Level Up (A5E) Level Up Is Coming! Spread The Word!

Level up your 5E game! The standalone advanced 5E tabletop RPG adds depth and diversity to the game you love!

Level up your 5E game! The standalone advanced 5E tabletop RPG adds depth and diversity to the game you love!

4E5051B5-727B-46B6-B137-7A60BF847208.jpeg

R_J_K75

Legend
The travel rules looked cool. I will probably buy just for that. (After I see the price and release date of course)
Im on the fence myself about buying this. For one I'm really not looking for advanced rules, but Im sure theres stuff in there thats worth buying the book(s) for. I understand A5E was built so players could play an O5E character side by side with a A5E character but my other concern is if this wont unbalance the party. Its going to ultimately depend on price and shipping for me too. If it ships rather quickly I'll most likely be in.

Release date? Boy, are you in for a pleasant surprise. Welcome to EN Publishing Kickstarters!
Any cost estimate for both hardcover books tier pledge?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

It’s 6 weeks away, plenty of time yet! We’re still looking at the latest printing and shipping quotes. I don’t want to make a guess and have that not be true. But be aware that the core rulebook is the player and GM manuals combined, so it’s the equivalent of an O5E PHB and DMG at 500+ pages.

TheSword

Legend
Well I must say I’m excited. I’m probably not going to adopt Level Up as a whole system due to VTT compatibility with other products I’ve already bought for 5e. But there are things in here which just look great and will really enhance a campaign, without too much trouble to integrate.

I also think as a 5e fan, I’m going to really enjoy the experience of reading what you’ve done. The snapshots we’ve seen so far have had some sterling stuff in there.

Purchasing this is definitely a no-brainer! I hope this is a massive win for you all!

Last edited:

TheSword

Legend
Im on the fence myself about buying this. For one I'm really not looking for advanced rules, but Im sure theres stuff in there thats worth buying the book(s) for. I understand A5E was built so players could play an O5E character side by side with a A5E character but my other concern is if this wont unbalance the party. Its going to ultimately depend on price and shipping for me too. If it ships rather quickly I'll most likely be in.

Can I be honest, my group felt the same way about Pathfinder when it first came out. While technically backwards compatible we took one look at the Pathfinder classes and instantly wanted to play them instead as they were just hands down better than their 3e equivalents. I wouldn’t be surprised if this goes the same way.

Edit [Strange to think how excited we were about 1d6 damage at will cantrips back then and 1+Wis bonus times per day abilities. How things have changed!!!]

Last edited:

R_J_K75

Legend
Can I be honest, my group felt the same way about Pathfinder when it first came out. While technically backwards compatible we took one look at the Pathfinder classes and instantly wanted to play them instead as they were just hands down better than their 5e equivalents. I wouldn’t be surprised if this goes the same way.
This is exactly my worry. With only one book to go around the table that could be a problem. Its a hard sell for some players who just bought an O5E set of core books when theres a potential for it to be too mechanic heavy for our group and we end up not using a good portion of it.

Faolyn

(she/her)
The advanced stuff is mostly choices, not additional math (fortunately). Like, you go up a level and instead of just getting one ability you have a choice of two or three abilities. This isn't the case at every level, but it's more common than in o5e.

That said, I don't know if an o5e and LU character could play together without being unbalanced. LU characters only get a +1/+1 to their stats (tied to background) instead of +2/+1, and fighters and rogues don't get extra level-based ASIs, so that helps to keep things more equal.

Remove ads

Remove ads