Lance Henriksen and Peter Weller: EnWorld Decides

Peter Weller? Lance Henriksen?

• 1. Peter Weller is the poor man's Lance Henriksen.

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • 2. Lance Henriksen is the poor man's Peter Weller.

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Poll closed .

payn

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Yep. I think Lance is a better actor, but Peter has his PHD in Renaissance art history. So as you say, apples and oranges. I like them both. My favorite Weller role was actually in Longmire.
Weller did nail that retired old curmudgeon sheriff who just doesn't give AF.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Weller for the win.

Between Buckaroo Banzai and Robocop (easily the best quest-for-humanity in sf trope realization outside of Roy Batty) Weller seals it. Lance is great, don't get me wrong, and he gave us Bishop. But nothing that carries a whole film.

Ryujin

Legend
This is why Lance will always top out Weller. He was brilliant in that show. Never throught stoicism could be so emotive, and effective.
It's pretty much his schtick. If you want to see someone else who does it well watch another movie that I mentioned recently, "Soldier." Watch when Todd gets a hug and you'll see someone show that he's scared out of his skin, while maintaining a stoic expression.

Bedrockgames

I post in the voice of Christopher Walken
I was on the fence until you brought up Near Dark. It's one of the best and sadly underrated vampire movies from the 1980s. It was just overshadowed by The Lost Boys.

It's a far better vampire film than the Lost Boys though.

He was also in Pumpkinhead

For me, Weller is just slightly more compelling (and he did Robocop). But that might just come down to bone structure; I don't know

Also I think it is a hard comparison because Lance Henriksen feels like more of a character actor and Weller more of a lead (I haven't broken down their roles in an excel spreadsheet so maybe I am not 100% right about that, but it feels like the case)

Bedrockgames

I post in the voice of Christopher Walken
Also while we are celebrating actors, definitely would like to tip my hat to the work of Brad Dourif (who I didn't realize was in so many of my favorite movies until I went back and watched them all)

payn

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Also while we are celebrating actors, definitely would like to tip my hat to the work of Brad Dourif (who I didn't realize was in so many of my favorite movies until I went back and watched them all)
We are not celebrating actors, we are pitting them against one another!

Remove ads