• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Let's make some 4e iconics.

So here's where we stand.

Cleric - Dwarf. Dibs called by Klaus.

Fighter - Dragonborn. Dibs called by Lorthanoth.

Paladin - Half-Elf. Dibs called by Jack99.

Ranger - Elf. Dibs called by Bagpuss.

Rogue - Halfling. Dibs called by evilhalfling.

Warlock - Tiefling. Dibs called by Kishin.

Warlord - Eladrin. Dibs called by Blargney the Second.

Wizard - Human. Dibs called by RangerWickett.

We still need people to do the fighter, rogue, and warlock. I'm working on my wizard now.

Updated: Now we have everyone assigned. Get crackin'. :)

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric 1
Abilities: Str 15 (+2), Con 15 (+2), Dex 10 (+0), Int 13 (+1), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 12 (+2)
Feat: Dwarven Weapon Training
Trained Skills: Heal, History, Insight, Religion
At-Wills: Righteous Brand, Priest's Shield
Encounter: Healing Strike
Daily: Avenging Flame
Rituals: Brew Potion, Gentle Repose.
Equipment: Greataxe (+4 vs. AC, 1d12+4), chainmail, throwing hammer, ritual book.

This brings up a question: how to lay out the stats? How about we post a shorter form, like what Blargney and Klaus used, for each of the levels, then we can worry about specific numbers and such if and when we get around to finalizing things?

Level 1
[sblock]Cascia
Race: Human
Class: Wizard 1 (Staff of Defense)
Abilities: Str 10 (+0), Con 15 (+2), Dex 8 (-1), Int 18 (+4), Wis 13 (+1), Cha 13 (+1)
Feat: Action Surge, Armor Proficiency (leather)
Trained Skills: Arcana, Dungeoneering, History, Nature

At-Wills: Magic Missile, Ray of Frost, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Force Orb
Daily (1/day): Flaming Sphere, Freezing Cloud
Rituals: Animal Messenger, Comprehend Languages, Make Whole, Silence, Tenser’s Floating Disk
Equipment: Quarterstaff, dagger, leather armor, spellbook, plenty of additional supplies, lots of rations.[/sblock]

I was looking for a theme to hook her on, and I opened the Monster Manual to a random page: the beholder. So I’m thinking her backstory (which if we were actually designing iconics for use in publication would never be explicitly stated) is that when she was studying to be a wizard, her caravan was attacked, and she was enslaved by a beholder. Then one day the beholder was recruited to guard a lich’s tomb, and the eye tyrant did not want to waste effort packing and shipping his slaves, so he just caved in his lair and left them to starve.

She managed to survive and navigate free using cantrips, and eventually linked up with a party of adventurers, and she even saved a few of the other slaves. After recovering from her ordeal, she resolved to find the beholder and other tyrants, man and monster alike, to free their prisoners. She tracked down the same group of adventurers and joined them as their wizard.

I like the visual of a wizard who has a slight beholder theme, with a staff carved to have eyes, and hair that she keeps in ten braids, with a bauble tied in each.

I’m aiming for blood mage as her paragon path for three reasons. First, I like tough, tenacious characters who can take a lickin’ and keep on tickin’, so Cascia has hit points to spare. Second, I prefer the style of mage who has to pay a price for power. And third, I love the Dethklok song Bloodrocuted.

For epic destiny, Archmage obviously.

Level 5
[sblock]Cascia
Class: Wizard 5 (Staff of Defense)
Abilities: Str 10 (+0), Con 16 (+3), Dex 8 (-1), Int 19 (+4), Wis 13 (+1), Cha 13 (+1)
Feat: Action Surge, Armor Proficiency (leather), Durable, Human Perseverence

Encounter: Force Orb, Icy Rays
Daily (2/day): Fireball, Flaming Sphere, Freezing Cloud, Stinking Cloud
Utility (1/day): Expeditious Retreat, Shield
Rituals: Animal Messenger, Comprehend Languages, Enchant Magic Item, Endure Elements, Make Whole, Silence, Tenser’s Floating Disk
Equipment: +1 staff of winter, dagger, +1 bloodcut leather armor, +2 amulet of protection, bracers of the perfect shot*, spellbook, plenty of additional supplies, lots of rations. 320 gp

* I assume bracers of the perfect shot work with Magic Missile?[/sblock]

