• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LFG booted from DragonCon

Dice4Hire

First Post
As a private business, DragonCon has every right to refuse to sign them up for a booth next year. As someone who has been involved in running table allocations and such for other cons, I'd say that generally any vendor who doesn't roll over for slights and insults, like that, and winds up needing a refund to calm them down, will not get invited back.

This is perhaps one of the more unprofessional things I have ever heard. Going by only one side of the story, I know, but the broad generalization that people should lie down for this kind of behavior is just appalling.

catsclaw227

First Post
Treebore, I am interested in your perspective on DragonCon. You are a regular here and your experiences and ideas are respected (even if not always agreed with).

What happened with you at DragonCon?

Stoat

Adventurer
I've never heard of LFG before, but that shouldn't matter as to how they are treated by event organizers. As others have said this is just one side of the story, but if this is true it's definitely not cool.

My wife and I have been thinking about possibly going to DragonCon. We've seen it advertised and wanted to go for the last few years but have been unable due to commitments. We were interested in DragonCon (as opposed to GenCon) since I was stationed in Georgia (Moody AFB, Valdosta), and now live in Florida. Recently we've found yourselves in a position where we can now do things such as this pretty much whenever we want.

However, if this is the way DragonCon does business, perhaps we won't pursue attending.

I'd be interested in hearing DragonCon's reply and perspective to this, if they were so inclined as to post here and discuss it. They don't have to, of course, but reputation is a very valuable commodity - many times more impacting in it's absence (or opposite) than it's presence.

:hmm:

I've been to Dragon Con five or six times as just a regular dude with a badge. The staff has always been polite and friendly, and I've never had any problem with them.

That said, there's a lot less gaming there than I'd like. It's much more of a cosplay/media convention than a gaming convention.

Finally, I don't know anything about LFG, and don't have any reason to believe or disbelieve their story. If its true, they got shafted.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
LFG is written by the same guy who made another comic in which his author fantasy persona spent a week ranting about how TED was made of a bunch of horrible evil people, and later talked about how the N1H1 vaccine was made by incompetent anti-scientists just to kill you.

Forgive me if I don't exactly take him at word :U

Treebore

First Post
Treebore, I am interested in your perspective on DragonCon. You are a regular here and your experiences and ideas are respected (even if not always agreed with).

What happened with you at DragonCon?

I had an issue with a vendor and went to the Dragon Con people to help with resolution, and they didn't care. So since they didn't care, and I was much younger then, I didn't care to go back to Dragon Con again.

If I knew then what I know now I would have just gone to the police, and probably been much happier over all.

Nebten

First Post
LFG is written by the same guy who made another comic in which his author fantasy persona spent a week ranting about how TED was made of a bunch of horrible evil people, and later talked about how the N1H1 vaccine was made by incompetent anti-scientists just to kill you.

Forgive me if I don't exactly take him at word :U

And if you base things off of him instead of a webcomic persona, then his resent story might hold water. It's satire. It's like saying that author Thomas Harris advocates murder & cannabalism.

Watch TED

December Randomness

In those posts, the author is saying quite the opposite. He says go watch TED and himself got the H1N1 vaccine. He is just making a joke about being able to look at both sides one may have about an issue.

That being said, this is Sohmer's opnion about Dragoncon and why he's not going. Take it for what its worth, and then go or not go to Dragoncon based on what you want to get out of the event.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
And if you base things off of him instead of a webcomic persona, then his resent story might hold water. It's satire. It's like saying that author Thomas Harris advocates murder & cannabalism.

Watch TED

December Randomness

In those posts, the author is saying quite the opposite. He says go watch TED and himself got the H1N1 vaccine. He is just making a joke about being able to look at both sides one may have about an issue.

That being said, this is Sohmer's opnion about Dragoncon and why he's not going. Take it for what its worth, and then go or not go to Dragoncon based on what you want to get out of the event.

Except the TED one does so in order to get the other forum members to join him in disagreeing with it, and the H1N1 vaccine states that he's only getting it for his kid, and that otherwise, he wouldn't touch it.

So hey.

Crothian

First Post
When I worked for Marcon a decade ago it was not unconmmon for venders and special guests to ask for things not provided. I was rarely in a position to know if it was things they should be getting but were not, or if they were asking for more then they should. It didn't really matter to myself and my groupm of flunkies we did what we could to make the venders and special guests happy. We couldn't always do as they asked and more then one pissed us off very badly but poor customer service is never the answer.

I've never been to dragon con and have no idea who LFG is.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads