• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LEB Discussion Thread '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvolutionKB

First Post
ukingsken said:
You know, I work in a math centric profession and am perfectly capable of doing/following everything we've talked about in relation to the treasure system we're using/discussing but....

THANK KHYBER someone else is the one to actually do it. Not because it's hard, or because it would take a real long time, but just because every time I think about it I get annoyed.

So kudos to you sir, and a table would assist people greatly.

Yes I agree. If said person did up a table, for levels 1-4 of their wealth...and then did another for DMs for expected wealth to hand out they could get a proposal for a free level n item for their character...;)

Voting:
Stuff under consideration
- Proposal delay: 2 weeks after DDI for WotC material, 1 month after publication otherwise

YES

- Gnolls: Whether claw fighter should gain "off-hand" and be treated as "off-hand, light blade" for class features as well

YES

- Reaper's Touch: Reaper's Touch should be shadar-kai only

NO

- Reward Structure
Current Proposal with my modifications, with thanks to Goumindong and Lord Sessadore
- XP rewards are double: Encounters are designed with an XP budget at normal, but the XP rewarded is doubled
- Treasure rewards use a modified parcel system. Each DM gives out x number of parcels per level, where x is the number of players in their party; they chose either a lvl n+1, n+2, n+3, n+4 item, or gold in the value of an item of lvl n per character and distributes those out to each character as rewards. In addition, each character should receive gold to a value of 1/xth n. n is the level of the character in question at the time they should receive the reward and not the level of the party. The DM may not give any player any one of the rewards listed that that player has received within the current half of a tier of play [I.E between lvls 1 and 5, 6 and 10, 11 and 15, 16 and 20, 21 and 25 and 26 and 30]. A DM may give this parcel out to the player at any point during that level that they so chooses. If a player has not received a reward that they should have by the time he levels up due to time XP, the DM should indicate what parcel the player will be getting when next treasure is distributed according that player's non-level XP. If a DM should abandon the game, it is part of the judge's duty to ensure these 'IOU' parcels are properly distributed to players. If a player abandons the game before an 'IOU' parcel is awarded, that parcel is forfeit.
- Players are rewarded 1 Reward Point (RP) per month in game
- DMs are rewarded 2 RP per month at the games conclusion, none if they abandon the game

YES

- Starting levels: 1–4

YES

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
So am I understanding this right for starting gear at lvl 4:

For lvls 1-3 we choose a parcel from the list of (n+1, n+2, n+3, n+4, nMoney) each of which can only be taken once? So we could have a lvl 7, lvl 5, lvl 3 set of items and 412g (360+520+680/5=312g + 100g)? Or am I a lvl off?

EvolutionKB

First Post
Stonegod said:
The Talenta weapons actually can be used by Small creatures, unlike the others—the Tangat can be used one handed (instead of two as normal for Small) and the Sharrash can be used two handed (instead of not at all). Yes, for Medium creatures, there are better choices. Not much for Small (though you can wield a scimitar one handed as a small creature, a Small creature still has the option of using the tangat two handed for extra damage; there are no other polearms available to Small creatures other than the sharrash).

Edit: I just noted that the Compendium does not note the "can be used by Small" abilities of the Talenta weapons. Doesn't seem to work in the CB as well. It is noted in the EPG, however.

The PHB lists under the polearm property: "...Polearms are reach weapons."

Now does this mean the Talenta Sharrash and the Zulaat(since they are of the polearm group) have reach? If so, does the Sharrash only apply this for medium wielders?

As far as double weapons go, I assume the double scimitar applies the high crit property to both sides?

Are we going to require PCs to buy ID papers and/or Traveling papers and/or Letters of Marquee? Or should we count on DMs to make sure PCs have them if they need them

On the staff being a one handed implement: I thought SG mentioned this and going to request a page number.

ryryguy

First Post

Now does this mean the Talenta Sharrash and the Zulaat(since they are of the polearm group) have reach? If so, does the Sharrash only apply this for medium wielders?

I was wondering this too. "Reach" is a separate property, but are there any other polearms that don't have it?

Without reach, the Sharrash seems dubious compared to the Talenta. The Sharrash has the higher proficiency bonus, but the Talenta is versatile so it does more damage if used two handed (as the Sharrash must be used).

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
For lvls 1-3 we choose a parcel from the list of (n+1, n+2, n+3, n+4, nMoney) each of which can only be taken once? So we could have a lvl 7, lvl 5, lvl 3 set of items and 412g (360+520+680/5=312g + 100g)? Or am I a lvl off?
That is correct.
Unclear. I have not seen a polearm w/o Reach. That probably should have it. I believe the Sharrash did in 3.5.
As far as double weapons go, I assume the double scimitar applies the high crit property to both sides?
Yes, that seems fair.
Are we going to require PCs to buy ID papers and/or Traveling papers and/or Letters of Marquee? Or should we count on DMs to make sure PCs have them if they need them
ID papers are not required (most of the lowrclass don't have them), and traveling w/o travel papers is not strictly illegal, but the latter is risky. Not having a letter of Marque will cause problems if you try to sell Xen'drik stuff. Generally, PCs should arrange the former two, the DM the latter.
On the staff being a one handed implement: I thought SG mentioned this and going to request a page number.
No one's found this out for me yet. I know its a two handed weapon, but no one has found any language stating its a two handed implement. The closest is that warforged cannot embed a staff as an implement (in the EPG), but that's just for warforged and only when embedding. Anything else read from there is possibly overgeneralizing.
I was wondering this too. "Reach" is a separate property, but are there any other polearms that don't have it?
I have not found any.

elecgraystone

First Post

All PHB and AV polearms have reach. However, reach doesn't seem to fit either weapon. One is 'small' and the other is a double weapon.

That's what I'd say.

Are we going to require PCs to buy ID papers and/or Traveling papers and/or Letters of Marquee? Or should we count on DMs to make sure PCs have them if they need them?
I'd say they fall squarely under 'mundane equipment', so PC's level 2-4 wouldn't have to buy them. Personally I'd add Arcane signet ring to that list for house members and spell shards for those with rituals/spellbooks. However, since they are pricey others may not agree. The Letters of Marquee I'd say would have to be bought or provided [possibly as part of the reward for the adventure].

And thanks Vertexx69 for the question on parcels. The chart made little sense to me. Don't operate heavy machinery drugs and lists like that don't mix well. :p

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Quick question about mounts. What sort of restictions would there be on travelling with them?
None by LEB. Now, not all lightning rail cars may have stables, but some do. Airships can board them, though likely at additional cost. Largely up to your DM.

renau1g

First Post
Excellent, I like the idea of the drow riding a lizard firing off lightning bolts(and it's always fun to have someone to carry all teh loot ;)), but then I'm pretty screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads