Level Up (A5E) Level Up Is Coming! Spread The Word!

Level up your 5E game! The standalone advanced 5E tabletop RPG adds depth and diversity to the game you love!

Level up your 5E game! The standalone advanced 5E tabletop RPG adds depth and diversity to the game you love!

4E5051B5-727B-46B6-B137-7A60BF847208.jpeg

Faolyn

(she/her)
How easy/difficult will it be to use this more as a toolkit, where I only pick parts of the new systems to add them to my D&D game? Are many of it's parts are building on top of each other?
You can definitely use the non-heritage/class features in D&D (I have started doing this). Regions and other exploration stuff, combat stuff, the monsters, probably the spells, etc. All of them should be easy to import.

You could probably use maneuvers as is. Except for monks, since the adept was rewritten so that instead of ki, they simply had some extra exertion to spend on both class-related stuff and on maneuvers. You'd have to give o5e monks extra ki to allow them to use maneuvers.

Jmarso

Adventurer
You could probably use maneuvers as is. Except for monks, since the adept was rewritten so that instead of ki, they simply had some extra exertion to spend on both class-related stuff and on maneuvers. You'd have to give o5e monks extra ki to allow them to use maneuvers.
Since it's all compatible, there is nothing stopping anyone from using both O5E monks with ki and the LevelUp version with exertion. Instead of one monk class, you have two. One more eastern themed, one a catch-all.

A friend in another space was asking if this is official licensed D&D, since it's mentioned in the Kickstarter preview page? I thought this was all built on the SRD... But was not sure?
It uses uses the OGL, but is not otherwise “official” - it will not be supported in any way by WotC and they cannot use WotC IP. However, I personally don’t think that should matter one bit of you are at all interested in a more in-depth version of 5e, because you are never going to get that from WotC.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Since it's all compatible, there is nothing stopping anyone from using both O5E monks with ki and the LevelUp version with exertion. Instead of one monk class, you have two. One more eastern themed, one a catch-all.
What I mean is, if you wanted to use maneuvers with o5e classes, you can do so more or less seamlessly, but will need to remember that LU adepts are built using a different math than 05e monks and so exertion might not map completely.

Remove ads

Remove ads