Level 15
[sblock]Cascia
Class: Wizard 15 (Staff of Defense)
Paragon Path: Blood Mage
Abilities: Str 11 (+0), Con 19 (+4), Dex 9 (-1), Int 22 (+6), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 14 (+2)
Feat: Action Recovery, Action Surge, Armor Proficiency (leather), Burning Blizzard, Durable, Human Perseverence, Skill Focus (Arcana), Spell Focus, Toughness, Wintertouched

Encounter: Blood Pulse, Force Orb, Frostburn, Icy Rays, Winter’s Wrath
Daily (3/day): Bigby’s Grasping Hands, Blast of Cold, Fireball, Flaming Sphere, Freezing Cloud, Ice Storm, Stinking Cloud, Wall of Fire
Utility (4/day): Arcane Gate, Blur, Dispel Magic, Expeditious Retreat, Levitate, Shield, Soul Burn

Rituals: Animal Messenger, Comprehend Languages, Disenchant Magic Item, Enchant Magic Item, Endure Elements, Linked Portal, Make Whole, Silence, Tenser’s Floating Disk, View Location, Wizard’s Sight
Equipment: +3 staff of winter, dagger, +3 bloodcut leather armor, +4 amulet of protection, bracers of the perfect shot (heroic tier), boots of striding, diadem of acuity (has 11 gems on it, like eyes), gloves of piercing, sending stones (pair), 5 potions of vitality, spellbook, plenty of additional supplies, lots of rations. 40 gp.

I am not wholly sure how many wizard spells I swap out at 15th level. I’m assuming I lose one low level one and get two high level ones.[/sblock]

Level 25
[sblock]Cascia
Class: Wizard 25 (Staff of Defense)
Paragon Path: Blood Mage
Epic Destiny: Archmage
Abilities: Str 12 (+1), Con 22 (+6), Dex 10 (+0), Int 25 (+7), Wis 15 (+2), Cha 15 (+2)
Feat: Action Recovery, Action Surge, Arcane Mastery, Armor Proficiency (leather), Blind-Fight, Burning Blizzard, Durable, Fleet-Footed, Great Fortitude, Human Perseverence, Inescapable Force, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Skill Focus (Arcana), Spell Focus, Toughness, Wintertouched

Encounter: Chain Lightning, Force Orb, Frostburn, Ice Tomb
Daily (4/day): Bigby’s Grasping Hands, Blast of Cold, Destructive Salutation, Disintegrate, Elemental Maw, Fireball, Freezing Cloud, Ice Storm, Prismatic Spray, Stinking Cloud, Wall of Fire
Utility (4/day): Arcane Gate, Blur, Dispel Magic, Displacement, Expeditious Retreat, Levitate, Mass Fly, Mordenkainen’s Mansion, Shield, Soul Burn, Stoneskin

Rituals: Animal Messenger, Comprehend Languages, Disenchant Magic Item, Drawmij’s Instant Summons, Enchant Magic Item, Endure Elements, Eye of Warning, Linked Portal, Make Whole, Observe Creature, Passwall, Planar Portal, Silence, Tenser’s Floating Disk, View Location, Wizard’s Sight
Equipment: +5 staff of winter, dagger, +5 bloodcut feyleather armor, +6 amulet of protection, belt of vigor (paragon tier), bracers of the perfect shot (paragon tier), boots of striding, diadem of acuity (has 11 gems on it, like eyes), gloves of piercing, handy haversack, iron ring of the dwarf lords, revenant ankh, ring of protection, ritual candle, sending stones (pair), potion of life, 5 potions of recovery, 5 potions of vitality, spellbook, plenty of additional supplies, lots of rations. 95,720 gp. Probably lots of other stuff. Hell, she’s epic level.[/sblock]

erf_beto

First Post
I think the wizard powers could be worded like this:
Daily: Flaming Sphere or Freezing Cloud, Fireball or Stinking Cloud
Other than that, great formatting.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I would be willing to do the halfling.
what the source limitations? Adventures Vault / Martial Power?
Im thinking Trickster/Acrobat(?) rogue - moving through daggermaster (or acrobat if MP used)
and deadly trickster of course.
Unfortunately I'm going to call her Bunny.

(edit - see later post)

Last edited:

Now we have all the characters assigned. Let's get crackin'. And if anybody has any comments or suggestions, please post them. Design by committee can suck, though, so I give each poster final say over how to create his or her iconic.

erf_beto, maybe I'm reading the PHB wrong, but I thought wizards just have a certain number of daily and utility slots which they can fill with any power of that type. I admit, though, that seems to give them extra power compared to other classes. The wording is unclear to me; has there been an official clarification?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads