League of Darkness: To all whom hate and slay vampires

L

league_of_darkness

*As you look over the message boards, you find a post with strange warding symbols scribed at the top. The symbols ward all of the vampiric type, therefor the message is practically invisible to them. Below the symbols is written in beautiful handwriting*

Good folks of the living community,

A few good folks have come together to find and slay every vampire in exsistance. Though our goal sounds impossible, we have come across some information on secret weaknesses that very few have taken into account. The League of Darkness is looking for new slayers all the time, working either just to kill the parasites of humanity, or if you seak gold, we guarentee you will get what you are after.

May the evils fall

*At the bottom of the note is an inscription in some tongue that can not be read, but is obviously another ward of sorts*

C

cbolt_toak

*burned in a small parchment nearby lie a few statements in common tongue*

Now that's just unfair to them. I happen to know some vampires myself, and while some could learn to be of a more pleasant attitude towards others, there is no reason to look to them as some plague to eradicate. One would suggest the abolition of the dark mindset many people with the condition share, rather than the species as a whole.

-Cbolt Toak

Dragon Master

First Post
Dragon Master walks up to the notice board and frowns to himself seeing this message, shaking his head to himself with a smirk before jotting down a response on a lose bit of parchment, pinning it up on the board

"Some of the vampires walk around in the day as if it was night, I'd doubt wether they have any weakness. But even if they did, who gives you the right to kill them? They are a pest.... perhaps.... but I've learnt that not all are evil. Killing a vampire in self defence, or to stop them hurting an innocent or friend in danger? Fine. But to search and destroy all vampires, without question of intent or innocence? You tell me who is evil then. And yes, some are innocent. I do not think that all CHOSE there fate, and I've heard of some that try to resist every aspect of it. Is it fair to execute them, those who do not even want or like what they are... those who cannot help it? No. This is a mission of blood lust. This is an act as evil as some of those you are trying to kill. If you have a problem with a specific vampire, then that’s your business and should be dealt with personally. But this is persecution of a race, and evil or not, is not fair. You are doomed to fail. Why? Because even if you were to succeed (an unlikely occurrence, but anything is possible), then how long before some start hunting you? You think people will praise you for doing this? You think people will like you more for murdering? Murdering an evil tyrant vampire is a plausible feat indeed, but murdering an entire race? Some may praise you, but others won’t. It is clear who will become the pest in this case. I doubt you’ll get far either. Vampires are large in numbers, what makes you think they don’t have servants and slaves who are not vampires and can quite easily see past the wards put in place here? If the ‘good folk’ that can see this as an act of evil don’t stop you, the vampires who find out about your plans will stop you. I WOULD suggest for your own safety to take this notice down before the bounties start getting pinned up underneath it, but I guess I’d just be wasting my ink. So instead I’ll just wish you a lot of luck.”

He leaves the note unsigned and walks off

Janos Audron

Explorer
reply of the vampires

*a slight wind blows from all around as a shadow falls over the board. as fast as it came it is gone, and in its place a note written in what appears to be blood hangs, dripping but dry. its words seem to swirl but at the same time they are never-moving.

the note reads:*

"from the lord janos audron, leader of the house audron,
to those who seek to kill me,

all who attempt to attack me or those of my house will be hunted down and killed. their families and friends will also be killed as punishment for your defiance.

if you insist on coming despite my warning at least be sure to make the time worth my while.

and happy hunting otherwise. every lord you defeat, every general you kill, every house you destroy brings me one step closer to becoming greater than my creator and turning your world to myself."

L

Lion_d'Arghast

*A young man approachs, leading a young lady with him. His eyes are set on this topic. He shakes his head once, and begins to scribe his words.*

First off, I have one simple thing to say. This is the largest load to have passed my attention since I heard an Orc claiming Gruumsh to be the ultimate deity. Your league is bringing a bad name to all RESPECTABLE Slayers to visit this tavern, and even to those whom to do not.

The absolute destruction of any race. No matter what they be creates an unfathomable disruption to the delicate balance that maintains the multiverse. While I can agree, Vampires do need to be controlled. The outright destruction of them is something that no Slayer would ever call for. Vampires and Lycanthropes are the very lifeblood of our profession, to obliterate either one would end our very-way of life.

You claim yourself to be looking out for the best interests of mortals, but in reality . . . How are you viewing this as best. You are calling for the destruction of a culture. While they no longer live as we do, Leeches are no less deservent of their fair chance to survive as they must.

*His writing trails a bit, ink splatters here and there as his discusses something with his lady friend. It begins again in fresh ink.*

I wish you to think upon something closesly. You are calling for a complete culling of a populace. How does that make you any different from those you hunt? Any decent Slayer will stand in your path of destruction. We can not allow you to destroy a culture tht honestly, even the most knowledgable of Slayers knows so little about.

Further, to call any in your little league a Slayer . . . Is nothing more than an insult. You can not set yourself above a Vampire with a call for their extermination. Not only is your call an insult to Hunters, but to the Vampiric kind. And since one insult deserves kind, all I can say is that this call has not only made me feel as though my intelligence has dropped by reading it, but by making such a call, your intelligence must have dropped to a point where the lowiest of zombies should be able to outwit you.

I pray you end this path, before the members of this wrong-minded league find themselves needed ashed themselves.

*beneath his writings is a defined signature in a well practiced script. At the end of his name is a rough sketch of a single arrow.*

Lion d'Arghast, Hunter, Priest of Solonor Thelandira.

*He passes his pen to the lady with him. She smiles and signs beneath his name. Her script flowing with a rough elegance.*
Elly DeVille, Huntress

*After the final name is added, the man takes the post and draws a few short runes with a murmer. The runes shine softly to draw a little attention. The man sighs and pens and extra bit onto the end.*

For those unseeing of the original text, I give this.

