• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter X

Wilphe

Adventurer
Laurent quietly replaces his spell components back in the pouch, "Well met indeed friend Broddy but I'd appreciate leaving the theatrical entrances to me. You were ne'er cut off in your prime."

kirinke

First Post
As the portal shimmered into existance, Teleri stepped forward, a prayer of Divine Power dancing unsaid on her tongue, ready to imbue the nearest warrior with Sehanine's grace. Which happened to be Calenthang. As the familar form of Broddy appeared through the portal, Teleri relaxed somewhat.

"Broddy, it's been too long," she said with a small smile at her first traveling companion. "And who is that," she asked, nodding towards the flying creature. "Or rather, what is that?"

Mimic

First Post
hippocrachus said:
"Friend Broddy."

"Calenthang," Broddy replies flatly to the moody elven warrior, it was clear that he still blamed him for what happened and nothing he was going to say would change that opinion but if they were going to adventure together they should at least try and get along.

"I am not surprised to see you here, considering who we are after."

Wilphe said:
"Well met indeed friend Broddy but I'd appreciate leaving the theatrical entrances to me. You were ne'er cut off in your prime."

Broddy nods as the bard speaks a half a smile forms on his lips, it would seem somethings never change.

"You are welcome to them friend Laurent, a pressing need not to be too late made this entrance the only option."

kirinke said:
"Broddy, it's been too long," she said with a small smile at her first traveling companion. "And who is that," she asked, nodding towards the flying creature. "Or rather, what is that?"

Broddy smiles in return, a smile that touchs his eyes. "That is Razorbeak, my familiar. A psedodragon, I acquired him about a year ago." As he says this the tiny dragon releases its hold on the overbeam and floats down and lands on Teleri's shoulder, gently wrapping its tail around her arm for support, it looks her up and down and coos softly.

"Becareful, its quite the flirt around women."

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang couldn't tell if the little wizard was carrying the much-despised tome, but he fooled himself into believing he could feel it, radiating Evil. Powerful enough to corrupt the once goodly gnome.
Calenthang didn't have anything to say to Broddy's observation, instead the elven hunter stared at him with deadpan contempt. Things would go easier for the mage if he would just leave off carrying that book... Or burn it.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Mimic said:
"Becareful, its quite the flirt around women."

"I should have killed it while I had the chance then.", says Laurent drily, "However a little competition won't go amiss. To best a dragon in a battle of seduction would be a fine feather in my cap."

kirinke

First Post
Teleri grinned at the bard. "It is a true pity then that both my mother and father warned me about bards." she petted the little dragon and gently transfered it back to Broddy. "They're good for a song or two, but never for a dance."

kirinke

First Post
"Oh, my parents warned me about alot of things. Including actors." Teleri quipped back. "Always learning things by rote and precious little imagination." she said with a smirk.

He's clever, but I traveled with Broddy for a long time. And you don't travel with a gnome without learning how to respond quickly to pranks and jokes. she thought with an inward grin.

"I know we killed more than a few drow back when they raided a few nights ago. I was too busy dealing with our own wounded to take more than cursory glance at the dead drow. Did they have any identifying marks on them? Amulets, holy symbols, that sort of thing?" she asked Morn, trying to drag the topic back to the real issue at hand.

She looked at Calenthang. "You're our resident expert on those bastards. Maybe they're part of some cult, or something." she smirked inwardly. "I'm afraid I can only make guesses based on what I've been taught and what I've experienced in the past couple of years."

Last edited:

hippocrachus

First Post
"If these raiders journey from the Underdark and answer to the divine directly, they answer to Lolth, curse the name. I can't think of any cults that would bother with human lands, friend Teleri."

Remove ads