D&D General Law News - Dungeons are similar to Dungeons & Dragons

S'mon

Legend
Says the EU General Court - General Court says that relevant public’s attention is ‘average at best’ when assessing likelihood of confusion relating to games and computer games (so that DUNGEONS is confusingly similar to DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS)

General Court says that relevant public’s attention is ‘average at best’ when assessing likelihood of confusion relating to games and computer games (so that DUNGEONS is confusingly similar to DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS)

The decision seems reasonable - they are supporting WoTC objecting to another company attempting to register 'DUNGEONS' as an EU-wide trade mark for games, which gives a very high level of protection and could prevent others selling games with 'Dungeon' in the title. I'd say WoTC is on the side of the angels here, though not necessarily for the stated reason of likelihood of confusion with Dungeons & Dragons.

I bought "Dungeons", the videogame by Kalypso studios, and also the sequel. But I didn't play too much. My time of (cheap) videogames collector ended, at least since Fortnite.

220px-Dungeons_cover.png

Now hast "Dungeon Keeper" videogame to change the name?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases