• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lamentation of Lolth - Chapter X

kirinke

First Post
"Not all dwarven magic lies in belts of dwarven kind," she said calmly with a small smile. "And not all is as it seems," she said. "Save the light for those that truly can use it, for myself I will have no need of it where we are going."

Teleri nodded grimly. "Aye, that is a good thought as well friend Lauret. I was thinking mainly of zombies, but skeletons are a problem as well." her expression soured. "Not to mention oozes and the like."

hippocrachus

First Post
Calenthang blinked after Teleri and Laurent shared their means of seeing in the dark. After spending so much time in the Underdark, his eyes had adjusted somewhat to the eternal darkness. Explaining that to his companions probably would've taken too much time.
"For my part, I have fought with a sword my whole life, but I am not against weilding the weapons of priests..." Every weapon followed the same basic principle: attack with the pointy end.

Ayden

First Post
As the others began speaking of needing light, Ayden realized that while he had been granted one spell that could momentarily banish all darkness, he had not considered the others would might be lacking for light sources.

~While I can prepare them something, it will not be until tomorrow...~

"Finder has given me the ability to enspell objects with a continual light. I do not have those prayers ready, but after we begin our examination of the Crypts, I can call upon him for them with the next dawn."

Glancing down at the hammer by his side, Ayden looks back towards the gathering.

"Although Master Sielwoodan gave this to me, any of you are more than welcome to use it. It has been many years since my hands carried a weapon, and I am not sure they will remember as quickly as you may need."

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"A light weapon for backup is always a good thing. Gauntlet could do teh same too." suggests Sielwoodan to Calenthang.

"Keep it" tells the ranger when Ayden speaks about the warhammer "You'll need to defend yourself. What do you need for your more potent continual ligth spell?" asks Sielwoodan to the Finder's priest.

Ayden

First Post
Velmont said:
"Keep it" tells the ranger when Ayden speaks about the warhammer "You'll need to defend yourself. What do you need for your more potent continual light spell?" asks Sielwoodan to Finder's priest.

While Ayden knew the archer was right, he still hoped someone might offer to take the weapon from him.

~It deserves better hands than mine...~

While he had never called upon Finder for the spell, it was one of the stronger boons that Finder opened his awareness to, Ayden knew that it would require a stronger material than a simple stick or rock that the other boon could use.

"The spells gathers a small portion of the Plane of Light, so I would not try to contain it in a regular means. A small gem, or similar strength glass globe, would be sufficient, but once the spell is cast, the light will be linked to your thoughts alone to control the intensity of the light."

Velmont

First Post
"We will leaves in 15 minutes." tells Sielwoodan "We meet here. Equip yourself if you lack something." He then leaves the group and head toward the jeweller's shop to buy some of those gem needed by Ayden for enchantment.

As he walks, his mind return to a few years ago. The group was the same, yet it wasn't. Teleri seems to have grown up as fast as a human, will she be as childish. Broddy seems to have been affected by the event that have caused the dissapearnce of many companion, and only Ayden have come back... Ayden, who seems somehow more darker and more doubtful about himself. Calenthang hatred for the drow have grown and will blind him during that mission. And for Laurent, he never really trusted him and Sielwoodan still wonder why he has sticked to this group.

After having led men, guarding the border of his nation for two years, it has changed his perception of leadership. He remember how the group was about to fall apart with Ayden gone... it has fallen apart, but Ayden will not be able to take his place again, not before he settle his trouble with himself.

The ranger start to wonder if it was to him to take the leadership of this group... he doesn't have the charisma of Ayden or Laurent, nor the knowledge of Broddy, but... Sielwoodan pushed aside this idea, thinking that time will tell if the group need a leader and who will take that role.

He entered the shop and found what he wanted, he took three larges globes that si used for decoration, in crystal, but that will satisfy the needs of the Finder. He put two of them in his bag, but decide to keep teh third at hsi belt. he found a net like pouch to carry it, that will allow the light to pass through and will free the archer hand to use his bow.

Wilphe

Adventurer
"The Dordrien Crypts are not the sinister sort. No one really knows what is in there, who Dordrien was or why else they might be called that. Local rumour does say there is a entrance to the Underdark there, but other things we may find in there include everything from a secret Zhent base to Elminster's Sock Drawer."

"What we do know is that if there is anything in there it doesn't come out terrorising the countryside, feeding on the blood of maidens or the brains of locals. As such the local population are content to leave it alone and let the odd party of adventurers take a look inside without harassment, most are seen again, neither conspicously better or worse off for their experience."

"If there are indeed undead there, and there is no real evidence for that apart from the name, and the drow are using it as a base then they will either be in league with the undead (which suggests that at least some are not mindless), will have exterminated them (which is good) or will have their own route through avoiding them. In this case any racket we make fighting them will be the drow's alarm."

"The short version is that no one has any idea at all what we will find in there. So let's keep our senses sharp and our wits about us and not go in with any preconceptions about what we might find."

He nods to Calenthang, "Except that if it is a drow the overwhelming probability is that it's not got our best interests in mind," he adds with mild understatment.

kirinke

First Post
Teleri snorted. "That's an understatement. Neither the undead nor the drow have anyone's well being in mind but theirs and that's if they have a spoonful of intelligence in their brains."

Wilphe

Adventurer
"Well I didn't have a lot to go on for any truly penetrating analysis, so I had fall back on deductions obvious to those with a spoonful. I hope you've been practicing your turning in any event."

kirinke

First Post
"More so than you might think. The tune the gods' sing is far stronger than you can ever know my bardic friend." Teleri grinned again and this time, there was no sadness in it. "And the backbeat can be a killer,"

Remove ads