Last Stand of the Dorinthians- Dead Secrets

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: It is late in the evening when you decide to rest.

Barok and you camp for the night, while Ulavree agrees to take the first watch. She picks the leaves and buds from different plants as you get settled in while humming an odd but somewhat familiar nursery rhyme. You can't make out the words, but it seems like something you have heard long before in your childhood. The two men sleep all night, Ulavree never waking you although when you become conscious once more you see her sitting and staring into the flames of the fire she kept going. You doubt she slept, but she doesn't seem any worse for it.

"The two of you snore, you know. Some tea before bedtime can sometimes help that," she chastises you in a motherly way, which is somewhat disturbing considering her current youthful appearance. "So when we reach the land of the elves what will you do? Simply ask them nicely for the cure? Have you wondered why they might actually have the cure and what is their connection to the disease?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
"So much has been lost from that time. I assume knowledge of the crystal and key lost also." Silas frowns, perplexed. "I can't imagine that they could know and not do something." He looks over at Barok and finds the man staring at him and can almost sense the name Silas Generwine hanging unspoken between them. Quietly Silas says, "I'll speak with Kel first. Privately. I know him; he wouldn't countenance such an act." He turns to Ulavree. "I will get to that crystal."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Ulavree and Silas ride towards the lands of the elves, a trip that takes longer than a week. In the meantime the abjurer feels sicker while Ulavree seems unaffected by the disease as she picks more herbs.

Silas feels his breath becoming raspy as they reach the edge of the Silver Forest, a day and a half away from Saleentra.

"So tell me, child," Ulavree asks as she stirs a mixture into a morter with a pistel, "how much another week of life is worth to you? I doubt you have more than a couple of days left to survive. I have a mixture that will hold the sickness you have at bay for awhile longer. What might you have that would interest me, you think? I'll make this easy for you. We have enough food to eat, but I want you to kill something for me. There is a stag on the other side of this hill to my left. Slay it for me and I'll allow you the mixture."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas stares blankly at Ulavree. He rubs at his dry eyes tired from long days of travel and wonders what the trick is. "I don't..." Understand, he finishes in thought. Thinking it can be no worse than standing by as she killed Nefius, he nods, readies his magic, and begins to move as quietly as possible over the hill.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Silas stealthily climbs over the hill to see a magnificient white stag drinking from a loud brook. The creature is just shy of thirty feet away and doesn't seem to notice the abjurer's approach.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas gazes in awe at the white stag. Quietly he turns and makes his way down the hill and to where he left his horse tethered. He pats the beast on the neck and swings up into the saddle. Staring at Ulavree he says, "I'll make it." Without waiting he spurs his mount and takes off towards the elven city. He'll push his horse hard and ride long to reach the elves while he still has strength.

Fenris

Adventurer
GlassEye said:
Silas gazes in awe at the white stag. Quietly he turns and makes his way down the hill and to where he left his horse tethered. He pats the beast on the neck and swings up into the saddle. Staring at Ulavree he says, "I'll make it." Without waiting he spurs his mount and takes off towards the elven city. He'll push his horse hard and ride long to reach the elves while he still has strength.

OOC: Dartis will be proud, if he lives to hear it. :D

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Ulavree clucks in disappointment as Silas rides past. "I shall see you soon, son of Dorin."

Silas finds the riding to be hard as his breathing has become shallow and his now frequent coughs full of phlegm. He makes it perhaps a half a mile when he is halted by a pair of elven archers. The abjurer seems relieved as he dismounts, but he only makes it several steps before he hears a spell being cast from behind a nearby bush. The mage feels tired, then collapses as sleep takes him.

"Shall we slay this diseased human?"

"No, let's find out what he knows... "

---

It seems like forever before Silas wakes back up. He finds himself with his hands and fingers uncomfortably bound behind his back and a warm sponge touching his face. A barely recognizable figure comes into view. "Ah good, you are awake." The figure becomes more visible and the abjurer can see that a robed elf stands above him while inside a small, circular cell... Silas' cell. "Welcome to Saleentra once again. We went through a lot of trouble to find a potion that would recede a portion of the disease affecting you so I hope you will be cooperative. Now why are you here?"

XP gained
[sblock]
Three parts of the final chapter complete.
Silas' XP: 3,750 added
Barok's XP: 3,400 added
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas coughs weakly and tries to sit up. "I must speak to Kel. I must see the Speaker." He slumps back drained of strength and in a confused murmur says, "I saw the white stag. She follows behind me..."

[sblock=OOC]
Fenris, Let's hope they all live to see the end of the story.

On another note, I'll be out the next week traveling. It is highly unlikely I'll be able to get online during that time. Silas, though weak and dying, will want to talk to Kel in the hall of the Council and tell him what he has learned. And ultimately, get the key and raise the crystal to somehow use it to cure the plague. Though I don't think it's going to be that easy. I leave him in your hands, DT.

Also, DT, thanks for the solo run. I know it can be a pain when a party splits (and it gives you double the work to do) so I wanted you to know that I've enjoyed it and appreciate it.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC
[sblock]
It's only a pain when I'm not enjoying myself and I've very much enjoyed Silas' and Barok's narratives. You are a little ahead of the others, so a delay won't be a problem.
[/sblock]

Remove ads