D&D General Legend of Vox Machina Trailer Released

Critical Role’s The Legend of Vox Machina will be released on Amazon streaming in batches of three episodes. Season 1 will release on Amazon Prime Video as follows: Friday, January 28th: Episodes 1-3 Friday, February 4th: Episodes 4-6 Friday, February 11th: Episodes 7-9 Friday, February 18th: Episodes 10-12

Critical Role’s The Legend of Vox Machina will be released on Amazon streaming in batches of three episodes. Season 1 will release on Amazon Prime Video as follows:
  • Friday, January 28th: Episodes 1-3
  • Friday, February 4th: Episodes 4-6
  • Friday, February 11th: Episodes 7-9
  • Friday, February 18th: Episodes 10-12

I've never watched CR (how does anyone find the TIME?) but I'll certainly watch this. If it turns out to be decent, it'll be a great series to point people at when they ask 'what's this D&D thing about, anyway?' I've got a fair bit more faith in it on that front than I do the D&D movie, at least.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
I've heard alot of really bad stuff about both, especially Wheel of Time which breaks my heart because I loved the Wheel of Time series. Damn Hollywood, I hope it gets it's naughty word together.

?

Wheel of Time show was awesome in my opinion, and I say that as someone who tried to read the first books a few years ago and dropped it because I found it to be such a slog.

No, seriously. The only reason I’ve been able to finally power through the first book and a half was because I finished watching the show.

darjr

I crit!
?

Wheel of Time show was awesome in my opinion, and I say that as someone who tried to read the first books a few years ago and dropped it because I found it to be such a slog.

No, seriously. The only reason I’ve been able to finally power through the first book and a half was because I finished watching the show.
I haven't read the books. I might. But the series I liked. I had no idea what the whole thing was about till then.

Vaalingrade

Legend
Until fairly recently, people expected that a cartoon was meant for children and would be surprised and upset when the content was not kid appropriate.
Which is stunning since cartoons for adults have been around since the 1920's (Betty Boop wasn't for the kiddies, she was for daddy and the Flintstones were cigarette spokesmen) and yet you still see Attack on Titan DvDs in the family section in Walmart and Target.

Fairly recently? The Simpsons started in 1987. That is 33 years ago, when D&D was still owned by TSR. South Park started in 1997. Just to name a few.
Betty Boop, 1930. Was that aimed at Children? The Flintstones (1960) had a lot of adult humour. Animation went through a phase of being "for children" round about the 1970s, but adult animation has been a thing since the zoatrope (1833).

Vaalingrade

Legend
I blame 80's cinematography where we suddenly decided that colors are for children and adults should only watch grays, browns or color-corrected greens and blues.

Thunder Brother

God Learner
I've heard alot of really bad stuff about both, especially Wheel of Time which breaks my heart because I loved the Wheel of Time series. Damn Hollywood, I hope it gets it's naughty word together.
To be honest, I could barely get through the first book of WoT. Even so, the first episode left me scratching my head wi some of the changes.
I blame 80's cinematography where we suddenly decided that colors are for children and adults should only watch grays, browns or color-corrected greens and blues.
Was that an 80's thing? I thought it was more of a early 2000's trend. Harry Potter being one of the worst offenders.

Remove ads

Remove ads