• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Less attacks but with bonuses

Horwath

Legend
Bad idea IMHO.

more attacks flats out swinginess of d20. I really hate all or nothing for attacks.

When you have 2 or 3, you can more or less count on one being hit at least.

Nevvur

Explorer
If the point is to reduce the amount of time one player spends during his turn, I think the better solution is to coach the player into resolving his actions faster. I'll refrain from pontificating on that subject unless it is indeed the point.

If the point is to provide multiple-attack characters additional tactical options, various of the suggestions so far seem adequate. I like Igfig's the best.

Bardbarian

First Post
One option our group uses when pressed for time is to roll damage once for the round and then just make the proper number of attack rolls. Simply apply the damage per hit. next round we roll damage again so its not as static as using average damage and sometimes you have a good round and sometimes you dont. If I crit I often just double the result of the dice I rolled instead of rolling another set again.

Remove ads