• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LFG booted from DragonCon

pawsplay

Hero
Sure, there are two sides. But if the facts are essentially correct, it's hard to see Dragon Con looking good in this situation. If, in fact, there was not a mistake made, or if someone did offer an apology about the situation in the beginning, that would be different, or if they were un-invited for some other reason, those things would change how I would view this situation.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Sure, there are two sides. But if the facts are essentially correct, it's hard to see Dragon Con looking good in this situation. If, in fact, there was not a mistake made, or if someone did offer an apology about the situation in the beginning, that would be different, or if they were un-invited for some other reason, those things would change how I would view this situation.

That's a big "if", with only half the story.

But this is the Interwebs so common sense shouldn't stop any uninformed nerd rage from being expressed. B-)

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not singling anyone out here as having done this yet - just pointing out that it usually results in this after awhile.

We have half a story. Compare to the Jason Shipman/Outlaw Press stolen artwork scandal, where we actually do have both sides (Shipman has made some comments publicly about it), and it's pretty obvious what the truth of the situation is there.

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
As a private business, DragonCon has every right to refuse to sign them up for a booth next year. As someone who has been involved in running table allocations and such for other cons, I'd say that generally any vendor who doesn't roll over for slights and insults, like that, and winds up needing a refund to calm them down, will not get invited back.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
As a private business, DragonCon has every right to refuse to sign them up for a booth next year.

Unless there is some sort of discriminatory practice happening but there's no telling that from the above explanation. I'll be dealing with vendor space for an upcoming convention and really don't see why someone cannot be polite in almost all circumstances with clients. For all we know this is a singular exception. If I had been the vendor, I doubt I would have been as calm as they were in the above case.

I'm not terribly familiar with LFG, but this isn't the first time I remember a controversy on the internet about DragonCon. Wasn't there a big brouhaha a couple years ago? Scheduling or something?

Being needlessly jerky twice could be a coincidence, but a third time will definitely establish a pattern of behavior.

Treebore

First Post
I imagine Origins once thought they were too big to worry. Dragon Con can definitely follow the same path, especially if they think they are too big/powerful to think treating paying customers with courtesy and respect, and then booting them because they dare take umbrage at such treatment is good business.

Hopefully this recession will remind business' they need their customers, but their customers do not necessarily need them.

Use and abuse at your own risk.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads