• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Le Saddle

Zhure

First Post
Another silly question, phrased as neutrally as possible so I can give this to my gaming group if needed.

For which creatures would one use a Saddle of the Nightmare, Adventurer's Vault, page 124? Germane text as follows:

"This black, twisted leather bridle lets you take advantage of your
mount’s ability to teleport.
Item Slot: Mount
Property: When a mount teleports, the rider on the mount can remain mounted and teleport along with the mount even if the mount’s movement doesn’t normally allow it."
-Z-

Last edited:

Griogre

First Post
For me two criteria to use the saddle: 1) Creature is a Mount, ie it must have the Mount keyword on a power. 2) The creature can teleport.

Kordeth

First Post
For me two criteria to use the saddle: 1) Creature is a Mount, ie it must have the Mount keyword on a power.

The "mount" keyword just means that a creature has one or more powers that can be used when it has a rider. It isn't a prerequisite for the creature being ridable.

Nytmare

David Jose
Also note that the creature being mounted has to be larger than you and at least Large (with a capital L) to be considered a mount. No strapping it on the eladrin barbarian's back.

Remove ads