• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LANAI] The Rod of Seven Parts: Into the Crucible

Brain

First Post
Arden will stay out in the entrance room, and watch the other archways, covering them with her crossbow.

(ready attack for any enemy looking things with weapons drawn from another area)

pallandrome

First Post
OOC: just so everyone knows, CB has posted on the ooc thread that she will be out of town for a few days, for family stuff. Further explainations can be found there.

[sblock=OOC]Thanks, pallandrome. I actually just took a couple of days to organize travel plans for myself and the baby, and to arrange for someone to stay with my three other children and housesit while I'm away in May. My husband will be deployed during the time I need to travel back to the States for the memorial service and airfare for five was prohibitive, necessitating help with the children. Anyway, in addition to the two days I just took, I'll be gone from May 11th to the 22nd. Maybe a day or two extra as downtime to get over the jetlag. Thanks again.[/sblock]

With a look of fierce determination, Rowan brandishes his club and moves up to stand beside the stone brazier. Throwing the club, Rowan puts some english on the weapon, causing it to spin with vehemence through the air. The meaty end of the club thwacks the prone KT3 directly on the head for a goodly 3 points of damage.

Phud crosses the short space between himself and KT3 with one long stride. Swinging his heavy mace in a downward arc, Phud misses landing a blow on the kuo-toa guardian's mid-section and instead hits the kuo-toa's very pretty silvery heavy steel shield lying on the ground beside the creature. The shield, though nicely wrought, proves to be a match for Phud's mace. Something sticky covers the shield, causing Phud's weapon to be held fast.

With everyone else focusing on the kuo-toa room, Arden keeps her eyes on the main chamber, the zig-zag doors, the foyer leading to the main chamber, and the portcullis opposite her position. So far, nothing can be seen. Despite the sounds of battle with the kuo-toas, however, Arden's keen gnomish ears prick to the sound of splashing coming from down the light hallway behind the portcullis.

[sblock=Arden]Maybe four pairs of feet splashing on wet floor? Give or take.[/sblock]

The last kuo-toa on the floor struggles to keep Yssal at bay with one hand, while its other hand grasps at a dagger in a sheath at its waist. Yssal, however, proves the stronger and keeps his quarry pinned to the floor.

Wyleck moves up 10 feet and continues to concentrate on his casting of summon nature's ally. In the heated, wavering air in front of Phud, a wolf forms by magic, its grey eyes glowing with a hunted look of hunger. Guided by Wyleck, the wolf turns to the prone kuo-toa pinned by Yssal and lunges at the amphibian's neck. The wolf's jaws clack and with one mighty rip, the wolf rips out the entirety of the kuo-toa's neck in a spray of blood and quivering flesh. The wolf's bite deals 15 points of damage. Yssal, surprised to see such a preternatural predator stalking the room, lets go of his grasp on the kuo-toa's shin and growls at the wolf. The room is soon filled with the sounds of growling hatred as the two canine archenemies face off on either side of Phud. Yssal's hackles are raised, giving the barded dog a fury of a countenance.

For his part, Rhys silently backs away from the wolf and out of the room, but not without flitting a concerned look at Phud.

The two other kuo-toas nearer the stone brazier snuffle on the floor in their magically-induced sleep.

Initiative:
Rowan 20
Phud 20
Arden 15
Kuo-toas 13
Wyleck 7
Rhys 3

Attachments

• Temple2_6.JPG
    Temple2_6.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 79

Brain

First Post
Arden stays ready in case of hostile creatures with wet feet, but remains aware of her party's wishes to give things a chance to parlay. She says in a loud whisper so hopefully only her friends can hear, "someone is coming from the portcullis"

G

Guest 11456

Phud : Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 1 / Barbarian 1

Upset that his mace is held fast by the shield, Phud bends down to try and pull the mace from the shield.

OOC: Opposed grapple check? +6

Rhun

First Post
Rowan quickly moves to recover his club and his dagger, and ponders slitting the throats of the two sleeping Kuo-Toans.

pallandrome

First Post
"Rhun, if you could deal with one of those and truss up the other, I have some questions about this place I'd like to see if he could answer. Yssal, come here!"

then, attempting to utilize his supernatural control over the summoned beast, Wyleck commands to towards the approaching reinforcements...

His club and dagger secured, Rowan looks down at the two sleeping kuo-toas. Both of them stir occasionally but otherwise make no move to wake.

Phud grasps the haft of his heavy mace and tugs. The thing seems to be held fast to the kuo-toa's shield, but Phud digs in. Planting one foot on the kuo-toa's arm and the other firmly on the damp flagstone floor, Phud adjusts his grip on his heavy mace and gives a hearty pull. The mace gives a groan, letting Phud know that with more or fiercer pulling it would probably be freed in time, but for now it remains stuck fast as glue.

Arden continues to scout and listen, and hears the footsteps growing closer. A snarl in the from behind the portcullis somewhere out of her line of sight is a clear signal that whatever it is likely won't be friendly.

Wyleck calls for Rowan to deal with one of the sleeping kuo-toas and perhaps truss up the other. Barking a command to the wolf and calling for Yssal, who only backs down from the wolf once the summoned creature exits the room, Wyleck focuses his concentration on maintaining the wolf directly in front of the portcullis back in the main chamber.

Seeing the wolf pad past, Rhys's eyes go wide. The cleric moves backward into the kuo-toa room, where he whispers to Phud. "Blood is thick, thicker than water. How much have you lost and shall I whisper to the aeons for healing for you?"

Initiative:
Rowan 20
Phud 20
Arden 15
KT1, KT2 13
Wyleck 7
Reinforcements 6
Rhys 3

G

Guest 11456

Phud : Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 1 / Barbarian 1

Phud nods at Rhys' question. "Phud hurt bad!"