Pathfinder 2E Leshies Previewed From Lost Omens Character Guide

Leshies are another of the three new ancestries from the new Pathfinder 2E book. Nature spirits given form, these guys havecrafted plant bodies.

Leshies are another of the three new ancestries from the new Pathfinder 2E book. Nature spirits given form, these guys havecrafted plant bodies.

083019_LeafLeshy_360.jpg

This small-sized race has 8 hit points, 25' speed, and gains sustenance from the sun. They have Constitution and Wisdom boosts, and an Intelligence flaw. They also have their own ancestry feats, including this one:

Screenshot 2019-09-03 at 16.55.06.png

More info here.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
They are plant people. Plant people are a fantasy trope. It's nice. Now I can play a deku scrub or a korok.
Yea, I think the more exposed to video games you are, the more that "plant people" are a familar trope. Sylvari in Guild Wars, the Deku and Koroks in Zelda, etc.

RSIxidor

Adventurer
Yea, I think the more exposed to video games you are, the more that "plant people" are a familar trope. Sylvari in Guild Wars, the Deku and Koroks in Zelda, etc.

I think there's plenty even outside of video games. Dryads, ents, some interpretations of kodama, mangaboos from Oz, Nym from Wheel of Time, Swamp Thing, Piccolo (somewhere between plant and slug, really), Zhaan in Farscape, Poison Ivy, Dr. Reginald Bushroot, cactaceae from Bas-lag. I'm going to stop there but there's plenty other examples.

Most of those still aren't a plant person quite in the same way as the ones depicted up top, where they are very leafy and flowery. Several of them you wouldn't even know were plants or plant-like unless you really looked into it. And perhaps none of these were quite popular enough tropes for a significant amount of people to attach to the idea of playing a hero plant.

Anyway, it probably also says something about me that the first sentient plants I thought of are from Zelda (it's that I like Zelda games). There's of course some other video game ones, like Thorians and Spriggans, so I don't think you're entirely wrong in your assessment that video games may have increased familiarity with the idea.

Remove ads

Remove ads