Blog (A5E) Level Up: Works In Progress

Here’s a quick glance at some of the nearly completed parts of the Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition core rulebook! Awesome layout by Frank Michienzi. Art from Claudio Pozas and Shen Fei. Writing from a diverse team of awesome D&D experts.

Here’s a quick glance at some of the nearly completed parts of the Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition core rulebook! Awesome layout by Frank Michienzi. Art from Claudio Pozas and Shen Fei. Writing from a diverse team of awesome D&D experts.

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 8.24.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 8.27.33 PM.png

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
@Morrus are you going to have a contributor/author/artist live stream for the kickstarter?

Kinda like what Matt Colville does for Arcadia?
I’m not familiar — what would that be? We’ve got various promo videos in the works, but I’m not sure what you mean by a contributor live stream?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That’s nearly 2 hours long! :D

But no, we have various videos planned, but not a livestream.

Darkwynters

Explorer
So how does Kickstarter work? (Lame question, I know) So people pledge to the product they want created and the Starter has a month to make the goal. So does that mean the Level Up products will be available for purchase (if it makes its goal, which I think it will) around the beginning of November. Also, if you donate, do you get access to the product earlier? Thank you, Morrus (see got the spelling… teacher here… I make a living butchering student names LOL)

I'm new to following Level Up 5e and I'm super stoked about it and can't wait to start using it. Sorry if I missed it stated somewhere else, but will the .pdf be available as soon as the kickstarter launches next month (Oct) or are we still going to have to wait for that?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm new to following Level Up 5e and I'm super stoked about it and can't wait to start using it. Sorry if I missed it stated somewhere else, but will the .pdf be available as soon as the kickstarter launches next month (Oct) or are we still going to have to wait for that?
Well, after the Kickstarter ends. You have to pay for it first! :)

But we send out PDFs the second the Kickstarter ends.

dave2008

Legend
So how does Kickstarter work? (Lame question, I know) So people pledge to the product they want created and the Starter has a month to make the goal. So does that mean the Level Up products will be available for purchase (if it makes its goal, which I think it will) around the beginning of November. Also, if you donate, do you get access to the product earlier? Thank you, Morrus (see got the spelling… teacher here… I make a living butchering student names LOL)
First, I want to be clear that every Kickstarter works a little differently in terms of reward deliveries. The expected date of deliver should be clearly noted on the KS page and on each pledge level. Some products are KS only, but some go on sale after the KS, it just depends. I would image LevelUp will be for sale shortly after the KS is over.

Regarding funding, yes you pledge for a product you have until the Kickstarter ends (which is not always a month) to change or remove your pledge. Once the KS ends, the funds are taken from your account.

Regarding LevelUP. Once the KS ends, PDF files of anything that is not a stretch goal (not sure if there will even be any of these) will be sent to backers within minutes. So the day the KS ends you are likely to get your PDF as well. However, print books will take longer to deliver. Fortunately, since the books are already complete, these will only lag the PDF by a few weeks or months depending on shipping. Please not this is not typical for a Kickstarter. A current large RPG KS has a projected PDF delivery date of May 2022! EnWorld is very good at delivering product immediately.

A few terms for you:

KS. Kickstarter

Backer. Any one who pledge money to a product.

Pledge. What your paying for a given product. Often there a different specific levels you can fund, but you can also customize your pledge.

Rewards. The product (s) promised with your pledge level. There are often different pledge levels and you get different rewards for each level. Like a PDF only level. Sometimes these include various accessories (such as dice or miniatures).

Stretch Goal. This a defined tier of funding that goes beyond the initial funding to make the Kickstarter. Typically the KS will promise something at this higher goal, like more art, or more monsters, or a new class, etc.

Add-ons. These are extra products that you can add to your pledge for an additional cost. For example, EnWorld has many products that have created in the past, they may offer some of this products as add-ons to the KS (or they may not).

I hope this helps!

dave2008

Legend
Sometimes you might get a free preview, but you never get the product when it launches. Your funds are only taken by Kickstarter when the KS ends (and the project is funded), so you haven't actually paid for anything up until that point. In fact, you can change or remove your pledge up until the campaign ends. You don't get the products for free!

Remove ads

Remove ads