D&D General LEGO D&D minifigures -- pics of all 12

tsadkiel

Legend
Because they are yellow? That means there a whole lot of githyanki minifigs then! It has a smiling expression. I didn't think githyanki did smiling? Maybe a hobgoblin?
Partially because of the facial markings, and githyanki are distinctly D&D in a way that elves are not, and the Gith are having a moment thanks to Baldur's Gate, and yeah, yellow.

But mostly because the early leaks mentioned a githyanki minifig.

Toy company Borg.

Anyway:

Human barbarian, ???, tiefling warlock, dragonborn cleric
human druid, aarakocra ranger (with puppy animal companion), mindflayer and intellect devourer, vampire (Strahd?)
elf bard, Lady of Pain, lich (Vecna?), witchy wizard (Tasha?)
According to early leaks:

Dwarf Barbarian (with battle axe and torch)
Githyanki Warlock (with arcane eye staff and dagger)
Tiefling Sorcerer (with pseudodragon familiar)
Dragonborn Paladin (with shield and mace)

Halfling Druid (with staff and bird companion)
Aarakocra Ranger (with bow and dog companion)
Mind flayer (with Intellect devourer pet)
The vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich (with sword , goblet and rat)

Half-elf Bard (with lute and sword)
The Lady of Pain (with interdimensional cube)
Half-elf Bard (with lute and sword)
The Lich and Red Wizard Szass Tam (with skull)
The Archmage Tasha (with cauldron and spell book)

Ooh, I need to learn how to do that. My wife got very excited when she saw Tasha.
I wonder if this is true. I remember a long while back, there were some little dots on the packaging that people figured out how to get the figure they wanted. They stopped doing that and I did not hear of a way to figure it out after that besides testing the weight and squeezing the package… then they put cardboard rings around the figures to defeat the latter technique…

I also really like the Tasha one. I'm going to have to get some of these. How much do these guys typically cost? Are there other fantasy style minifigs? Might not be a bad option for minis
Regular minifigures msrp for $4.99 in the USA… (I get the Hawai‘i tax so usually I pay $1-2 more).

According to the USA LEGO site anyway:

The price has been going up rapidly in the UK, they are around £3:50 at the moment. To answer an earlier question there are some very good fantasy ones, but they are mixed in with all sorts of other stuff.

Ooh, I need to learn how to do that. My wife got very excited when she saw Tasha.
The boxes have a QR code that you can scan with an app, like Bricksearch on iOS. It works on the 2nd release of the regular blind box line series 25 that are currently available. The 1st release had a smaller QR code that doesn't seem to work from what I've tried, so hopefully they use the same style codes on the D&D line.

Edit: This article explains how it works. I'm 2 for 2 on scanning a series 25 box and it containing what the Bricksearch app told me it contained.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I wasn't going to buy the set anyway -- I don't have room in my SoCal house for stuff like this, unfortunately -- but $360 is a heart attack of a price. The set sure does look nice, though.

Arnie_Wan_Kenobi

Aspiring Trickster Mentor
I wonder if this is true. I remember a long while back, there were some little dots on the packaging that people figured out how to get the figure they wanted. They stopped doing that and I did not hear of a way to figure it out after that besides testing the weight and squeezing the package… then they put cardboard rings around the figures to defeat the latter technique…

Like @Velderan, I can also vouch that it works. I used the scan-the-QR-code trick to find the Noir Detective in the most recent series of Collectible Mini-figures. But, it was TEDIOUS. Some of the QR codes did not print very dark, and there's a lot of tipping and turning to get the camera to pick them up. I can't say if this next batch will have better printing or not.

FWIW, I think the official reason for the switch to cardboard was less "limit the bag squeezing" and more "cardboard is recyclable" and Lego is making an effort towards "sustainability."

Count me in for most of these; Strahd, Mind Flayer, but Lady of Pain especially. They'll look spiffy next to my Kre-O Drizzt and Lego Gandalf/Saruman Set. and I think the reversible head print that look "masculine" and "feminine" is a nifty idea at it's heart; I can see some criticisms of it, though.

Last edited:

Like @Velderan, I can also vouch that it works. I used the scan-the-QR-code trick to find the Noir Detective in the most recent series of Collectible Mini-figures. But, it was TEDIOUS. Some of the QR codes did not print very dark, and there's a lot of tipping and turning to get the camera to pick them up. I can't say if this next batch will have better printing or not.

FWIW, I think the official reason for the switch to cardboard was less "limit the bag squeezing" and more "cardboard is recyclable" and Lego is making an effort towards "sustainability."
That's cool that there is a way then.

The cardboard ring was within the packaging, not the packaging (that was a while ago, I haven't bought a blind minifig for years).

Remove ads