Learn about D&D organized play options

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Ive run Defiance in Phlan x3 and Secrets of Sokol Keep now x2. Ive enjoyed Secrets more because its more your standard 4 hour enterprise but Defiance (particuarly part 5) was a lot of fun. Secrets has at least to me a surpisingly good number of roleplaying encounters. Its nowhere near as combat heavy as I thought it would be . It is still challenging and it might not fit for those who just want a bash session. Im running EX 1-3 tomorrow too. THats got a lot of roleplaying potential too.

In fact Im predicting the gamers out there obsessed with combat encounters will probably not enjoy as much some of the earlier Expeditions scenarios. I wont miss those gamers though.

brehobit

Explorer
Hi all,
Someone had posted a link and password to the adventurer league adventures. I've talked someone into running them, but now I can't find them. Help?

Sutekh

First Post
brehobit: THe password and website to use it, can only be obtained by the Store organiser of the store that has scheduled to run it. If that store has not scheduled to run it, after logging in the organiser would not see the expeditions scenarios to download.

Keep also in mind that Expeditions Scenarios can ONLY be run in a store. No ifs or Buts here.

If you are talking about the person who posted up the password and link a few weeks back, I messaged them about what they were doing and said it was a violation. I hope they then took it down.

Last edited:

sidonunspa

First Post
Still feel like the campaign is missing the mark..

I have two tables full of people that want to play the campaign. but ordering adventures though a store to play on a spacific night feels like, no is, a total empediment.

Half of the players don't want to commit to a super mod, and regardless due to "real life" issues who you can get for a table changes all the time.

the ease of ordering an adventure for pathfinder, gathering up, sitting down and playing it... all within a few hours notice IS what the D&D campaign is facing up against.

sucks because I want to give the new campaign a chance, but forcing us to order though a store, which in part limits what nights you can play on (try playing D&D on Magic Night or on Yu-Gi-Oh night) is totally cramping many people's play style.

you guys are just shooting yourselves in the foot... |

I truly hope 5e has an OGL, it would allow some more accessable campaigns to spring up

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
Still feel like the campaign is missing the mark..

I have two tables full of people that want to play the campaign. but ordering adventures though a store to play on a spacific night feels like, no is, a total empediment.

Half of the players don't want to commit to a super mod, and regardless due to "real life" issues who you can get for a table changes all the time.

the ease of ordering an adventure for pathfinder, gathering up, sitting down and playing it... all within a few hours notice IS what the D&D campaign is facing up against.

sucks because I want to give the new campaign a chance, but forcing us to order though a store, which in part limits what nights you can play on (try playing D&D on Magic Night or on Yu-Gi-Oh night) is totally cramping many people's play style.

you guys are just shooting yourselves in the foot... |

I truly hope 5e has an OGL, it would allow some more accessable campaigns to spring up

Any tournament organizer for the store can order and download the adventures. And most stores will not mind this as long as you play them at the store, you just need to set a date to play. It can be tomorrow or the day after etc the modules are their to download (This depends on the stores WPN level as to how soon they can schedule something in WER).

Only Encounters requires a certain day of the week for official sponsorship.

sidonunspa

First Post
Any tournament organizer for the store can order and download the adventures. And most stores will not mind this as long as you play them at the store, you just need to set a date to play. It can be tomorrow or the day after etc the modules are their to download (This depends on the stores WPN level as to how soon they can schedule something in WER).

Only Encounters requires a certain day of the week for official sponsorship.

But again that's the issue..

most stores have events, every day, and have a D&D/Pathfinder/RPG night

I know the ones down here have Magic/Yo-Gi-Oh/Warhammer 40k/and other game nights..

and attempting to play an RPG when a store is filled with 60 CCG players is NOT fun... we attempted to play the box set at the store and give up after 30 min (it was way too loud)

only night open night for RPGs is on Tuesday.... ya.. gaming on a Tuesday is right out of the question for anyone with kids.

So, we are back to the same issue... no Spontaneous/Casual 4 hour game slot support for people at home or who live far away from a gaming store.

I'm seriously at a loss,

Does the campaign not see the loss in potential players?

I know they keep saying "we are not competing for players" but they ARE... players can dedicate X hours per week to a game... your fighting for those hours...

putting your head in the sand is not going to help

Two living campaigns, one goes out of its way to be accessible to all kinds of players, the other puts up roadblocks... not hard to see which one will win in total player numbers.

Remove ads