• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's 1E AD&D Game OOC

Helfdan

First Post
Girion Valtar

Girion nods at the warrior-priest's words. "I am ever at the service of the Lady of the Forests. Indeed, as a Ranger of Urnst, it is my duty to see if these portents are true."

He turns to his horse, and takes from his saddle-horn a long sword in a plain leathern scabbard. He belts it around his waist, and adjusts the hilt's angle slightly. He then speaks, his tone all business. "I do not claim to know as much about undead as Elwydd. But we should at least stock up on holy water, and oil flasks if we are to face them. Also, even those of us who prefer blade-work should carry a cudgel, mace, or hammer, in case we face animated skeletons."

DM_Wannabe

First Post
Theron Greywand

"I propose we undertake an investigation of these 'cairns' or what have they to either destroy the evil that lies within or dispel the vile rumors as no more than just that.

"We shall proceed as a band of peers. Equal in rights, votes and shares of all spoils to do with as we please. Though undertaking no acts of wickedness in striving to do so. What say you?"

"I agree. I think we should make our way to these hills in the north to inspect the rumors of the undead there."

"I do not claim to know as much about undead as Elwydd. But we should at least stock up on holy water, and oil flasks if we are to face them. Also, even those of us who prefer blade-work should carry a cudgel, mace, or hammer, in case we face animated skeletons."

"Your knowledge of the undead is truly commendable, Master Girion. I concur with and echo the suggestion to properly equip our group prior to embarking upon our journey. Perhaps we can make our way to a general store in the town to obtain a few of these items."

I must remind you that Humanoids lurk in the caves as well and much more foul denizens lurk even deeper. A walking corpse will be a child's compared play to them.
Gorash says
You have my axe!
Say, I have a nice story about an Ogre I once killed....

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Ellydd concurs with Girion's suggestions for precaution. <OOC: is there a temple in this town we could get some holy water? Then let's get on the road!>

"You've slain an ogre, Master Greybeard? That would be an impressive tale to be sure. Do tell."

Helfdan

First Post
I must remind you that Humanoids lurk in the caves as well and much more foul denizens lurk even deeper. A walking corpse will be a child's compared play to them.

Girion smiles grimly. "I did not forget your talk of humanoids. Those can usually be dispatched with arrows swords, and courage in equal measures. As for the fouler denizens, we'll improvise, and do as we must."

Last edited by a moderator:

Gorash leads the party in the direction of Radigast city in the north part of the county. It is a voyage of two to three days on the high road by foot but they can shorten the trip with a coin or two to a local farmer with an empty cart. There are numerous towns and inns along the way Gorash knows of. He shares with the other travelers heroic stories abount Bandits and a wandering Ogre he once battled.

Leif

Adventurer
To Radigast City

The party of advengturers makes good time the first day when they hitch a ride on the cart of a farmer headed to marker with his crops. The smell is not very appetizing, however, because it is a cartload of onions on which they are riding. Nevertheless, he gets you 15 niles closer to your goal for 1 cp.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Upon arrival, Ellydd gives the farmer his most sincere [mundane] blessing on his animals, crop and his person for the assistance.

Leif

Adventurer
The farmer smiles broadly and says, "Welllllll, I guess I kin tote you fellas a bit further, if'n you're willing."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads