Legacy of Death Part I: Most Infamous Danger

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Its another day after defeating the demi-lich. A falling temperature and distant clouds, seen by the ranger and shaman, may indicate a storm is on its way.

The opening Lucian mentioned should be relatively easy to find again as you leave the valley, assuming you wish to do so, and that you ever leave.

kaltfeuer

First Post
Directions to Take

Ghen and Shayera will make campsites as needed.

We agree to go whenever everyone else wants to go.

We support the idea of inspecting the fortress Lucien mentioned. We prefer that to just returning to town, but we will go along with the majority. Since it's on the way back to town (isn't it?), we still need to leave the camping area to get there...

PS - If Nature rolls are required for campsights, it's d20+20 (Nature +15 and +5 Wisdom for Speak With Spirits). Presumably, Buckthorn can aid that if we feel the area is threatened in any way...

Last edited:

dyermaker001

Explorer
I edited the earlier ritual post, trying work in the scrawled phrase into the ritual. You may have missed it. Do I think that might be enough? Or is Nar-Heru missing something else? Regardless, let's move, Nar-Heru will be reading the book and trying to discover what is necessary to retrieve the chest if there is one during rests.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
back to the present

So on the the current day to save components (which he wanted to do anyways), Nar attempts the ritual, as the others begin to finally think about leaving.

When no one else starts the long walk back, Nar-Heru sits down, pulls out some oils and candles, lights them, and starts muttering his various arcane chants, hopefully summoning a Secret Chest that may be of use.
-----
Nar-Heru will try and work the phrase "RAKLEMESUOHFOTRAB" into the ritual at what seems to be the appropriate time.

Probably some kind of key word attached to the chest, he feels contact with it, and it almost ready to bring it back...but it seems to fail.

Then, as everybody is just ready to leave. A largish chest falls from the sky, and just about hits the elf's foot.

dyermaker001

Explorer
Nar-Heru gazes up at the sky and shakes his head, then looks down to examine the chest at his feet. Does he recognize this chest from what He knows of Bart? He looks for any arcane wards or physical locks.

ecayford

First Post
"Lucien, I trust Bart and all but maybe you should give this a once over after I take a look. Buckthorn, you knew him better than any of us. You think it's safe and do you know where this should be returned to?"

Forge will examine the chest for traps.

dyermaker001

Explorer
"Forge, I should be able to dismiss and retrieve it now, if the ritual works as expected."

After Forge and Lucien have given the chest a once over, Nar-Heru will open it.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The wizard opens the chest:

15 days, rations
3 potions, healing
500 in arcane components
500 in healing/nature components

Scrolls:

--raise dead
--remove affliction

AND

--linked portal