D&D 5E Legendary Adventures: Epic 5E Kickstarter

Wish that killer D&D 5E game didn't end at 20th level? Keen on taking up a fight with a god? Looking to sunder worlds? I have a thing for you.

Wish that killer D&D 5E game didn't end at 20th level? Keen on taking up a fight with a god? Looking to sunder worlds? I have a thing for you.

Legendary Adventures cover snapshot.jpg

What is this? A 128 page sourcebook for adventuring through 21st–30th level, including epic hazards and a bestiary of 50 lethal monsters.

How much is it? $12 for the PDF, $30 plus shipping and handling for the shiny hardcover.

Why? Many years ago, before the before time shortly after 5E came out, the Hypercorps 2099 Kickstarter (my second project; this is #10) hit a stretch goal for a 5E conversion. I am immensely proud of how the Pathfinder version of that book came out, but the 5E conversion just didn't jive right. It can still be fun mind you—the numbers just didn't work out right for the Hyper Score framework.

That still drives me right up the wall.

This book is my fix for that and after a year of playtesting I am EXTREMELY pleased with how it came out! Not only are the rules tight as a drum, but this is easily the prettiest book I've ever put together.

Epic DnD 5E spreads.gif

128 pages sounds extremely short for you. What are you hiding? Your keen instincts are correct—there is more to this project than the book. Throughout the rest of this month I'll be posting Epic Archetype Features to www.epic5e.com for every single D&D 5E archetype. Originally these were going to be included in the book but ultimately I decided that online was the smarter choice. First of all I'd need to run a playtest game every day for more than a year to playtest all of that material, and perhaps more importantly it would have made most of the book into archetype features (roughly 30 pages of material).

That'd hardly be an agile tool! This whole design—the epic class levels, the hazards, the monsters—is fundamentally built on the principles of D&D 5E, reinforcing and strengthening them for high level play. So as much as I love big honking tomes (and I do, I've made several in excess of 300 pages) the right choice design-wise was to go lighter rather than heavier.
Time Maestro.png
When does it end? The Kickstarter closes on Thursday, April 22nd at 4:59 PM EST. You've got just under a month to get your pledge in!

Where can I pledge? Right here! Legendary Adventures: Epic D&D 5E

First Stretch Goal: Epic Depths, an adventure for 21st level characters that'll be unlocked at $10,000

epic depths stretch goal.jpg

Mike Myler

Mike Myler

dave2008

Legend
Mike,
Congratulations on getting funded. I look forward to this product. I do recommend that you review other similar products on the market. 2Cgaming's Epic Legacy is substantial different from what your doing, IIRC, however, some of the others seem very similar on the character side. I recommend you check out:

Epic Characters
Epic Options

They are both lvl 21-30 systems, unlike Epic Legacy.

Regardless, I am always down for some epic monsters.

dave2008

Legend
I do the same thing. I wonder how will this one differ.
I didn't think Epic Legacy had lvls 21-30, I thought it had epic tiers or something? Or was that just in it first incarnation that failed on Kickstarter?

EDIT: Just checked my PDF and it does indeed have epic levels 1-10 which is essentially lvls 21-30. My mistake

Lefi2017

Explorer
cool book but how many people will run it regarding how hard even lvl 15 games are to run how many actually 1 to 20 campaigns are there percent wise how much time do you spend playing level 18-20 compared to 5-7

dave2008

Legend
cool book but how many people will run it regarding how hard even lvl 15 games are to run how many actually 1 to 20 campaigns are there percent wise how much time do you spend playing level 18-20 compared to 5-7
There are definitely people you do (some on these very forums). Epic Legacy for 5e is doing quite well ( it has had several $100,000+ Kickstarters) and Epic Characters is an Adamantine seller on the DMsGuild. I can't confirm how many are playing, but people are buying.

Last edited:

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
The epic monsters and villains entries Mike does have been fun, imaginative and high quality. I would expect this to follow that same design mindset!...Thanks Mike!

backed at the $30 level for the pdf and hard cover pod. I like the quick access to the pdf soon after the Kickstarter is over....gets me to back almost every time and not wait a year for a physical book to come in.

Remove ads

Remove ads