• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's AD&D 1E Game [IC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
Bridge Aftermath

Elydd's search turns up some bitterroot, some snake head, and some juniper berries. What does he intend to do with thee herbs, and which ones in what proportions?

Girion does not bear any obvious wounds to be treated, other than the spider's venomous bite. He is still in a swoon, but is beginning to show signs of coming around. [OOC - Helfdan, five more minutes and he'll be awake, but still not able to do more than move under his own power.]

Gorash is fuming to himself quietly, when he and Riel both notice a cluster of webs near the abutment of the far side of the bridge, as if the spiders had built a nest under the bridge. Getting to it may be a problem, though.

Last edited:

Falariel

First Post
Grimacing at the mess, Riel wipes his blade with some fallen leaves and sheathes it.

He looks around warily. "Is there anything I can do to help?" he asks...

Falariel

First Post
Riel motions to the webs under the bridge.

"If the spiders had a nest, it looks like it was under the bridge... Perhaps there is something of value from other victims?"

He looks to see if there are any handholds to the underside of the bridge...or perhaps a way down from another angle.

Leif

Adventurer
Spiders' Nest

Riel thinks there might be a way to get to the nest from the bridge abutment on the other side of the stream. The problem is going to be how to transfer anything found in the nest safely to shore without it falling into the water below. That's the main problem, if you make the risky assumption that the nest is now unoccupied.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Elydd's search turns up some bitterroot, some snake head, and some juniper berries. What does he intend to do with thee herbs, and which ones in what proportions?

OOC: Well, that's up to you I suppose. Seeing as AD&D doesn't have "rules" for this kind of non-weapon-proficiency/skill "knowledge" or "herbalism/[non-magic]healing" thing. Does Ellydd know if and what he can do with any of these things? I, personally, am not an herbalist...or at least my studies in that area waned some years ago. Best I, personally, know of the above is "make gin out of juniper berries" and frankly, I don't feel like digging out and researching through my magical properties of plants books. hahaha...where would those be these days, anyway? hmmm...ANYwho, seems more than plausible that the education of a priest of the protector goddess of forests would include being trained in the types and properties of beneficial flora (and those to stay away from!). But I'm not sure how or if you'd want to resolve that AD&D rules-wise. Just lemme know.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC, Elydd -- I wasn't looking for an herbalism treatise, just a thrown-together post that seems fairly reasonable will work.

OOC, Gorash -- Ahh, somebody's thinking!

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OOC: Oh, ok. Ellydd crushes up some of the juniper berries and mixes it with some of the water from his skin in a wooden cup and tells Girion to sip it while he chews on some bitterroot.

"Yes," Ellydd warns, "I know it will not taste good. But it should alleviate some of the weakness from the poison."

Remove ads