• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Last Few RPG Products you purchased?

Mercurius

Legend
A tried and true classic thread - what are the last few (let's say 3-5) RPG books or products that you purchased, and what do you think of them?

I'll start with my four most recent purchases, all within the last month and a half or so:

D&D 4E - HEROES OF SHADOW: I was actually going to cancel my Amazon pre-order when I saw that it was too late; can't say that I mind as this book is better than I thought it would be. I kind of like the new "Player's Handbook Lite" of the Player's Options books - actually, if they were to do 4E all over again I might recommend a single Player's Handbook and maybe two new Player's Options books a year, one per power source. What could have been...
Anyhow, I can't say that I'll use anything in this book as either a player or DM, but it is nice to have new 4E stuff for the first time in eight months.

PATHFINDER - THE INNER SEA WORLD GUIDE:
A lovely book, have only browsed through it; not sure how much it improves on the earlier version but so far, so good.

ECLIPSE PHASE - GATECRASHING: I will probably never play this game although I would like to. This is a fun book for browsing, with descriptions of all sorts of scifi worlds.

PATHFINDER - LOST CITIES OF GOLARION:
This is the sort of setting supplement that I love - ruined cities, ancient legends, etc.

JeffB

Legend
Over the weekend I hit up an old classic game store here in the Northeast while on a weekend trip.

Came home with

Gamma world (1e) boxed set-complete sans dice
Legion of Gold
Top Secret boxed set-complete sans dice
Star Frontiers (original blue box) -complete sans dice
and the two other SF Volturnus modules.

all in good "playing" condition.

Less than 20 bucks for all of it (including tax) :D

EDIT- I will have to check out that Lost Cities of Golarion- I too prefer that kind of product

Crothian

First Post
PATHFINDER - THE INNER SEA WORLD GUIDE: It's a good book, lots of inforamtion. I have the primer and the 3e version so while the quality is high I do feel like I have quite a bit of it already.

Teenagers from Outer Space: One of the lesser known but fun RPGs from the late 80's I founmd for a couple of bucks at a used book store. I've bnever owned a copy but did play some way back when and it was fun.

Beastiary 2 (Pathfinder): I got the monster book and it is good with plenty of cool monsters.

Mostly these days I buy Pathfinder but not even a lot of that.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Heroes of Shadow for D&D 4e
Contribution to EN World's Kickstarter project for ZEITGEIST
Renewal of D&D Insider subscription

Before those, my last purchases were the D&D 4e Monster Vault back in December, as well as a copy of the AD&D 2e adventure The Gates of Firestorm Peak (for adaptation for my 4e game).

TheUltramark

First Post
I just got me some new dice, I got 4 sets for less than 20 bucks (tax included)
they are the first new dice I have bought in probably 20 years...I hope my old dice don't get jealous.

--Does anybody have/use the stone dice, or the metal dice???
if so how do they play? they seem to heavy and just don't have a good feel IMO

Dannager

First Post
Both Essentials Heroes books, the DM's Kit, Monster Vault, Rules Compendium, Legacy of Fire: Howl of the Carrion King, Castle Ravenloft board game, Insider re-sub, yet another set of Chessex dice.

More than 3-5, I know, but they've all been in the last couple months.

Smoss

First Post
Wow, been a while for me.

Running Wild (Shadowrun 4E) - Yay Critters fo SR4... :)

The Unknown Regions (SW Saga) - Completing my Saga edition collection.

I still want to get the Seattle sourcebook for SR4, I'll call that #3... :p
Smoss

IronWolf

blank
I currently have a Pathfinder AP subscription, so I have the first two volumes of Carrion Crown now. I like what I have seen so far. I am running Kingmaker now, when that is over I think the other DM in the group is itching to run something, so I will likely go on break, but run Carrion Crown when it is my turn again. Looks fun!

I also recently picked up Faiths of Purity for Pathfinder. I was hearing good things about that and I play my share of clerics or need to know such things for DMing. Haven't had a chance to read much more than the intro, but sounds like it will be good.

I will be picking up Inner Sea Campaign guide soon as well.

Paizo pretty much gets all of my RPG money these days....

Ahnehnois

First Post
In decreasing order of recentness (going back over a year)...

*Gary Gygax's Extraordinary Book of Names: Bought to bring in more authenticity to my naming. I've used it regularly and it makes bearable the annoying process of coming up with a name that sounds decent.

*Advanced Bestiary:
A good book in principle. I've gotten a bit of use out of it but I don't really need another monster book.

*Warriors (d20) & Experts (d20):
Wanted to characterize noncombat NPCs more specifically. Got some use out of these during my crime-solving campaign. Not necessary but decent books.

*The Psychic's Handbook:
Modified heavily but used several times to really expand the game world.

Last edited:

My last batch of purchases was kind of all over the place:

The Kerberos Club - A Victorian age setting for Wild Talents, which has a great League of Extraordinary Gentlemen kind of vibe. I've had my eye on it since GenCon this year.

Amber Diceless - I've wanted to give this one a try for a long time now, and only just realized that it was on DriveThruRPG.

Paranoia: Flashbacks Redux - I don't have much experience with Paranoia, but this collection seems to have most of the classic modules for it, so it seems like a good place to start.

Runequest: Griffin Mountain - This is actually the first Runequest product I've purchased, but it tends to pop up on a lot of "Best RPG Supplements of All Time" lists, so I figured it's worth a look.

Contenders - A DM-less indie RPG about boxers. I've been watching "Lights Out" with my fiance and thought this might be able to provide that kind of feel.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads