• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Last Few RPG Products you purchased?

Today I finally received my "Emerald Empires" for L5R 4E as well as my Traveller "Starports" and "Merchants and Cruisers".

Coincidence alert. I picked two of those up when I visited my LGS yesterday, though they didn't have Merchants and Cruisers. A few days earlier, I took advantage of the MRQ2 sale to pick up all the pdfs from DriveThru.

(And I bought some more 15mm Russian infantry, heavy weapons, AT guns, and sappers, for Flames of War.)

delericho

Legend
The last few have been Pathfinder Adventure Path modules - the end of the "Serpent's Skull" path and the start of "Carrion Crown". I thought that SS was excellent; a fine successor to "Kingmaker". Unfortunately, I've been a bit disappointed with CC - it seemed really promising, but it's just not grabbing me like that last two. I don't know why.

(The next path, though, looks amazing.)

Prior to that, I picked up the various supplements for the Serenity RPG, as my group tried it over Christmas and liked it. They were okay, though the only one I'd really recommend is "Six-shooters and Spaceships". And, to be honest, I'd probably recommend just running the game using Savage Worlds or something like that.

The next thing I'll be picking up is "Bestiary 2" for Pathfinder. Beyond that and my Adventure Path subscription, I can't see myself spending any more on RPG products this year.

Arawn76

Explorer
From the top of my head (simultaneous purchases counted as one);

The Castle & Crusades Players Guide, Castle Keepers Guide & 3 Monsters & Treasures books. Also a couple of adventures and After Winter Dark(?).

D&D essentials: All except the dice.

Houses of the Blooded by John Wick.

WHFRP 3e core box, adventurers toolkit & GM's toolkit.

Oh and a lovely little game called Albion by Tim Gray (Silver Branch Games).

Last edited:

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
I've bought Sneak Attack Press' Adventure Bundle yesterday. After we've had such a good game with Good Children Never Grow Up and the new adventure is correct in level and setting I just had to do it.

Let's see... I think the last few were:

C3 The Lost Island of Castanamir
I6 Ravenloft
Master of Ravenloft AD&D Adventure Gamebook (basically a revved-up Choose Your Own Adventure adaptation of I6)
4e Manual of the Planes

innerdude

Legend
Runequest Deluxe (the 2007 printing, don't know the edition)
The 3.0 Swords and Sorcery printing of the Ravenloft Campaign setting.
Ars Magica 2nd edition

pawsplay

Hero
Pathfinder Ultimate Magic - still shipping!

Reaper LA - 2 gnoll warriors, bugbear, 3 kobolds, 3 rats, ogre chieftain - great figures

Adventure d20, Aberrant d20, and Trinity d20 in PDF - saw them in print, decided to save some money and buy the PDFs, mainly for research purposes

Fantasy Craft Adventure Companion - Undoubtedly one of the best values I've ever purchased, three nifty and unique settings, tons of PC-centric material

BESM d20 - bought it used, turned me onto a new phase in exploring d20 mechanics and how to modify them

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
A tried and true classic thread - what are the last few (let's say 3-5) RPG books or products that you purchased, and what do you think of them?

I played in Zephrin's Dread game at the recent Boston Game Day and was immediately hooked so shortly afterward I bought the main Dread book and two adventure supplements. I haven't run it yet, but I have around a dozen ideas.

The Adventure Burner, Monster Burner and Magic Burner for Burning Wheel. These just arrived yesterday so I haven't really dived in to them, but since the core Revised Burning Wheel books are now out of print I figured I'd better snatch them up. I am bound and determined to make use of this system with my Hârn game. I just need to find the time to play, and a group that would appreciate this style of play.

I also picked up the Dungeon Master's Token Set from Gale Force Nine a month or so ago and an expansion pack with extra bloodied tokens. So far its been pretty useful.

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Teenagers from Outer Space: One of the lesser known but fun RPGs from the late 80's I founmd for a couple of bucks at a used book store. I've bnever owned a copy but did play some way back when and it was fun.

Fond memories of that game. Love a system with a stat called Bonk.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads