Legacy of Death Part I: Most Infamous Danger

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
As per a standard version of the ritual, it can be used to link to any permanent teleportation circle--on Thraeya, but not another world--of which you have knowledge and can draw out. It is usefull, but not needed, to leave from such a circle.

Nar-Heru probably knows one or more such circles in Watercross (of which there are many). (Arcana check to confirm what ones if any).

As he has an interest in such things, Lucian probably knows one or more such circles in Northall and maybe Thunderspire Labyrinth (of which there are a good number). (Streetwise check to confirm what ones if any).

dyermaker001

Explorer
"It seems Bart is still with us is some ways. I will use too many components to summon this chest very often, but we can store anything we won't need very often. Perhaps the gems and jewels that we have not yet determined the value of will be safer in the chest until we reach Borivostok. Let's take the rations, potions and some components now."

If no one objects, Nar-Heru will take the rations, distribute them, the healing potions, and 200gp each arcane and natural components. He also places 500cp of his treasure share in the chest. After anything else destined for storage is placed in the chest, he dismisses it back to wherever it came from.

"I'm willing for a detour on the way back, but let's get going!"

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
As a chest does not fall from the sky all the time, if someone wants to say something on, say, the scroll(s), or something else before the chest is dissmissed, they can jump in and do so, now.

ecayford

First Post
Forge will keep his share of the treasure, including the loot from the chest in his bag of holding, just in case something happens to the wizard and we lose our ability to call the chest again.

Buckthorn

First Post
"I know my friend Bart, he rarely did anything without reason and seemed always to be thinking at least one step ahead of the rest of us. I wonder if the linked portal scroll may have some more immediate purpose we can put it to? Could the scroll take us back to Watercross or at least nearer our destination perhaps? It may save us a long, dangerous trek, perhaps. It may be worth at least considering."

dyermaker001

Explorer
"I have no problem going back to Watercross. I thought there was a reward of some sort waiting for us in Borivostok, and the old dwarven holds you wanted to explore. If not, I can try and determine a portal in Watercross to go to. Discuss while I examine this mummy eye gem."

OOC to DM - Is Nar-Heru confident he can dismiss and retrieve the chest as if it was his? If not, then of course, we should just empty it.

+2 to the mummy Gem roll if the Tome helps me. (It did come from something undead)

Last edited:

ecayford

First Post
Agreed Wizard, let's return to Borivostoc and claim our reward. I would like to rid these ancient mines of whatever infestation has claimed them as well.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The gem: its cursed. (-2 to saves). Forge has the curse until removed, with or without the gem. (I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume no one else touched it.)

On returning to “town”: As a gentle reminder…you may not recall clearly, given the “excitement” of the last week, it took 2-3 weeks to make the journey from Borivostok to the Tomb, and that was with horses, and possibly better weather (and 1 more wizard). And of course, it took a month long sea voyage to get to Borivostok from more civilized lands.

On the reward: a reward of 400 gold was promised, presumably provided by House Brandt through their local agent (what was his name?). Again, the ship, the Siren, left Northall, stopped in Dussleberg, and then went on to Borivostok. With the last bit being thanks to your crewing, the whole crew, all but 1, killed by dopplegangers. (and there is the "dwarf fortress"--the opening by the pass, and, maybe, owlbear eggs).

On the whole business of “linked portals”: The ritual does not allow travel to other Worlds, the Aether or places there in, the Maelstrom, or the more distant realms across the Sea Beyond the Stars. (though if one was in one of those places, it may allow for some local travel therein). Other, more difficult rituals, allegedly do.

Lucian: you know well a circle hidden in the basement of a tavern in Low Temple in Northall. All the time wasted there, well, at least until now. Should be clear, at least the basement. You would bet your bottom silver noble that the Hare and Cap has a few, but never had time to find one. There is also, of course, the public one in the Seven Pillared Hall in Thundspire Labyrinth. Don’t know if the Mages of Saruun would mind.

Nar-Heru: Obviously, obviously, you remember the great common circle on the Rightwater, across from Wanderer House (so..full..of..themselves..) and the Melkar House circle hidden behind the west alcove in the arched vault in the sub-basement. And, obviously, a few more, but maybe not well enough to use.

On trading, magic items, (making an investment?) etc: Even Forge and Ghen probably know that this would be easier in a big city like Northall or, maybe, a college full of wizards. Though there were those hags, and Krondos the merchant.

(Ooc 1: there is no end of adventure for these characters, they did triumph in the Tomb of Horrors after all…and the XP reward for returning to “home”, wherever that might be, is the same no matter how you do it)

(OoC 2: I have made a treasure clarification on the OoC thread)
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/308400-legacy-death-ooc.html

Remove ads