*He quickly jots out the original text, minus the annoying runes.*

Good folks of the living community,

A few good folks have come together to find and slay every vampire in exsistance. Though our goal sounds impossible, we have come across some information on secret weaknesses that very few have taken into account. The League of Darkness is looking for new slayers all the time, working either just to kill the parasites of humanity, or if you seak gold, we guarentee you will get what you are after.

May the evils fall

*The man gives a satisfied nod and takes up the paper before leading his compatriot away.*

L

league_of_darkness

To those that oppose us...

*A note appears from nowhere on the board. The note is scribed in the blood of a vampire, with an unnatural edge to the letters. The note is covered in runes that ward vampires, making it invisible to their eyes*

Those of you against the League are obviously blind. We have our reasons to wipe out the vampiric race, and we plan on doing so at any costs. Our numbers are increasing, though it may not show on this cork board.

*Some strange runes are scribed in the center of this note*

We do not plan on permitting a single vampire to remain. If you stand in our way, I guarentee, we will slaughter you, be you living or dead.

*The note ends with carefully etched runes. The moment the note is read, it becomes invisible to the one whom read it.*

P

physique'ktonos

*A winged ekf approaches the board adding a small little note writting in comon*

You, as in the entire league are nothing but a bunch of foolish slayers scared of what the do not understand. It isnt as simple as it seems its pretty much impossible to cause a race as large as the vampire to extinction!. This league may hold a large numbers of members though still most likely no where near enough to do what you plan on doing. As said before on one of the other posts it will cause a great unbalance between the alignments of good and evil the same balance the very gods struggle to keep in balance.

No True slayer would ever agree to join you only cowards and pathetic FOOLS would! you must understand aswell our way of life depends on the existence of vampires iradicating them will iradicate our very way of life so all i can say is think a little about your actions and take into consideration that what you are planning on doing is wrong very very wrong. I for one, and there is many other slayers out there are disgusted by this dreadful plan you see as the greater good. Just down right disgusted you are nothing but a scared slayer, this league of yours are nothing but a bunch of fools.

All my love and hate,
Physique'ktonos, slayer and beauty queen.

*after posting her little note the winged elf turns and walks off with a pleased smile*

L

league_of_darkness

You have NO idea!

*A young, half-elven woman appears before the message board. She looks at all the negative posts against the League and sighs. In a beautiful script handwriting, she scribles out the following*

"I am Verdia Windbreaker, head of the League. None of you have ANY clue as to my reasons to this supposedly insane quest, so don't tell me what I should and shouldn't do! I have lost my son to those damned parasites, and I plan to avenge his death! I don't know which ones did it, and I really don't care! I will wipe out the entire race to make sure that my child is avenged, and to make sure no one else has to face the pain I have gone through!
Yes, I know that my actions will cause a great imbalance, but I really don't care. If they took away the light of your life, you would do the same thing! And no, the League does not truely call itself a league of hunters, only those that hate vampires. I will crush whoever may try to stop me from avenging my son, and as will his father. Damn all those that are heartless enough to oppose this noble act to the Nineth plane of Hell!

~Verdia Windbreaker~

*The woman is gone in an instant, the ground soaked with her tears.*

C

cbolt_toak

*The bird feather cloaked fellow talks over to the board, and his player rants at it for you walking off without finishing your explanation*

((Just saying it's all part of his character, and that if you don't feel like letting me play, just let me know next time, instead of running off without explaining to me the details, which I wouldn't mind hearing, and I keep my character pretty oblivious to things that I know, so just letting you know he summoned and killed the flame, cause it was giving him a stomach ache, and as far as he's concerned *scracthes something off his notes* he hasn't met you yet.))

B

Babylon

No idea our arses.

*a young elven woman steps to the boards with a growl. She snatchs a parchment and scribes a response.*

Verdia,

I really couldn’t give the foggiest flying damn what has occurred to your family. It is NOT an excuse to obliterate a people. You have been hurt emotionally, we do not care! This is our profession that you are trying to destroy. My entire family makes our living upon ashing vampires.

WE KNOW HOW IT MUST BE DONE. WE KNOW HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO ALLOW THEM THEIR RIGHT TO SURVIVE, NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE HATE THEM. ALL YOU KNOW IS HATE. YOU KNOW THE PAIN OF A HEART. YOU DO NOT KNOW THE PAIN OF BEING BITTEN. YOU DO KNOW KNOW THE PAIN OF FEELING VAMPIRES WITH-IN YOUR HEAD. IF YOU INSIST TO CONTINUE THIS THERE WILL BE NOT A DECENT HUNTER UPON THIS MULTIVERSE THAT WILL NOT STAND IN YOUR PATH.

You call us heartless for standing up for our jobs, our professions. How we make an income. You are the one who is heartless. You call for this destruction without giving the consequences your actions will bring any thought.

*Ink splatters are seen as proof of the ink renewal.*

I give you fair warning woman. If I hear rumors of your group ruining the way I make my living, the way my friends make their living. The way my family makes their living. You will not need to worry about what the vampires will do to you and the league. You will need to worry about what other Hunters and I will do to you and them.

I myself will fine personal pleasure in driving each one of you face first into the unforgiving ground of Ford Keep’s streets if I find the need. End your call now before you meet your end at the hands of a vampire or another hunter. I stand with those whom call for your end, and though I myself am a Hunter. I will stand against you, and if I find need drive my stake not into a vampire, but into your group’s very bodies.

Babylon Logos, the discourse of the first, Huntress and Priestess of Sehenine Moonbow

*She tacks her page up, nearly slamming the boards off the wall in her anger. Before walking off.*

Remove ads