below.

"Please, forgive Razorbeak. He dislikes trans-dimensional travel." Says the gnome as he steps through a moment later. "As well please forgive my tardiness Lord Morn, I had some experiments that I had to finish before I was able to get away. The message that was delivered to me mentioned something about Drow?" Broddy states as he glances around taking in his surroundings.

Last edited:

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang saw the portal flash into existence and dove from his chair, expecting any number of crossbow bolts or offensive magics trailing behind him. The little winged creature that poked through first was not what he expected.
When Broddy stepped through and made his apologies, Calenthang rose from his crouched position and narrowed his eyes.
Satisfied the gnome wasn't going to attack, the dark hunter sheathed his sword and took a new seat, as far from Broddy and Ayden as he could get.
"Friend Broddy."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads