• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
The Vault of Larin Karr

Ok, then, evidently, you already got the goods. Since I have foreshortened the battle(s) at the end, we seem to be ready for you wizards to load up and make your way back to Quail Valley, presumably headed for Pembrose. Or maybe Bostwick, the only settlement in Quail Valley that you haven't visited yet, but from what you heard, it's smaller than Pembrose, but it seems that it would almost have to be larger than Twain. And, who knows, Bostwick may have a few amenities that Pembrose lacks. For leveling, you'll doubtless wish to revisit your alma mater, Whirtlestaff's, to receive proper instruction. And then? We shall see what we shall see.....

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I am very glad this threat to the good people of Quail valley is vanquished." A long sigh of relief is exhaled by the archeologist, "Should we burn his body to ash or something? So he doesn't return from the dead or something?"

Scott DeWar

"I was expecting something like fire, which I am not good at. As for acid, I only have one spell of the second order of magnitude. If we take his body with us to prove to the people of Quail valley and the orcs within these cave that Master Karr is indeed vanquished and then I can destroy his body before witnesses, then that way I could get a spell memorized to do the job."

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Unless you're planning to stuff L. Karr inside some kind of magical container or something, hauling a dead body all the way across miles of Underdark and then miles of surface country to Pembrose sounds like a thoroughly disgusting and damned difficult chore. Maybe you could just cut his head off, or something? I doubt whether many people will even know anything about him, to say nothing of his physical appearance.

Scott DeWar

OOC: I was not sure if you cater to the "cut the head off" theory to prevent a body from becoming undead.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: DeWar, your post n eeds to be marked as OOC. I didn't say anything about preventing the dead from rising as undead. And a wizard this powerful would make for an undead to be reckoned with, for sure. Once again, just so you get it --

I AM EXPRESSING NO OPINION ABOUT WHETHER REMOVING THE HEAD ONLY WOULD PREVENT A DECEASED WIZARD FROM RISING AS AN UNDEAD CREATURE.

I just said that a head would be lighter and easier to travel with than a complete corpse.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads