Laws of Nature

Li Shenron

Legend
Kuld said:
By this I mean eating and drinking regularly, and most importantly, relieving themselves. I for one have a hard time fitting or remembering the latter in my games. I was just wondering who else does and how they handle it. Is it important?

We have only cared about eating & sleeping so far, and not even in a completely regular way. Many times the character come back home (or whatever their current base is) to sleep, and it can just be assumed that they eat both before and after their "8 hours window" of adventurous activity. Food & water supply is taken care of only before a journey starts (but also almost all characters at creation time take a flask of water and a few dry rations, in case it's not possible to come back for a day or so).

I don't think it's particularly fun to get into micro-management details, but to keep an eye on the subject is fine. In some specific circumstances it can actually be a key feature of an adventure, like with the characters stranded on a desert or glacier and having to save their water/food resources.

Remove ads