• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leif's All-Eladrin DweomerFall Saga [4E, IC01]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Quarion's Horse Negotiations and Selections

Quarion's skills at negotiation are the reason that the mounts selected are standard book price while still having exceptionally high intelligence for such mounts, know the "tricks" that they do know, and, we will now assume, all have higher than normal hit points and defenses.

[OOC: See post #4 in the RG for stats of the mounts. I have also placed the Feywild Charger over in the "Fan Creations for 4E" Forum.]

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Rinivan Phaedran

Waiting until the Princess has left before raising his eyes, the impetuousness of youth, Rinivan pushes his soup bowl away, downs his wine, and follows his elders to the Academy.

Leif

Adventurer
At the Academy

Sulannus, Galinndan, and Rinivan make their way over to the Academy. The place of learning is housed in a graceful, thin spire that grows slightly broader as it ascends to its full height of 180 feet, giving the structure the appearance of being just about to topple and fall, or else that the entire building might telescope downward, the wider upper floors engulfing and crushing the lower. The cunningly-carved green-veined stone of the edifice gives it an imposing, but graceful and ancient appearance, with Feywild Gargoyles carved every few feet along the circumference of the tower at each interval of twenty feet of height. There are four relatively narrow staircases leading from gound level up some 12 feet to the first floor, one staircase at each cardinal point of the compass All the staircases lead onto a wide promenade that surrounds the circular tower. On the promenade, the broad main entrance into the Academy proper is located on the south side of the tower.

The comprehensive library occupies almost the entire third and fourth floors of the academy, with classrooms and dormitories being located below it, and laboratories and professorial offices being located above it.

Walking Dad

First Post
Galin

Galin lets respectfully his elder sister take lead. After all, he might have the brains, but she has certainly the tongue to do the asking.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Galin
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 19 Reflex 22 Will 21
Initiative: +10
Hit Points: 66 / 66 Bloodied: 33
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 16 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Dazzling Sunray, Shadow Sever, Unseen Hand, Magic Missle, Save Banishment
Encounter Powers: Bladesong, Shield
Daily Powers: Grasping Shadows, Fire Shroud

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Sulannus leads the way into the Academy and proceeds to the library desk. There she gives the elf behind the counter a smile and says, "Academy alumnus can still use the library for their research, can't they? My brother and I need to check the school's resources on a thorny little problem we keep having. A dragon, in fact. Is there a particular place where records of living dragons would be kept?"

Leif

Adventurer
In the Academy Library

The clerk glances up from his notes, sees Sulannus and then quickly leaps to his feet, the pile of parchment that he had been working on becoming a shower of pages around his feet as he does so. "Yes, milady, certainly milady, you'll be wanting Professor Tam Nightengale on the twelfth floor, milady. Being an alumna, you need no directions to the lift. I'll see that you are announced at once, milady."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Su flashed the clerk a smile and glided away, gesturing for her brother to follow as she went for the lift.

"Tam Nightengale," she muttered under her breath as he came up alongside her. "I didn't have him. Did you, by any chance? What kind of man is he?"

Lou

Explorer
Rinivan Phaedran

Rinivan follows Galen and Sulannus through the library. Based on the look of disgust on his face, Rinivan hated the library.

Walking Dad

First Post
Galin

"I think I attended a lecture on recent history by him, but I cannot remember much personality at all on my teachers." Galin answers quietly with a wink.

[sblock=OOC]
Leif, please say if I overstep at any time.

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Galin
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 25 Fortitude 19 Reflex 22 Will 21
Initiative: +10
Hit Points: 66 / 66 Bloodied: 33
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 16 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Dazzling Sunray, Shadow Sever, Unseen Hand, Magic Missle, Save Banishment
Encounter Powers: Bladesong, Shield
Daily Powers: Grasping Shadows, Fire Shroud

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
In the Academy Library

The Lift is a crystal platform with a mithral floor, gate, and railing that stands in the center of the floor where you entered the library. The railing is wrought in the likeness of a flowering vine. Every foot or so, there is a wrought mithral flower bearing a jewel at its center. The jewels are greatly varied, seemingly at random. On the 'vines' near certain of the 'flowers,' 'thorns' of gold are to be found.

The Lift operates in this fashion: A destination floor is selected by touching the colored crystals on the control panel in a specified order. Each floor has its own unique pattern, and all of the Phaedran siblings are aware of how to reach every floor to which you are permitted access, which includes the library proper, faculty offices, laboratories, study areas, and storage. There is never more than one Lift Platform visible to a person at one time, but somehow, whenever you wish to ascend or descend, the Lift Platform is always present and unoccupied on whichever floor you are to be found. You all also know that Teleportation, Dimension Door, Fly, Plane Shift, and all other similar forms of transportation using of 'conventional' spells, items, and other magical or supernatural effects is strictly forbidden on the premesis of the library.

Last edited:

Remove ads