• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy of Death Part II: Graves of Lesser Immortals

Flaming Bob

First Post
Lucien teleports from the water back to his original position (cape). He readies black blade of despair for when the creature reemerges.

"Hope you're nearly done shifter."

Last edited:

kaltfeuer

First Post
Confused

How much range does this thing have? I can cover a 10x10 area. I'm not sitting adjacent to the pool. I'm sitting as far from the pool as possible.

And if Buckthorn already tied a rope, does it take an athletics check to grab a rope?

PS - That's 10 squares, not 10 feet.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
[Ghen sits down and starts performing a ritual.]

Ghen may wish he is as far away as possible (which would be where?), makes sense after all...but there is no indication he thought of this before the attacks started again. (I will allow a nature check to move while maintaining the ritual, but you have to say where he is).

In the meantime, Lucian, right next to the pool, dispatches the serpent, again...the water has dropped a few inches so far.

Last edited:

Flaming Bob

First Post
Ghen may wish he is as far away as possible (which would be where?), makes sense after all...but there is no indication he thought of this before the attacks started again. (I will allow a nature check to move while maintaining the ritual, but you have to say where he is).

In the meantime, Lucian, right next to the pool, dispatches the serpent, again...the water has dropped a few inches so far.

The readied attack was black blade of despair, which carries a Cold keyword. Is there any additional effect, such as the beast freezing mid strike?

kaltfeuer

First Post
Common Sense

Um, I'm not sure how to indicate where I would be, since the map that showed the room is gone (I had already paged back to it, and there's an X there). I have the highest Wisdom in the party, and I'm pretty sure I'm clever enough not to sit at the edge of the pool where a known enemy/trap keeps reappearing while I do a 10 minute ritual, nor does it make sense for others to have to keep blocking for 10 minutes. The whole point of the ritual was to stop having to take these attacks.

I seem to recall that the room was roughly 6x6, and the pool was in the upper left quadrant of the map. I would therefore be in the lower-right corner of the room, as far away from the pool as possible.

AFAIK, the creature ONLY has appeared from the pool itself (nothing has indicated otherwise) and not from the little ditches all around the room. If it appears from ANY source of the water/liquid, then I would position myself at the furthest point from any water, possibly even outside the room, since my affected area is large enough to do so.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Forge, inspite of his armor and sheild, just manages to grab the rope and hall himself out. Good thing it was tied there. You took 19 damage from the previous hit.

Lucian, it freezes and shatters dramatically (it has no special vunrability to cold). You took 16 damage from the hit. You remain by the pool.

Ghen, you fail to move, but do not disrupt the ritual, you may try again.

Remove ads