• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legends and Lore for 2/13

Serendipity

Explorer
New Legends and Lore is up. And with it, another poorly phrased poll. Seriously though, I realize it's not brain surgery, but what am I voting for / against on this poll? Is it asking us to vote for something, or against it? I guess it's asking us to vote to include something. I don't know, they won't say.
I hate when these polls make me feel thick. :confused:

Tony Vargas

Legend
The last few polls have been phrased to bias you towards a given response, or in one particularly brilliant case, to make all responses the same.

This one, being check boxes instead of radio buttons, is actually kinda nice, though I don't know why he salted it with stupidity like racial level limits and gender stat penalties...

Last edited:

Serendipity

Explorer
The last few polls have been phrased to bias you towards a given response, or in one particularly brilliant case, to make all responses the same.

I might argue that virtually all of the polls have been heavily loaded with pre-selection bias. But I'm not that cynical.

Oh wait, yes I am.
The polls are twice as useless as the actual columns. How much use THOSE are I leave to individual taste.

Kynn

Adventurer
Have to agree with you all about the polls... we really have to hope they are better at designing games than they are at writing polls.

*crosses fingers*

Yeah, this whole poll seems really stupid, AS USUAL.

I don't even know what they're trying do to here.

I say we should try to break the poll and get something really stupid to appear to have a vast following. Like, "everyone be sure to vote YES on 'Weapons Versus Armor Table'!!!"

trancejeremy

Adventurer
While they might make for a less than ideal gaming experience, racial limits and gender ability caps were hardly stupid.

Racial limits were to explain why elves and other long lived species don't rule the planet (or universe) and women do have lower limits of physical strength than men.

It's certainly okay for you to not like things from past edition, but it gets old when you constantly refer to them as "stupidity".

Last edited:

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I say we should try to break the poll and get something really stupid to appear to have a vast following. Like, "everyone be sure to vote YES on 'Weapons Versus Armor Table'!!!"

Ugh, no. They might actually take that seriously. :eek:

If you really want to flip people out, vote for gender based ability score maximums. :devil:

Jack99

Adventurer
System Shock - the world of D&D has not been quite right, without you.

New Legends and Lore is up. And with it, another poorly phrased poll. Seriously though, I realize it's not brain surgery, but what am I voting for / against on this poll? Is it asking us to vote for something, or against it? I guess it's asking us to vote to include something. I don't know, they won't say.
I hate when these polls make me feel thick.

The headline says features in dndnext. What is not to understand?

Serendipity

Explorer
The headline says features in dndnext. What is not to understand?

Are we voting in favor of them or against them? If they are going to go through the motions of asking our opinion, they ought explain themselves. I mean "Features" in Dndnext doesn't tell me anything aside from giving some vague notion as to what the text is supposedly about.

Remove ads